9th June 2014, 01:30 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,291

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leocooper

Do you mean "no, kernels are device specific" or that no kernel is device specific, meaning you can use kernels made for Z2 and the Z2 tablet?

Oh grammar, kernels are device spesific aka Z2 kernel only works on Z2 and not tablet although they are almost the same on the inside

Time to update the thread thanks for pointing that out

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

10th June 2014, 06:26 PM |#12  
Flag Ormond Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 105

Donate to Me
More
Great guides! Thank you so much for doing this
11th June 2014, 10:14 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

All you need to know about Owning a Z2

Great info! Reckon you could also add, like, a section with obscure/hidden general productivity tips for the phone as well?

For example:
  • If you press and hold the right-hand side of the notification bar, it will change to quick settings allowing you to then swipe down for the quick settings.
  • From the home page, if you swipe from the very edge of a side of the screen, you can scroll 2 pages at once.
  • Etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to PulpDood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PulpDood Ad-Free
11th June 2014, 11:51 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Imagination

Donate to Me
More
@PulpDood

If you could write a post here with a list of secret features ill add to the index of the thread

Here is one for you
Press the page indicators to quickly scroll across pages in your home screen

Thanks if you do, credits to you

Edit-ill do later

12th June 2014, 11:46 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Screen rotation
Not sure if this is for on here or not but is it possible to have the screen rotation for the stock launcher on all the time and not just when a magnetic charger is connected? (I know other launchers are available)
12th June 2014, 11:53 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Imagination

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionisbad

Not sure if this is for on here or not but is it possible to have the screen rotation for the stock launcher on all the time and not just when a magnetic charger is connected? (I know other launchers are available)

It seems there is a bug when you force rotate however ive found a soution. The problem is that you need root

You need to download and install
Xposed installer
Xperia rotation and multiline lables (this is the module name btw)
Gravity box(KK) can be used to rotate the lockscreen of which this require xposed too

Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Envious_Data Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 01:14 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

It seems there is a bug when you force rotate however ive found a soution. The problem is that you need root

You need to download and install
Xposed installer
Xperia rotation and multiline lables (this is the module name btw)
Gravity box(KK) can be used to rotate the lockscreen of which this require xposed too

Hope this helps

Thanks, disappointing I have to root. I like to use stock for a while before I start to tamper with it

Actually thought I wouldn't need to root this as all I used root for was greenify but stamina mode seems to have better results.

Edit - found an app seems to work https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otationmanager

Thanks again
12th June 2014, 11:18 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
I have already spammed the thanks button for you mate in this thread but your great simple guide now has my bootloader unlocked & rooted & booted as they say

Does yourself or anyone else knowa good app to edit the DPI to a setting that wont cause issues with play store or apps or games or what would be the best setting to use for editing the build prop file? I know the default is about 480 Previous device was galaxy s3 which by default was 320 but I always changed it to 240 or 245.
13th June 2014, 12:39 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Imagination

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBaby

I have already spammed the thanks button for you mate in this thread but your great simple guide now has my bootloader unlocked & rooted & booted as they say

Does yourself or anyone else knowa good app to edit the DPI to a setting that wont cause issues with play store or apps or games or what would be the best setting to use for editing the build prop file? I know the default is about 480 Previous device was galaxy s3 which by default was 320 but I always changed it to 240 or 245.

I usualy use xplore, you have to enable superuser in the settings but the app is functional enough for file management

Default DPI is 480, some people said 460 n stuff like that is a nicer dpi to use, hvnt realy tried my self

Edit- you also have to give credit to the ppl who wrote the other threads who i liked here :P

13th June 2014, 10:16 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Of course mate, credits to all that wrote the info in your links, I just found the way you laid your guide out was much easier to follow, the thanks to yourself was collecting all the info in one handy thread
14th June 2014, 09:03 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Unlcoking bootloader
Does unlocking the bootloader wipe data? Eg. apps, apps data and/or internal SD card??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)