[17.11.2012][PORT] Opera Mobile 10 for WP7 - FullUnlock/Root Tools Unlock

1,478 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,048

By ultrashot, Inactive Recognized Developer on 25th December 2011, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2011, 10:48 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
i hav einstalled it but when i want to type an adress to the url bar only the numeric keyboard apears.
26th December 2011, 11:11 AM |#12  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
St.Petersburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfngthdragnlrd

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like only Opera Mobile 9.7 had Multi-Touch support.

Yes, this statement is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livven

Great job! Can't test it, because my HD2 isn't fully unlocked, but I'll write it up on the portal (as I did with your Opera Mini port).

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imotz

i hav einstalled it but when i want to type an adress to the url bar only the numeric keyboard apears.

Strange because neither Opera itself nor I can control keyboard mode. Probably keyboard behaviour got mixed with other apps.

Interesting fact: if you like to see keyboard built in Opera, set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera10\Keyboard\UseNa tiveInput to 0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ultrashot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ultrashot Ad-Free
26th December 2011, 11:14 AM |#13  

More
Works flawlessly on my HTC HD7, running NextGen ROM.
Great job!

Is it possible to apply your technique to any WM exe, or did you write a special wrapper specifically designed for Opera?
26th December 2011, 11:18 AM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrashot

Yes, this statement is correct.

Thanks!

Strange because neither Opera itself nor I can control keyboard mode. Probably keyboard behaviour got mixed with other apps.

Interesting fact: if you like to see keyboard built in Opera, set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera10\Keyboard\UseNa tiveInput to 0

i have startet opera directly after unlocking the lockscreen, maybee the numeric keyboard was selectet because of this.

after starting an other app and using the normal keyboard the normal keyboard wil also apear in opera mobile
26th December 2011, 12:58 PM |#15  
St.Petersburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy70

Works flawlessly on my HTC HD7, running NextGen ROM.
Great job!

Is it possible to apply your technique to any WM exe, or did you write a special wrapper specifically designed for Opera?

50/50. Some code parts are universal, some not.

Problem is that more apps we port, more apis we should emulate. Some WM6 apis were deprecated in CE7/WP7. For example, Opera Mini was working almost out of the box - I had to fix not so many things. At the same time Opera Mobile required creating an emulation layer for Connection Manager APIs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ultrashot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ultrashot Ad-Free
26th December 2011, 05:21 PM |#16  
Flag Usti nad Labem
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Post rotation
Why Autorotation doesnt work ? Will someone fix it ?

Thanks for info.
26th December 2011, 06:03 PM |#17  
St.Petersburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek1

Why Autorotation doesnt work ? Will someone fix it ?

Thanks for info.

Have you read the first post?
The Following User Says Thank You to ultrashot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ultrashot Ad-Free
26th December 2011, 06:36 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
big thanks :)
Thank you, ultrashot, Opera Mobile 10 works really, really great (ok, no multitouch and no landscape, but I knew that before and I don't care much about that). I don't know how different porting Opera Mobile is compared to Opera Mini, but I tried both and Opera Mobile works much better for me. When I closed Opera Mini, the whole system was very sluggish until the next reboot, i.e. scrolling through the app list. But I have no problem with Opera Mobile, it works flawless, just like a native WP7 application.
26th December 2011, 06:55 PM |#19  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,293

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up great work ultrashot
just wanted to say that you did a great jop again
The Following User Says Thank You to ceesheim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ceesheim Ad-Free
26th December 2011, 07:29 PM |#20  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 494

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrashot

50/50. Some code parts are universal, some not.

Problem is that more apps we port, more apis we should emulate. Some WM6 apis were deprecated in CE7/WP7. For example, Opera Mini was working almost out of the box - I had to fix not so many things. At the same time Opera Mobile required creating an emulation layer for Connection Manager APIs.

So long term, if the hard work was put in, it would potentially be possible to create a WM6 emulation layer, akin to Wine on Linux? ....
26th December 2011, 07:40 PM |#21  
St.Petersburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza9075

So long term, if the hard work was put in, it would potentially be possible to create a WM6 emulation layer, akin to Wine on Linux? ....

Generally, yes, but just like wine, it won't support everything.

One interesting fact about native apps porting: not fullscreen windows get scaled up to fullscreen size. It is one of limitations... we can work it around I think.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
opera mobile, port, unofficial, windows phone 7, wp7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)