[GUIDE][SuperSU]Android Wear system-less root [2.79]

Search This thread

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
Follow this guide to flash SuperSU on the latest version of android wear for your watch, it should have the same OS compatibility as normal SuperSU and should work all the way upto android 7.1.1
(from PC)
1.Unlock the bootloader if not already unlocked
(Make sure to set up device with phone after unlocking bootloader otherwise no boot!)
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
2.flash TWRP for your device (REQUIRES read only access to system!, will post working builds in post below)
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img
3.Download SuperSU with busybox YDS included HERE and move it to watch with adb push to /sdcard while TWRP is booted and then install as normal zip
Code:
adb push nameofzip.zip /sdcard/
4.IGNORE SYSTEM NOT INSTALLED Boot watch to system and Now your root apps from 5.1 should work perfect. THERE WILL BE NO SUPER SU APP, IT HAS NOT BEEN PORTED TO ANDROID WEAR

REMEMBER squashfs is read only even with root so don't bother trying to modify system files like the build.prop.
If you would like to modify system use any Linux distro and unsquash the system then resquash it (will make guide if enough interest)
If you would like to change pixel density perform this command in either adb shell or a terminal emulator:
Code:
wm density <dpi>
Please leave thanks if it helped!

Last edited:

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
In regards to Busybox on Rails, I compared the link provided and Google Play (which I assume is latest), they are the same versions. Is there a trustworthy place to find the old version suggested?

Not sure if I will need it, just covering my bases. Upgrading to 6.0.1 tonight.

Thanks.

Last edited:

itsthamessenger

Jan 30, 2016
Detroit
First post and Thanks to you!!!

This is my first post in the community, i thank you all for all you do! I have successfully rooted lg g watch with android 6.0.1 build mec23d using your method. busy box pro installed after uninstalling superuser.

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
In regards to Busybox on Rails, I compared the link provided and Google Play (which I assume is latest), they are the same versions. Is there a trustworthy place to find the old version suggested?

Not sure if I will need it, just covering my bases. Upgrading to 6.0.1 tonight.

Thanks.
Oh I thought it was an older version will edit that as the latest did not work On 5.1.1 wear but I guess it those on 6.0.1

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
This is my first post in the community, i thank you all for all you do! I have successfully rooted lg g watch with android 6.0.1 build mec23d using your method. busy box pro installed after uninstalling superuser.
Glad I could help! I was not aware the busybox pro worked on wear is it the one by stericson?

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
Unless I am missing something, system access is needed for the LG G Watch.

Tried with TWRP 3.0.0 and 2.8.7, SuperSU 2.65 flash was successful in spite of /system not mounting (notice was given in red letters), rebooted, with same result across both versions:

Code:
joel@cybaryme:~$ Build/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb uninstall eu.chainfire.supersu
Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]
joel@cybaryme:~$ Build/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb install Downloads/BusyBox%20On%20Rails_5.1.74_apk-dl.com.apk 
1087 KB/s (2287614 bytes in 2.053s)
	pkg: /data/local/tmp/BusyBox%20On%20Rails_5.1.74_apk-dl.com.apk
Success
joel@cybaryme:~$ Build/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb shell
shell@dory:/ $ su
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
127|shell@dory:/ $

Looks like SuperSU is not even bothering with system-less mode:
http://pastebin.com/T7k0cWHv

Last edited:

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
Unless I am missing something, system access is needed for the LG G Watch.

Tried with TWRP 3.0.0 and 2.8.7, SuperSU 2.65 flash was successful in spite of /system not mounting (notice was given in red letters), rebooted, with same result across both versions:
Huh I used a modified version of the latest TWRP from a member that allowed the system to be mounted read only as squashfs is a read only file system ie. The system image has to be rebuilt to make changes. I assumed that since supersu is now system less it those not require system access but maybe it those but I really didn't see the use of mounting it read only as it cannot make any changes to system. Will edit thread thanks for info. Link to squashfs twrp above

It is strange though the other poster managed to root without system access.

