[Guide] How to Convert Mp3 to Ogg files "Ringtones" {X8 Stock Ringtones included}

Search This thread

ZapaPro

Nov 24, 2011
Amman
[Guide] How to Convert Mp3 to Ogg files "Ringtones" {X8 Stock Ringtones included}

Ogg files are the Ringtones audio files format which is used By our beloved X8 and other android devices. so here is a simple way how to convert mp3 files to ogg files by using VLC Media Player and place them in your device

Requirements :
1. Rooted phone.
2. Root explorer.
3. Vlc media player. it's for free Google it xD
4. your favorite mp3 files.
5. Brains & reading skills.

Steps :
1. install Vlc media player & launch it.
2. Click on Media.
3. Select "Convert / Save.." .. Make sure that u are on the Folder tab.
4. Click on Add & Select the mp3 file you would like to convert.
5. Click on "Convert/save" Small window will pop up which is named Convert.
6. on Destination section click on browse and select the Destination you desire. Name the File ****.ogg then click on save.
7. On Settings section click on the drop box and select "AUDIO-VORBIS (OGG)".
8. Click on start and wait till it's done.
9.Place the OGG file in system\media\audio\ringtones\ using Root Explorer and set the file permissions to:
[x] [x] [ ]
[x] [ ] [ ]
[x] [ ] [ ]
10. Reboot your phone.

I hope i've helped :D. X8 stock sounds are in the attachments section
Use step 9 and 10 if you are here only for the attachment

Attachments

• X8StockSound.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 3,560
Last edited:

andrey22vl

Feb 7, 2011
Valcea
to use my mp3 files as ringtones and notification sound i just copied the mp3 files using root explorer in system/media/audio/notification or ringtone folder... then restart your phone and you will find your mp3 files in ringtones and notification list

MisterX86

Feb 20, 2013
Ogg files are the Ringtones audio files format which is used By our beloved X8 and other android devices. so here is a simple way how to convert mp3 files to ogg files by using VLC Media Player and place them in your device

Requirements :
1. Rooted phone.
2. Root explorer.

Steps :
2. Click on Media.
6. on Destination section click on browse and select the Destination you desire. Name the File ****.ogg then click on save.
9.Place the OGG file in system\media\audio\ringtones\ using Root Explorer and set the file permissions to:
[x] [x] [ ]
[x] [ ] [ ]
[x] [ ] [ ]
10. Reboot your phone.

Hello, I am a new user of xda but I follow another forum related to android and I was wondering if I can bring your guide on the site Androidiani giving all due credit of course!tnx

CtrlAltDelIrl

Mar 7, 2012
There is absolutely no point in doing this.

OGG files are not "ringtone files" for a start. They are the equivalent of mp3 files except that the codec is free to use and has better compression and audio quality than mp3 files.

MP3 codecs, just like JPEGs are a proprietry format (evil)

OGG codecs, just like PNGs are free to use (nice)

Non-proprietry codecs are one of the benefits we get from being based on Linux.

In the conversion from mp3 to ogg you will suffer quality reduction, not by using oggs but through the conversion process itself.

CnC-ROCK

Aug 28, 2012
Nashik
to use my mp3 files as ringtones and notification sound i just copied the mp3 files using root explorer in system/media/audio/notification or ringtone folder... then restart your phone and you will find your mp3 files in ringtones and notification list

Yup..that does the work.no need to convert to ogg..

OGG files are not "ringtone files" for a start. They are the equivalent of mp3 files except that the codec is free to use and has better compression and audio quality than mp3 files.

In the conversion from mp3 to ogg you will suffer quality reduction, not by using oggs but through the conversion process itself.

Agreed bro..

The best way here would be.copy the mp3 in sd. open music player and then set as ringtone. No need to even copy in system/media/audio/ringtones..or whatever folder it is.

Reactions: CtrlAltDelIrl

rizaljr

Apr 16, 2013
helloo all

this guide, i'm new user, can i use other directory explorer beisdes root explorer ?

bal1971

Nov 22, 2009
Agreed bro..
The best way here would be.copy the mp3 in sd. open music player and then set as ringtone. No need to even copy in system/media/audio/ringtones..or whatever folder it is.
---------------------
CtrlAltDelIrl has already explained why it's .ogg that plays its best part in android.
i'd not even blink a sec if i have to use ogg for my music. mp3 is on its way out.

and by the way, copying the ringtone file into /system/media/audio/ringtones ensures
that the file won't show up in your music player. copying to any other place makes
it visible and prone to deletion (by many music players in play).

Reactions: ZapaPro

CnC-ROCK

Aug 28, 2012
Nashik
---------------------
CtrlAltDelIrl has already explained why it's .ogg that plays its best part in android.
i'd not even blink a sec if i have to use ogg for my music. mp3 is on its way out.

and by the way, copying the ringtone file into /system/media/audio/ringtones ensures
that the file won't show up in your music player. copying to any other place makes
it visible and prone to deletion (by many music players in play).

seriously.. necroing dead threads for this post?

Reactions: bal1971

akhirnyasip

Mar 21, 2012
Bontang

Requirements :
1. Rooted phone.
2. Root explorer.

Steps :
2. Click on Media.
[x] [x] [ ]
[x] [ ] [ ]
[x] [ ] [ ]
10. Reboot your phone.

Nice info,..thanks,....

Reactions: ZapaPro

DenusAndre

Jan 9, 2013
Thanks, this was quite helpful!!! I watch movies using VLC, but i used free audio converter by dvdvideosoft and converted them on my PC, then uploaded to my phone. The toold is quite helpful (i got it from here), but your trick will save my time! Thanks again.

CKKnot

Oct 20, 2011
Kuching
Thanks, this was quite helpful!!! I watch movies using VLC, but i used free audio converter by dvdvideosoft and converted them on my PC, then uploaded to my phone. The toold is quite helpful (i got it from here), but your trick will save my time! Thanks again.

How about this?
TAudioConverter - Home at Codeplex
Usually I'll download flac & push it directly to phone. If I got time, I would convert it to Opus or AAC-HE.
I use rockbox to play music:D

DenusAndre

Jan 9, 2013
Another good & clean tool, almost same as FAC, thanks!
The idea to do this in VLC right on your android phone without copying it to the phone hundred times is much more timesaving though :D

CKKnot

Oct 20, 2011
Kuching
How about this? It is based on FFmpeg, so its mainly on software but some in hardware too :fingers-crossed:
Its not clean, you'll need to learn to make own command line if you want to customize it more (quality or bit-rate wise)
But but, it still have some present included ;)
FFmpeg Media Encoder

bal1971

Nov 22, 2009
thanx a ton zapapro!

i was able to get a customized PowerOn audio, convert it to .ogg by your method and then place in /system/media/ui for a change powering on my note3.

delicius!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements :
    1. Rooted phone.
    2. Root explorer.

Steps :
    2. Click on Media.
    [x] [x] [ ]
    [x] [ ] [ ]
    [x] [ ] [ ]
    10. Reboot your phone.

Nice guide! Thanks...

This mail was delivered to you using XDA Premium!

Agreed bro..