Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2011, 07:40 PM |#21  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 2,048

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza9075

So long term, if the hard work was put in, it would potentially be possible to create a WM6 emulation layer, akin to Wine on Linux? ....

Generally, yes, but just like wine, it won't support everything.

One interesting fact about native apps porting: not fullscreen windows get scaled up to fullscreen size. It is one of limitations... we can work it around I think.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ultrashot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ultrashot Ad-Free
26th December 2011, 09:14 PM |#22  
Flag Usti nad Labem
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Originally Posted by ultrashot

Have you read the first post?

yes, red.
But can someone add some button for rotation?
or
Let run Opera not in native code ?

Thanks for info.
26th December 2011, 11:32 PM |#23  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 494

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek1

yes, red.
But can someone add some button for rotation?
or
Let run Opera not in native code ?

Thanks for info.

Its a WM program, i believe WP has a completely different set of APIs available, you cant make Opera 10 work on WP without using an emulator unless you rewrite and compile it for WP

Im going to hazzard a guess and say that perhaps screen rotation isnt working because the needed WM APIs dont exist on WP meaning the emulator would need updating, which probably isnt very easy.

Opera aside, i get the feeling this could be something very big!
26th December 2011, 11:35 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
other ports?
Now since Opera Mobile works so good on WP7, though it's not even open source, I wonder if it's easier to port open source applications, like ScummVM or PocketDjvu? ScummVM runs on more than 20 different platforms, but unfortunately not on WP7. It certainly doesn't use the registry, since it's just a zipfile for Windows and Windows Mobile.
PocketDjvu runs on Windows Mobile solely, but the cab only has 412 kb and the installed program consists of a single .exe file with 1,06 MB (In case of PocketDjVu, I'm not sure about registry keys needed, but I couldn't find any, it seems to run "portable", too). Just asking, because for me these are the only two useful programs with no pendant on WP7.
27th December 2011, 02:34 AM |#25  
Flag Trenton
Thanks Meter: 455

Donate to Me
More
Question
hay can i use this on htc hd2 running bffv2 ?

if so how?

im getting error check unlock state?
27th December 2011, 02:39 AM |#26  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 415

More
Anyone has a video to show how it works?
27th December 2011, 02:41 AM |#27  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 226

Donate to Me
More
Opera for "normal"-unlocked devices
First of i want to say thanks for getting to this special Opera moment. Great! Really appreciate your job.

I see in you code that you call "CreateProcess(Opera10-armv4i.exe, 0, out result, out handle);" and that specific method can only be executed on unlocked (policy free systems), preventing me as "normal" user not to run, and get "INVALID_EXE_SIGNATURE" (not errorcode "0" as of S_OK, that you want).

I do see that the exe is not recompiled (Opera10-armv4i.exe) (build date: Mars 17 2010), due it has a MS code signing. But that's not important.

From what i see that can be done, is to invoke "exe entrypoint" from DllImport caller, like this: ASMNativeMethods.Create<Action>("Opera10-armv4i.exe", "start (need more reverse engineering here)")();

To get this to work, the only hope is from within Opera itself, not requiring to "advanced dependencies" (like opening file here, there, everywhere) (file policy). Altho this can be configured in config.

The launch-layout probably would look like this:
- Taskhost.exe app://{guid} (WP7 C# entrypoint)
- Loaded += ASMNativeMethods.Create<Action>("Opera10-armv4i.exe", "start")();
Thats it.

Willing to cooperate?
27th December 2011, 05:21 AM |#28  
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 44

More
the latest version is not working properly....whenever i try to open any web....it shows " could not connect to remote server" but i have a strong WiFI and Network connection.....my other browsers are working fine in the same time.

can you please check.

thanks
27th December 2011, 06:16 AM |#29  
Minsk
Thanks Meter: 840

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiinix

...and that specific method can only be executed on unlocked (policy free systems), preventing me as "normal" user not to run...

Heh Sure - ultra first wrote the device unlock set for his device, than he fixed Operas. So the stuff is for "normal" unlocked users
27th December 2011, 06:57 AM |#30  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 494

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrabbit72380

hay can i use this on htc hd2 running bffv2 ?

if so how?

im getting error check unlock state?

nope, xboxmod is aware and looking in to it
The Following User Says Thank You to dazza9075 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dazza9075 Ad-Free
27th December 2011, 08:19 AM |#31  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 415

More
So is this like how opera will officially released it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
opera mobile, port, unofficial, windows phone 7, wp7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)