Last edited:

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
Huh I used a modified version of the latest TWRP from a member that allowed the system to be mounted read only as squashfs is a read only file system ie. The system image has to be rebuilt to make changes. I assumed that since supersu is now system less it those not require system access but maybe it those but I really didn't see the use of mounting it read only as it cannot make any changes to system. Will edit thread thanks for info.

The third time I flashed to get the log, I attempted to mount /system as read only, since it didn't mount properly otherwise. The onscreen messages looked the same anyway...successful flash, but could not mount /system. And upon leaving TWRP, it warned that no OS was installed. Nothing different for all intents and purposes.

Thanks, I will try your TWRP and report back.

UPDATE:
Your TWRP made all the difference:

Code:
joel@cybaryme:~$ Build/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb uninstall eu.chainfire.supersu
Success
joel@cybaryme:~$ Build/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb shell
shell@dory:/ $ su
root@dory:/ #

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilipTD

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
The third time I flashed to get the log, I attempted to mount /system as read only, since it didn't mount properly otherwise. The onscreen messages looked the same anyway...successful flash, but could not mount /system. And upon leaving TWRP, it warned that no OS was installed. Nothing different for all intents and purposes.

Thanks, I will try your TWRP and report back.

UPDATE:
Your TWRP made all the difference:

Thank you! :)

No problem guess SuperSU those require system access to work it seems to be for SE Linux patching and also the build.prop

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
Highly recommend everyone to get invisiblek's kernel its top notch gets rid of the horrible lag of 6.0.1's kernel And is fully supported by my root method so even better!

ganovim

Jan 10, 2011
Where do supersu and busybox get installed

Welcome and watch the whole process only requires pc and watch no phone involved. My modified supersu installer should have installed busybox on Rails app to the watch

Since the new wear has a read only system, where do the supersu and busybox get installed?

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
Since the new wear has a read only system, where do the supersu and busybox get installed?

SuperSU is now system less if you haven't been following it recently so system access is not required also bits of supersu are stored in the kernel disk and others just at /data. Busybox is stored with the SU mounted image to /su/xbin once installed via the app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow this guide to flash SuperSU on the latest version of android wear for your watch, it should have the same OS compatibility as normal SuperSU and should work all the way upto android 7.1.1
    (from PC)
    1.Unlock the bootloader if not already unlocked
    (Make sure to set up device with phone after unlocking bootloader otherwise no boot!)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock
    2.flash TWRP for your device (REQUIRES read only access to system!, will post working builds in post below)
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img
    3.Download SuperSU with busybox YDS included HERE and move it to watch with adb push to /sdcard while TWRP is booted and then install as normal zip
    Code:
    adb push nameofzip.zip /sdcard/
    4.IGNORE SYSTEM NOT INSTALLED Boot watch to system and Now your root apps from 5.1 should work perfect. THERE WILL BE NO SUPER SU APP, IT HAS NOT BEEN PORTED TO ANDROID WEAR

REMEMBER squashfs is read only even with root so don't bother trying to modify system files like the build.prop.
    If you would like to modify system use any Linux distro and unsquash the system then resquash it (will make guide if enough interest)
    If you would like to change pixel density perform this command in either adb shell or a terminal emulator:
    Code:
    wm density <dpi>
    Please leave thanks if it helped!
    Feel free to submit links to twrp for squashfs watch with model name, codename and original developer's name
    Will add them to this post
    THESE ARE THE ONLY BUILDS THAT WILL WORK UNTIL TWRP IS UPDATED!
    I DID NOT CREATE ANY OF THESE BUILDS!

LG G Watch dory (courtesy of @rbox)
    LG G watch R lenok

Try this zip, I removed busybox from the installer which I think might be the issue.
    no, had to restore to 5.1.1 and then installed 6.0.1 and just now retried rooting...

http://xdaforums.com/g-watch/general/search-factory-image-6-0-1-t3330188 for future you can use these all stuff needed for 6.0.1

SuperSU is now system less if you haven't been following it recently so system access is not required also bits of supersu are stored in the kernel disk and others just at /data. Busybox is stored with the SU mounted image to /su/xbin once installed via the app