djceet

Jul 30, 2012
Koblenz
"Error:The Flashtype of this device is not (yet) supportet!"

SGS1 @ [ROM] Helly_Bean [4.1.1], based on sources of cm10, 08/07

larry12s

Feb 5, 2012
Flash

Will this work on the Samsung GalaxyS 4G -T959V - current Kernal 2.6..35.7 T959VUVKJ6 CL

This application *requires* root.

This app can flash a kernel within android on Samsung i9000, Captivate, Fascinate, Vibrant and more.

Features:
* backup kernel as update.zip (for recovery)
* flash kernel from zImage, any .tar or .zip that contains a zImage
* reboot

Usage:
backup kernel: creates an update.zip (for recovery) containing a backup of the current kernel with time and date in /sdcard/sgs-kernel-flasher/backup/
choose kernel: choose kernel image (mostly named zImage) or any .tar or .zip that contains a zImage
flash kernel: flashes the kernel
reboot: reboot the phone

Android market: SGS kernel flasher

DISCLAIMER:
The author of this app is not responsible for any damage to your phone that may be caused by usage of this app or by deficient kernel images.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This application *requires* root.

This app can flash a kernel within android on Samsung i9000, Captivate, Fascinate, Vibrant and more.

Features:
    * backup kernel as update.zip (for recovery)
    * flash kernel from zImage, any .tar or .zip that contains a zImage
    * reboot

Usage:
    backup kernel: creates an update.zip (for recovery) containing a backup of the current kernel with time and date in /sdcard/sgs-kernel-flasher/backup/
    choose kernel: choose kernel image (mostly named zImage) or any .tar or .zip that contains a zImage
    flash kernel: flashes the kernel
    reboot: reboot the phone

Android market: SGS kernel flasher

DISCLAIMER:
    The author of this app is not responsible for any damage to your phone that may be caused by usage of this app or by deficient kernel images.
    And there is another version available:

v1.5.9:
    added: Auto-reboot text clickable
    added: flash verify
    added: more error messages
    fixed: bml blocksize detection on eclair

The 1.5.6 did not work on eclair - please update to 1.5.9.
    I have updated the app one more time:

v1.2.1:
    added: PDA.tar and update.zip file support
    added: choose file starts in /sdcard/sgs-kernel-flasher/
    added: lagfix detection and warning

That means you can now select any .tar or .zip that contains a zImage and the app will automatically extract and flash that zImage.
    Major break through for easy kernel flashing on i9000, Captivate, Fascinate and Vibrant- please propagate this awesome news. :)

Btw. the app is now on market.
    I currently, have KA7+Voodoo running and since I'm a noob not sure what the upgrade process is to upgrade to the latest KB1+Voodoo?

If the kernel dev does not say anything about the update process, you are supposed to flash the new kernel.

Btw: new version available:

v1.5.6:
    added: java implementation of tar
    added: proper detection of supported flashtypes (only bml, at the moment)
    added: more detailed error messages
    If you're going to flash a kernel which can also read & write ext4, you're safe. So if you want to move from speedmod to voodoo, or vice versa, there is no need to undo lagfix first. But if you want to revert to the original kernel for example, which can NOT read ext4, ext3, ext2 or jfs, then you need to undo the lagfix first and restore the rfs filesystem. If you accidentally mess up, you can always use odin to flash back your previous kernel (make sure you can access download mode). Hope this is helpful.

J.