[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006
Am I running the correct kernal? I find it strange that it's dated before 4.0.4 source was released. I tried to mobile Odin fc24 modem tar it goes through the motions, but doesn,t update.
ad4da0da-bb98-d7e6.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

bo5ibbs

Jun 28, 2011
Am I running the correct kernal? I find it strange that it's dated before 4.0.4 source was released. I tried to mobile Odin fc24 modem tar it goes through the motions, but doesn,t update.
ad4da0da-bb98-d7e6.jpg

Mobile Odin won't flash modems for our device atm

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: jamesey

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
I haven't been following CM9/ICS until the last few days, so, spare me if this has been answered pages back, but, do we know what or why it is that we can't go below 190?

...I do miss 160...At first I didn't, I just set it and loved it with Nova launcher...and then I got a call, er, well, I was supposed to.

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
I haven't been following CM9/ICS until the last few days, so, spare me if this has been answered pages back, but, do we know what or why it is that we can't go below 190?

...I do miss 160...At first I didn't, I just set it and loved it with Nova launcher...and then I got a call, er, well, I was supposed to.

My understanding is that anything lower and the os recognizes the phone as a tablet and since tablets dont have radios, the phone app crashes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Reactions: daneurysm

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006
Is there any way to update profile/prl without nandroid back? I tried under sprint updates and it just calls sprint customer service.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
ad4da0da-bb98-d7e6.jpg

Lol march24 is when fc24 kernel was built.. and is the most recent kernel we have for our phones.. modem you need to flash through el26 cwm kernel.. you shouod have done it right after you flashed this rom

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

phildis

Apr 22, 2009
recovery

Hi guys,

I just installed cm9a2 and I am having a problem with the recovery. I have everything up and running, but when I reboot into recovery mode, it takes me to the stock recovery not cwm5. Is this happening to anyone else, or am I doing something wrong? Do I need to use ODIN everytime?

Dudebowski

Mar 1, 2011
Chicago
Using mobile Odin is it better/safer if the el26 kernel cwm .tar file on the (external) or (internal)..?

If it's on the internal, mobile odin is flashing that data from one partition to another... I don't see a problem there. I'd be more concerned with flashing it when the tarball is hosted on the SD card for fear it would be somehow unmounted, which wouldn't happen on the internal. Though the potential for that is slim to none if the sd card and its physical port are healthy. Splitting hairs at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts