Thanks Meter: 90

By nikhil4186, Senior Member on 2nd May 2011, 01:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st May 2011, 02:15 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 371

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil4186

if you have fast internet then use pc suite.

i have 256kbps broadband & get speeds around 35-45 kbps...but plzzz answer me asking 3rd time...will this update needs the phone(stock) to be rooted???

21st May 2011, 03:38 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manipal, Karnataka

More
phone can be in any state man, rooted, stock, even half bricked.
21st May 2011, 10:27 PM |#23  

More
Quote:

phone can be in any state man, rooted, stock, even half bricked.

thanxxx buddy...now i will update it asap after i buy it next month..
22nd May 2011, 06:11 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manipal, Karnataka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaani

thanxxx buddy...now i will update it asap after i buy it next month..

damn, you don't even have the phone! what was the nagging all about? lol
The Following User Says Thank You to nikhil4186 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nikhil4186 Ad-Free
22nd May 2011, 08:56 PM |#25  

More
Quote:

damn, you don't even have the phone! what was the nagging all about? lol

Dont mind friend..i was about to buy the phone few weeks back but something unwanted happened thats y plan got postponed BUT i think its nothing bad know earlier about things which you dont know (android) at all..May be this will help to customise & reduce risk of doing anything wrong in its new days.. hope i havnt disturbed u with my (???..)
17th June 2011, 09:17 AM |#26  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Excuse me... but here is wat all i hav done to my phone! Unrooted my phone 2.2.2 with gingerbreak, installed custom recovery clock work mod, then i deleted all the those useless apps from LG, then i flashed caverman kernel for the lag fix! so doin all this, if i want to return to how my phone used to be, cud i do the procedure mentioned in the begining of this post??? or is there any other easier way if i want to roll back allllll the changes i hav done to my phone, just so tat i cud update it to the Never-gonna-come-gingerbread update!!! oh and thanks a lotttt in advance!
17th June 2011, 09:22 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 261

More
You will just need to unroot via ginger break and you will be ready for official update via official tools.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
19th June 2011, 12:51 AM |#28  
Flag Glendale
Thanks Meter: 230

Donate to Me
More
So far, KDZ has done nothing for me except for brick two phones. I've followed your instructions implicitly and they ultimately failed, resulting in a phone that would not turn on. About six months ago, when I first got an Optimus, I had attempted to install Clockwork Mod using Rom Manager, and the result was a phone that would only boot into recovery mode with the three button combo, else it would just end up in an eternal boot loop.
Someone on another forum recommended using KDZ to flash the official firmware (V10C I think at the time) and the result back then was the same. KDZ crashed halfway through the process and the phone would no longer turn on.
I've read conflicting information on this, stating that KDZ will only work on Windows XP 32 bit w/ service pack 3 (which I had at the time I attempted to flash six months ago) and that it should run on any version of Windows. I was running KDZ from Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit this last time.
All in all, I would not recommend KDZ to anyone except someone who has already bricked their phone and is just using it as a last ditch effort to regain functionality. Worst case scenario, it should **** the phone up enough that your cell phone provider won't be able to figure out what you did to the phone. That's what I'm hoping, otherwise T-mobile will be tacking an extra $300 onto my phone bill next month.
23rd June 2011, 08:41 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manipal, Karnataka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N00b-un-2

So far, KDZ has done nothing for me except for brick two phones. I've followed your instructions implicitly and they ultimately failed, resulting in a phone that would not turn on. About six months ago, when I first got an Optimus, I had attempted to install Clockwork Mod using Rom Manager, and the result was a phone that would only boot into recovery mode with the three button combo, else it would just end up in an eternal boot loop.
Someone on another forum recommended using KDZ to flash the official firmware (V10C I think at the time) and the result back then was the same. KDZ crashed halfway through the process and the phone would no longer turn on.
I've read conflicting information on this, stating that KDZ will only work on Windows XP 32 bit w/ service pack 3 (which I had at the time I attempted to flash six months ago) and that it should run on any version of Windows. I was running KDZ from Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit this last time.
All in all, I would not recommend KDZ to anyone except someone who has already bricked their phone and is just using it as a last ditch effort to regain functionality. Worst case scenario, it should **** the phone up enough that your cell phone provider won't be able to figure out what you did to the phone. That's what I'm hoping, otherwise T-mobile will be tacking an extra $300 onto my phone bill next month.

umm.. hello this tutorial is for p500 only. Not for p509
Me and many others have installed official firmware using kdz.
Kdz was the only way to install cfw on p500 with ofw 2.2.1 and above before the arrival of gingerbreak.
23rd June 2011, 10:12 PM |#30  
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I have used KDZ updater on my old gt540 many many times and on my O1 now for several times.Only windows vista gave my problems. You can always test it by "read phone info" first. If it works fine, the update will go fine as well.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr.Alani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dr.Alani Ad-Free
25th June 2011, 12:43 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 140

Donate to Me
More
Nice guide, this is exactly what i was looking for.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)