(help) can't play mkv files?

Search This thread

Aviad

Oct 10, 2011
HI all, the problem is i can't play/hear mkv files, i tried to use: Vplayer and video was stuck, then i tried to use: mvideo player and then i coudn't hear anything, i geuss im looking for hd-audio-codec for my xoom or some player who can play mkv+sound+subtitle,
im using motorola xomm 3g, 3.1
thanks, Aviad

Isun

Nov 9, 2008
Try Dice player. It plays high bit rate .mkv files. I also noticed quality improvements after overclocking my device but that will not be necessary for Dice Player to work.

dellenrules

Mar 22, 2011
Mobo player is great on xoom.
Been using MXVideo player lately and I'm starting to like it a lot better.
Either one works great

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Kippui

Jan 1, 2011
Use dice player...

Dice player played my videos better than most other players.

Isun

Nov 9, 2008
I never got high bit rate .mkv files to play on any other player. Mobo played lower bit rate .mkv files but sometimes I'm watching 720p files on my home computer and want to continue watching on my commute so I just transfer without converting and Dice plays it.

Aviad

Oct 10, 2011
Hi, r u useing MKV files with this player and everything is ok? it looks like very nice player im trying it but i think the video is no perfect as i want it to be... now i can play subs+mkv+sound but sometimes the video and the sound are not perfectly sync

Isun

Nov 9, 2008
Hi, r u useing MKV files with this player and everything is ok? it looks like very nice player im trying it but i think the video is no perfect as i want it to be... now i can play subs+mkv+sound but sometimes the video and the sound are not perfectly sync

In the market you will see that there is a Dice Player plug in for Tegra 2 devices. Install that as well. They should be on the same page.

Here it is:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.inisoft.mediaplayer.tegra2

dellenrules

Mar 22, 2011

I ran into issues like this with some HIGH PROFILE MKV files while running dice player.
MX Player plays those files for me with ease.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium