[Q] Gear 2 Neo with watch faces from www.gearfaces.com

Search This thread

jamesbond007uk

Aug 5, 2007
Amsterdam
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a new watch face from www.gearfaces.com on Gear 2 Neo?
I downloaded the watch styles 1.1.0.0, downloading watch face goes fine, but i dont see them in the latest Gear mananager.

Thanks.

lamwong3

Jun 22, 2013
How did u sleep watch style? I can't find it in the Samsung app.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ex-28

would also like info on this :)

I can get the themes downloaded on my phone into my downloads folder and styler picks them up in there and loads them but here is where I am stuck.

Screenshot_2014-04-12-17-17-11.jpg

Last edited:

bahamasjkh

Jan 1, 2014
South Amboy, NJ
watchfaces

I have the gear1... With over 100 great watchfaces saved in the .wstheme format... I really want to get gear 2 but only if I can use them.... does the gear 2 come with or use a watchstyler?

ex-28

I have the gear1... With over 100 great watchfaces saved in the .wstheme format... I really want to get gear 2 but only if I can use them.... does the gear 2 come with or use a watchstyler?

I never had original gear watch but I do have the gear 2 neo here , I installed the apk of watchstyler I can create and import themes but I cant find a way to set them in gear manager

bahamasjkh

Jan 1, 2014
South Amboy, NJ
I never had original gear watch but I do have the gear 2 neo here , I installed the apk of watchstyler I can create and import themes but I cant find a way to set them in gear manager
W/ original gear I'm able to select the "watchstyler" watchface in gear manager... under clocks... The neo gear manager doesn't allow you to change watchfaces?

ex-28

W/ original gear I'm able to select the "watchstyler" watchface in gear manager... under clocks... The neo gear manager doesn't allow you to change watchfaces?

once it opends gear manager I don't have "clocks" in there

if I click on home screen styler in gear manger I have "clock" at th top but in there
it only shows pre loaded clocks from before

Jeshter2000

Aug 24, 2010
This is due HTML5 based OS on the Neo and Gear2...
Gear1 runs android so someone needs to see if there can be a app created for HTML5.... Sadly WatchStyler is not compatible with Gear2 and Neo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bahamasjkh

Jan 1, 2014
South Amboy, NJ
Watchstyler

I find it hard to believe that the Gear2 would be released without an app for making watch faces. Watchstyler was universally touted as being THE most useful and popular app for the original Gear. Surely Sammy would capitalize on its popularity! The next smartwatch I purchase would have to allow me to continue to enjoy the plethora of watchfaces created by the talented folks @ XDA! For me it is a watch first!... and I am spoilt to the core after having so many choices of faces to ever go back to just a few primitive "cartoonish" dials! I want the new Gear2 so badly I can taste it! But until we can "port" over the watchfaces already available or come up with a viable method of creating new ones in Tizen I will continue to enjoy what I have.... which, after all, is still a kick-@ss piece of technology!.... sorry... just had to get that off my chest!.
:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Qwallace70129

Feb 2, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
I find it hard to believe that the Gear2 would be released without an app for making watch faces. Watchstyler was universally touted as being THE most useful and popular app for the original Gear. Surely Sammy would capitalize on its popularity! The next smartwatch I purchase would have to allow me to continue to enjoy the plethora of watchfaces created by the talented folks @ XDA! For me it is a watch first!... and I am spoilt to the core after having so many choices of faces to ever go back to just a few primitive "cartoonish" dials! I want the new Gear2 so badly I can taste it! But until we can "port" over the watchfaces already available or come up with a viable method of creating new ones in Tizen I will continue to enjoy what I have.... which, after all, is still a kick-@ss piece of technology!.... sorry... just had to get that off my chest!.
:fingers-crossed:

Why would Samsung capitalize on it? It was never their app to begin with. It was a privately created app. Blame the creators of watch styler for not rewriting the app for the gear 2.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bahamasjkh

Jan 1, 2014
South Amboy, NJ
Why would Samsung capitalize on it? It was never their app to begin with. It was a privately created app. Blame the creators of watch styler for not rewriting the app for the gear 2.

Why would Samsung capitalize on it? Are you kidding? One of the major complaints (one) was that the Gear was released with a very limited collection of stock faces. Even now there is only a handful of "crackerjack" watchfaces. I'm not blaming anyone.... simply stating my dismay and disbelief that there seems to be no method (now) of rocking out the Gear2 with a little more sophisticated watchfaces. I work in a luxury jewelry store and certainly won't be wearing a S5 wallpaper on my wrist. I am well aware that it was created by one of Sammys "partners".

Qwallace70129

Feb 2, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Why would Samsung capitalize on it? Are you kidding? One of the major complaints (one) was that the Gear was released with a very limited collection of stock faces. Even now there is only a handful of "crackerjack" watchfaces. I'm not blaming anyone.... simply stating my dismay and disbelief that there seems to be no method (now) of rocking out the Gear2 with a little more sophisticated watchfaces. I work in a luxury jewelry store and certainly won't be wearing a S5 wallpaper on my wrist. I am well aware that it was created by one of Sammys "partners".

You can change the backgrounds..... Lol. I know it's not much.. but what can we really expect 2 days after its release? Devs are probably waiting to see if the buzz behind these products actually produces numbers. Maybe when enough purple start clamoring for it someone will step up to the plate and create an app. It just sucks (IMO) because the big draw was suppose to be how easy it would be to create html5/java apps.... but no one has actually done it yet....

amaya84

Jul 24, 2008
A user of this forum have made a face clock modifying the example that comes in the Tizen SDK.

The actual Wacht Styler dont work with the new Gear Manager.

rorijam

Nov 16, 2005

Ok Thanks. Hopefully someone is creative to create a new app.

HI,
I installed Styler form samsung store and I have created some new faces and they work OK, I havent loaded one from gearfaces but they have 4 supposedly compatible with tizen from main pages menu.

I will give a try as soon as my watch returns...I have returned to seller because it has a problem with the battery.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts