flashing or charging with a 3rd party cable not possible ?

Search This thread

pujdo1

Aug 26, 2011
have anyone noticed, that rsd lite won't recognize the droid maxx if you plug it in the computer with a differentusb cable than the one from motorola ?
or that if you charge the phone with a 3rd party usb cable, that the battery stats are not resetting ? in my example the phone didnt show the battery stats properly and even if the phone is being charged, in the stats it always said on battery.

sorry for my bad english.

doogald

May 27, 2010
have anyone noticed, that rsd lite won't recognize the droid maxx if you plug it in the computer with a differentusb cable than the one from motorola ?
or that if you charge the phone with a 3rd party usb cable, that the battery stats are not resetting ? in my example the phone didnt show the battery stats properly and even if the phone is being charged, in the stats it always said on battery.

I haven't tried using RSD Lite with my Maxx (and hopefully will never need to), but I charge with non-Motorola cables frequently, with no difference from the Motorola cable.

By the way, your English was very, very good.

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa

Not uncommon for some 3rd party cables not to work well with bootloader/download mode. Happens on other OEMs as well.

pujdo1

Aug 26, 2011
I haven't tried using RSD Lite with my Maxx (and hopefully will never need to), but I charge with non-Motorola cables frequently, with no difference from the Motorola cable.

By the way, your English was very, very good.

can you look at your battery settings ? because if i am using a different cable than motos original one, the battery stats shows like the phone was never charged. so i have 6 or 7 days on battery.

doogald

May 27, 2010
can you look at your battery settings ? because if i am using a different cable than motos original one, the battery stats shows like the phone was never charged. so i have 6 or 7 days on battery.

Yes, my battery stats reset with every full charge. I generally plug in every night and disconnect from power when I wake up in the morning (never to a computer, though - always to the Moto charger). The cable I most use is an Amazon Kindle charge cable.