FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[TUT]Complete upgrading guide(root, unroot, flashing ROM & updates)

2,663 posts
Thanks Meter: 103

By benko286, Retired Forum Moderator on 6th June 2010, 12:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th January 2011, 05:07 PM |#1021  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Worked fine with 3.21 unrevoked3

20th January 2011, 10:06 PM |#1022  
Flag Herentals
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Interesting thread but I do have some questions.
I rooted my desire with Unrevoked wich worked fine. I also did the backup with Titanium Backup and Rommanager.
But now I got stuck between fear and lack of knowledge.
I wanted to root the phone to get rid of the apps I don't use and to free up some memory. Seems that rooting is not gonna help me. So I need to flash another rom.
What about the radio and the rom. I can't seem to find how to and what to install first.
My Desire is a belgian (unbranded) device SLCD running 2.2. (32.49.00.32u_5.11.05.27 build 2.29.405.5)
If I want to get back unrooted I have to choose RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00. 32U_5.11.05.27_release_159811_signed.exe

Meanwhile I already tried the unrooting and that worked like a charm. So I've got no questions about that part anymore.

Any clarification is more then welcome.

Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSmurf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JSmurf Ad-Free
22nd January 2011, 08:31 PM |#1023  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-murdock

its probably a driver issue, like its most of the time. to resolve it:

- boot your phone to hboot (power down, press and hold volume down while power on) - check if windows detects your phone like it should

- the easy way: get a linux live cd, boot your pc from this cd and use the unrevoked linux version. you wont have to fiddle with usb drivers at all.

you find a ubuntu live cd with adb and fastboot (and wrong unrevoked) here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741824
you just have to download unrevoked after that and run it.

edit: btw, locked and branded are two different things. branded doesnt matter at all, locked requires a gold card. but in both cases, unrevoked should detect the phone on reboot.

When I boot my phone to HBOOT Windows recognize it correctly... but definitly my phone is locked,so I'll try with goldcard...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
24th January 2011, 11:06 PM |#1024  
Flag Velenje
Thanks Meter: 186

Donate to Me
More
Is there a way to put sd card back from gold card
25th January 2011, 02:08 PM |#1025  
Flag Timmins, Ont
Thanks Meter: 980

More
does thhis method of root work on telus desire hboot 93.0001 and radio 5 11:05 27?
25th January 2011, 02:44 PM |#1026  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Croatia, Zagreb

More
Ok guys, having a Desire since it came out, rooted from first day, everything worked fine until few days ago.

I flahed [ROM][New Sense][24 JAN] Cool Z/HD ROM v1 Stable FIT IN 250MB NAND A2SD & DATA2EXT and problem came. Before I had HBOOT 0.75 and S-OFF but after flashing this rom (I always flash rom's with Rom Manager) my Desire went S-ON!

So now when I eneter bootloader it says:
Bravo unknown ship S-ON
HBOOT - 0.75.000
MICROP - 031d

I cannot enter classic recovery(via cmd) nor Rom Manager can flash any rom - it just stays on a red triangle image!

Any idea how to patch this, cause I am haveing some serious stability issues with current ROM(sms does not work!)??
25th January 2011, 02:50 PM |#1027  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Norn Irn
Thanks Meter: 439

More
How about trying one of the older recoveries that were an update.zip that you placed on the SD card. It's been ages since I used one though! They were the ones that you put on SD then booted the handset while holding the volume button, then "Apply update.zip"

I think it was an amonra one that I used to have always on SD incase something happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benko286

Ok guys, having a Desire since it came out, rooted from first day, everything worked fine until few days ago.

I flahed [ROM][New Sense][24 JAN] Cool Z/HD ROM v1 Stable FIT IN 250MB NAND A2SD & DATA2EXT and problem came. Before I had HBOOT 0.75 and S-OFF but after flashing this rom (I always flash rom's with Rom Manager) my Desire went S-ON!

So now when I eneter bootloader it says:
Bravo unknown ship S-ON
HBOOT - 0.75.000
MICROP - 031d

I cannot enter classic recovery(via cmd) nor Rom Manager can flash any rom - it just stays on a red triangle image!

Any idea how to patch this, cause I am haveing some serious stability issues with current ROM(sms does not work!)??

The Following User Says Thank You to rolfd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rolfd Ad-Free
25th January 2011, 02:57 PM |#1028  
Flag Croatia, Zagreb

More
You mean smth like this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=839621

But it says I need to be S-OFF to install this?!?
25th January 2011, 03:03 PM |#1029  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Norn Irn

More
I was thinking of this one, although just be careful as these older ones were risking the USB brick. You can recover from that anyway though!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=689778
25th January 2011, 03:26 PM |#1030  
Flag Croatia, Zagreb

More
It says:
Extract Above Given .zip to Desktop
For Xp user -> Run recovery-windows.bat
For Vista & Windows 7 -. Run recovery-windows.bat AS ADMINISTRATOR

Downloaded this:

Download:

Desire Fake-Flash Recovery:
Click Here to Download
-> Thx to INXTUX

but no .bat inside?!?
25th January 2011, 03:38 PM |#1031  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Norn Irn

More
I just re-read the link you posted in post 1028. You can flash this recovery using unrEVOked. You don't need s-off for it.

Quote:

Install

Unrevoked
http://www.unrevoked.com/recovery/ to flash it.
Be aware that unrevoked flashes an Superuser app... so any issues related to su use are out of my control!

The Following User Says Thank You to rolfd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rolfd Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
orange uk htc desire, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)