19th December 2012, 01:32 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSAIL

FAILED <status read failed < Too many links>>
finished. total time :4.382s
< waiting for device >

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

pretty sure i"m bricked

Not bricked at all I fixed and am downloading the jelly bean update and typing this message from the phone as we speak
19th December 2012, 06:19 PM |#102  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Did you have the phone in boot loader? Did you extract the zip before running? Did you run the bat file inside the folded with all the other files? What hardware does your computer have? What does the phone say now?

Edit: whoops, didn't see your last post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
20th December 2012, 07:15 AM |#103  

More
I found another thread on the droid forum where someone had the same error as me and they were advised to update the Adbwinapi.dll and the fastboot in the folder. so i downloaded those two files replaced them and it worked first try. Before I found that I kept on getting <waiting for device> or flash failures at various points during the flash. The phone would not make it past apfastboot under any sort of boot normal, restore, factory reset. For about 5 hours I was convinced my phone was done, I even dug out my droid charge and started to charge it. But I am now on Jelly bean Rooted.
24th December 2012, 12:32 AM |#104  
Flag Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Question
Does anyone know if newly purchased phones are coming with JB already installed? If so would this still work to install root?
24th December 2012, 01:12 AM |#105  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Depends on their stocks. I'd assume they would send out all the ones in their warehouse with ICS still on them and when they run out the JB phones will start shipping. Either way this would still work as long as you restore to 4.0.4 through it before root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
25th December 2012, 07:21 PM |#106  

More
So I finally got my phone and went through the rooting process, I have root and I'm on JB, I triple checked, but I put my Titanium backup folder on my old SD card which before updating I could access on my new phone, but now I can't seem to get to pull it up. I keep getting "Unfortunately, com.motorola.huxvmm.settings has stopped when I choose the storage option in settings. I also can't get my phone to show up as a removable drive to drop the files onto the internal memory. Besides that everything seems fine, any ideas?
26th December 2012, 10:56 PM |#107  

More
Hello, I'm using a Droid RAZR Maxx HD on the latest JB from system update. I get into fast boot mode by pressing volume down and power until the screen comes up, I tried downgrading to ICS with this utility but I get a bunch of cannot execute fastboot adb commands or something along those lines. I have tried multiple times. I will re-try and post a screenshot of the prompt if needed. Thanks!
26th December 2012, 11:22 PM |#108  
Flag Chicago

More
The same
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorugreymon

Hello, I'm using a Droid RAZR Maxx HD on the latest JB from system update. I get into fast boot mode by pressing volume down and power until the screen comes up, I tried downgrading to ICS with this utility but I get a bunch of cannot execute fastboot adb commands or something along those lines. I have tried multiple times. I will re-try and post a screenshot of the prompt if needed. Thanks!

I bought my razr last week also was updated to jellybean I tried the samething you did.
Same problem tried many times to root but no luck.
If you get it can you pm me to explain what you did?
27th December 2012, 02:11 AM |#109  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorugreymon

Any info/help on this, yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budnick

I bought my razr last week also was updated to jellybean I tried the samething you did.
Same problem tried many times to root but no luck.
If you get it can you pm me to explain what you did?

I sent you a PM regarding the steps I followed. I hope to hear your reply.
27th December 2012, 03:52 AM |#110  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,490

Donate to Me
More
You cannot go back to ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
27th December 2012, 04:07 AM |#111  
Flag Awesomeville, USA
Thanks Meter: 313

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff

You cannot go back to ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Really? Not to take up too much of your time Matt, but would you mind elaborating a little why not? I took the JB system OTA, but was able to revert back to ICS using the utility no problem (had to in order to root the phone - my mistake not doing it before taking the update). What's different with their situation? Probably something critical that I'm missing from their typed out situation. Forgive me, I'm a little under the weather
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread