Un-intentional brick??

Search This thread

dpeti

Nov 7, 2009
:crying:
Hello there!

I have a really serious problem with my TF300T. I had the newest bootloader installed with 4.4 enabled TWRP recovery. I had the 2014.01.07. CM 11 nightly installed and was running fine. I have seen, that there are some never releases so decided to update. I downloaded the newest nightly yesterday and pressed power button. Selected reboot and then selected Recovery.
And here comes the problem!
The tablet bricked himself! It did restart but got into a bootloop I cannot get through the Asus splashscreen. I tried POWER+VOLD DOWN, I cannot get into fastboot or recovery. The tablet keep rebooting, no boot to android either. I tried power off, no success. I tried the reset button. I removed battery, still the same.

As I have never done anything to the bootloader, I did not consider making NVFLASH backup, as it is a risky operation. Shame on me...

How could it happen????? Does cyanogenmod alter Bootloader partition to reboot into recovery??? What the hell??

Please help me somehow! I dont know what to do, I tried all I could! Maybe APX? or only Asus RMA??

yours,

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
:crying:
Hello there!

I have a really serious problem with my TF300T. I had the newest bootloader installed with 4.4 enabled TWRP recovery. I had the 2014.01.07. CM 11 nightly installed and was running fine. I have seen, that there are some never releases so decided to update. I downloaded the newest nightly yesterday and pressed power button. Selected reboot and then selected Recovery.
And here comes the problem!
The tablet bricked himself! It did restart but got into a bootloop I cannot get through the Asus splashscreen. I tried POWER+VOLD DOWN, I cannot get into fastboot or recovery. The tablet keep rebooting, no boot to android either. I tried power off, no success. I tried the reset button. I removed battery, still the same.

As I have never done anything to the bootloader, I did not consider making NVFLASH backup, as it is a risky operation. Shame on me...

How could it happen????? Does cyanogenmod alter Bootloader partition to reboot into recovery??? What the hell??

Please help me somehow! I dont know what to do, I tried all I could! Maybe APX? or only Asus RMA??

yours,

No, sorry, you won't be able to use APX mode without have making the NvFlash backups beforehand.

Top Liked Posts