Gear 2 Neo Root

Search This thread

bubuyogzzz

Mar 10, 2011
Caloocan
www.facebook.com
All credit goes to Fibs for finding out the root method.

Original forum: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2771470

Tested on NE5 with Neo with Windows 7 & 8.

Important!: This requires that the Tizen SDK already be installed on your computer. Instructions to install SDK Here. Before rooting make sure your Gear is backed up through Gear manager.

To flash NE5 download from Sammobile. Make sure that you are logged in to download it. Flashing NE5 over ND8 or NDD won't hurt it. Just flash through Odin.

Once you are on NE5 please download Fibs rootf_s and flash through Odin

R381XXU0BNE5rootfs_root.tar. Remove the .md5 at the end so the file is a .tar file. (Needs Gear 2 NEO R381XXU0BNE5 installed)

How to do it?

1. Open command prompt
2. Navigate to where the Tizen SDK is installed in command prompt
3. Run command sdb root on (should tell you that you are in root mode)

Congratulations you have root access.

If you get permission denied then make sure you flashed Fibs rootf_s file in Odin.

**you can check root by running the command below**

Code:
sdb shell
sh-3.2# whoami
root
\\it should tell you root\\

If it tells you that you are a developer run the code below

Code:
sdb root on
\\switched to 'root' account mode\\

sdb shell
sh-3.2# whoami
root

What is this good for?

Removing stock sounds *Be careful*

sdb root on
sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /
sdb shell rm /opt/share/settings/Alerts/ filename.ogg (for removing ringtones change Alerts to Ringtones)
sdb shell mount -o remount,ro / **Make sure that you remount to read only before restarting**
reboot watch

Custom ringtones/alerts:
sdb root on
sdb push your_ringtone.ogg /opt/share/settings/Alerts/ (pushing ringtones change Alerts to Ringtones
reboot watch
Keep in mind free diskspace is 80MB for /opt/ don't fill it up!

If something goes wrong you can always reflash your firmware, factory reset the device and everything is back to normal.

Is it working on rR381XXUOBNL2?

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Everything is fine when I flashed to Tizen NE5 3.0. The problem is I cant connect it to my LG L70 D325.
Ya I wouldn't know I'm connecting to a Samsung device. No issues.

Sent from my 0x1 Note 3...... I love tep

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Good to know. I figured this would work but wasn't sure since Skin stated that it would require the NE5 firmware to work right.
Think nl2 is same firmware with couple changes. Like my note 3 I'm on nk4 firmware but run nh7 no issues. It really depends on the release. We basically got a patch or bug update. I had no issues on ne5 happy to be back on it.

Sent from my 0x1 Note 3...... I love tep

fogame

Well, thanks for response. I wish there's a Great Dev help me to connect Samsung Gear 2 to my LG L70 D325.

It should function as any of the other ways to connect your watch to a non-samsung phone. IT requires side loading all the APKS. I'm on my phone so it might be a while before I am able to get you the link to the forum that can help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All credit goes to Fibs for finding out the root method.

Original forum: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2771470

Tested on NE5 with Neo with Windows 7 & 8.

Important!: This requires that the Tizen SDK already be installed on your computer. Instructions to install SDK Here. Before rooting make sure your Gear is backed up through Gear manager.

To flash NE5 download from Sammobile. Make sure that you are logged in to download it. Flashing NE5 over ND8 or NDD won't hurt it. Just flash through Odin.

Once you are on NE5 please download Fibs rootf_s and flash through Odin

R381XXU0BNE5rootfs_root.tar. Remove the .md5 at the end so the file is a .tar file. (Needs Gear 2 NEO R381XXU0BNE5 installed)

How to do it?

1. Open command prompt
    2. Navigate to where the Tizen SDK is installed in command prompt
    3. Run command sdb root on (should tell you that you are in root mode)

Congratulations you have root access.

If you get permission denied then make sure you flashed Fibs rootf_s file in Odin.

**you can check root by running the command below**

Code:
    sdb shell
    sh-3.2# whoami
    root
    \\it should tell you root\\

If it tells you that you are a developer run the code below

Code:
    sdb root on
    \\switched to 'root' account mode\\

sdb shell
    sh-3.2# whoami
    root

What is this good for?

Removing stock sounds *Be careful*

sdb root on
    sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /
    sdb shell rm /opt/share/settings/Alerts/ filename.ogg (for removing ringtones change Alerts to Ringtones)
    sdb shell mount -o remount,ro / **Make sure that you remount to read only before restarting**
    reboot watch

Custom ringtones/alerts:
    sdb root on
    sdb push your_ringtone.ogg /opt/share/settings/Alerts/ (pushing ringtones change Alerts to Ringtones
    reboot watch
    Keep in mind free diskspace is 80MB for /opt/ don't fill it up!

If something goes wrong you can always reflash your firmware, factory reset the device and everything is back to normal.
    I would like the ability to have the watch both vibrate and play a ringtone. I'm sure rooting will eventually get that accomplished.

Yes. I am working on the vibrate files right now so that we can change the method of vibration. Once that is done I will move to getting them to play at the same time.
    I'm not familiar with using the SDB command... I find it to be hard to understand. Is there some sorta video that I can watch to get this done? Meaning I just want to change my notification/ringtone(s). I have already rooted the watch...did it early today...just need to learn to add custom ringtones.
    So far when I open the command prompt it just closes right back so I'm not sure what else to do to keep it open. Any suggestion? Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

http://youtu.be/2SMRRTmaVOY

Sent from my SM-T705 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    can i root my gear 2 neo without andorid Sdk ? my watch will be damge or not ? :) because i cant install SDK in my PC :rolleyes:

Well to root your watch you have to have Odin installed and the correct drivers. The only reason to use the SDK is to add/remove things from the watch OS.
    Really?:eek: It has root? Awesome! Not tried this yet. I ordered neo watch it should be coming in few days. Can't wait to try this!:victory: