[Q] Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Slow Internet

Search This thread

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
Hello everyone and greetings from Finland :)

First i must say that this is my first android phone so i am a total newbie.

I have the Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 and its updated with the Kies program from gingerbread to jellybean 4.1.2.

After the upgrade the internet is very slow (i dont use wifi), sometimes i cant get the connection at all and overall the phone is not working properly.
I send the phone to service when i have warranty left. The circuit card was changed to a new one but the phone acts the same way, i have also made factory reset but nothings helps. I dont also have many apps etc. installed so that cant be the reason.

What do you guys think would be the best solution ? Internet was working better with gingerbread so should i downgrade back to gb or maybe try a custom rom :confused:

Many thanks in advance guys :)

nusko_x

Jan 23, 2012
About downgrade to GB i also think about it every day, because it works best with GB. But I'm already used to JB. If you wish to stay at stock 4.1.2 try Kyrillos V9, great rom, ore Team Canjica CM 10.1 those two are bugfree as far as I know, maybe it will help.

Reactions: NangaParbat75

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
Thanks for your reply !

I forgot to say that i use my phone almost for basic use sms, internet, photos, music editing , gmail etc. and of course i want to try different apps. But Galaxy ace 2 has so low memory that it barely runs even for basic use :(

I would like to keep jellybean 4.1.2 and try a rom but it has to be stable so i dont have to panic if something goes wrong :eek:

nusko_x mentioned Kyrillos rom and Team Canjica CM 10.1, are they stable and easy to use for a newbie like me ?
There are sooo many roms out there that i get confused :confused:

arhamiq

Jul 15, 2012
Thanks for your reply !

I forgot to say that i use my phone almost for basic use sms, internet, photos, music editing , gmail etc. and of course i want to try different apps. But Galaxy ace 2 has so low memory that it barely runs even for basic use :(

I would like to keep jellybean 4.1.2 and try a rom but it has to be stable so i dont have to panic if something goes wrong :eek:

nusko_x mentioned Kyrillos rom and Team Canjica CM 10.1, are they stable and easy to use for a newbie like me ?

you can get cyanogenmod 10.1 for a really bugfree and smooth experience and yes you can always swap your memory to get rid of the low memory issue :)

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
Thanks guys !

I will try the cyanogenmod 10.1 , isnt this the right link for install http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2452315 ?

But before that i have questions. I have searched about what to do before installing the new rom but i have got mixed answers or then i havent understood it.
So, after rooting the phone i back up data etc. and for me especially back up the whole rom i have before installing the new one.
But regarding this "backup" progress, in what particular order is it done, do you guys maybe have a good link ?

Then a stupid question about the SD card , all i have is the microsd that came with the phone when i bought it. Is it enough ?
@Frankie73 , i have the "H" in the statusbar when surfing so its ok i think ? Here where i live the connection is not so good but it worked quite good before upgrading..

Frankie73

Nov 26, 2013
near Vienna
@Frankie73 , i have the "H" in the statusbar when surfing so its ok i think ? Here where i live the connection is not so good but it worked quite good before upgrading..
OK, when you see the "H" then the connection speed should be ok. So maybe the problem is the browser itself? I noticed that some browsers, that worked very well for me on GB, didn't do well on JB. Dolphin for example. So maybe just try another browser. For me the best is Next Browser, but there are a lot to try out / choose from.

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
@Frankie73 i have now nextbrowser but its the same and i have tried many others, thanks anyway.

I have done more research and if i have understood it right the Team Canjica cyanogenmod 10.1 doesnt require root access ?

So basically i only have to unlock bootloader to flash the custom recovery and get nandroid backup, and then i am ready to install cyanogenmod ?:confused:

Is this safe to do , i mean think if something goes wrong and i loose the nandroid backup ? Then the phone is gone .. :(

Frankie73

Nov 26, 2013
near Vienna
AFAIK you don't need root for CM. Just install temporary CWM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2141395) and you should be able to flash CM10.1. And yes, I think it's save when you do a backup, although I never had to use it myself since I never had any problems when flashing CM10.1 or CM11. Besides backup you can always use odin to flash the official JB.

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
Thanks for your reply !

Now i know that CM has root-access but i am still confused how to back up the whole device if something goes wrong.

So please, what is the best way to do the whole backup ? @Frankie73 , what do you mean with "use odin to flash the official JB" ?

And then there is the Bootloader thing. Should i unlock it ?

Can i try non-rooted roms in the future even if Bootloader is locked ?

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
-I dont think our bootloader is locked :/
-Do a nandroid backup lol
-Odin is a windows app for samsung devices to flash stock firmware files :/

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

Frankie73

Nov 26, 2013
near Vienna
Yeah, as Teddy said, no need to unlock bootloader on our device.

And what I meant was that if anything goes seriously wrong and you can't restore your backup, you still have the option to flash the stock Samsung JB through Odin.

Please hit the "Thanks" button if my posts were helpful for you ;)

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
Sorry guys, now i hit the "Thanks" button for you !

I still have issues to clear out so please be patience.

Ok, so no bootloader unlocking.

At very first i will do a Nandroid Backup via Recovery and ROM Manager, but doesnt it require your phone to be rooted ?

Regarding the nandroid backup, it will be created on the SD-card , but does my phone have a SD-card ? :eek:
I havent bought any separate SD-card , the phone has a microsd card that came with it when i bought the phone.

Frankie73

Nov 26, 2013
near Vienna
Sorry guys, now i hit the "Thanks" button for you !

I still have issues to clear out so please be patience.

Ok, so no bootloader unlocking.

At very first i will do a Nandroid Backup via Recovery and ROM Manager, but doesnt it require your phone to be rooted ?

Regarding the nandroid backup, it will be created on the SD-card , but does my phone have a SD-card ? :eek:
I havent bought any separate SD-card , the phone has a microsd card that came with it when i bought the phone.
Just open the slot on the side of your Ace2 and check if there's a sd card inside;) If not go and get one - you will need it if you will use custom ROMs.

I don't know if root is needed for doing a full backup but rooting from stock JB is really very simple:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2139263

It's done in less then 5 minutes.

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
1. Root not needed for cwm to work
2. No theres a temp cwm in dev forums. Dont use rom manager
3. Btw backups are usually 800mb-1gb+ so make sure you have space :)

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
The words 'permanent' and 'temporary' are in dictionaries :/
Perm- forever(until you change)
Temp- stock recovery installed so you must flash temp cwm everytime you want to use it.

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
Thanks again for reply !

So with temp cwm i also get the nandroid backup ?
Lets say that something goes wrong and i want my stock jellybean back, what do i have to do then ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About downgrade to GB i also think about it every day, because it works best with GB. But I'm already used to JB. If you wish to stay at stock 4.1.2 try Kyrillos V9, great rom, ore Team Canjica CM 10.1 those two are bugfree as far as I know, maybe it will help.
    Thanks for your reply !

you can get cyanogenmod 10.1 for a really bugfree and smooth experience and yes you can always swap your memory to get rid of the low memory issue :)
    @NangaParbat75: Do you get HSDPA when browsing? (You see a "H" in the statusbar when you have HSDPA connection).
    -I dont think our bootloader is locked :/
    -Do a nandroid backup lol
    -Odin is a windows app for samsung devices to flash stock firmware files :/

Yeah, as Teddy said, no need to unlock bootloader on our device.

And what I meant was that if anything goes seriously wrong and you can't restore your backup, you still have the option to flash the stock Samsung JB through Odin.

Please hit the "Thanks" button if my posts were helpful for you ;)