{Official thread} New lockscreen.. Questions?

Search This thread

ownjoouk

Apr 23, 2009
Blackpool
ownjoouk.blogspot.com
Excellent! I actually was using your rom for a few days cloverfield, it's really nice, but the reason I stopped was due to no stericsson lockscreen. If you can make it happen, I'll be back to using your rom! Although that being said I'm loving the x10 look at the minute. I used meta morph over the top of you rom for a bit.

R

r3s-rt

You deserve a job for this, Stericson. Lol. This just blows away the default lockscreen. I never use a ROM/theme without this. :)

Stericson

Retired Senior Mod / Retired Senior RD
Nov 10, 2008
Thanks, if it wasnt such a pain to do I would have kept it updated...but everytime a new rom version came out I had to make it work again and it was holding me back in the long run....

Sigh I'd love to actually finish it one day... I was going to finish the music screen and add some more neat features...

Alas, I hear rumours of someone making another lockscreen similiar to how I made mine. :)

you are correct mang!

but as of right now, it's for super d and it's not released yet...

looks good but boo. I and many others would like it for cm builds.

speaking of which, cyanogen is about to update g1/magic to cm 5. what does the lockscreen look like on that? will it have music controls and what not?

this one is fancy and my favorite. just couldn't get it to work with recent build of cm. that and i really haven't had time to work on anything lately...

R

r3s-rt

Thanks, if it wasnt such a pain to do I would have kept it updated...but everytime a new rom version came out I had to make it work again and it was holding me back in the long run....

Sigh I'd love to actually finish it one day... I was going to finish the music screen and add some more neat features...

Alas, I hear rumours of someone making another lockscreen similiar to how I made mine. :)

I understand, that's A LOT of work. Especially if people actually saw you updated it regularly... They'd ask for it for every version of every ROM. T.T At least theme devs update it. I can't use a theme without it.

And I'm sure everyone would like to see you finish it. :p Although, I never really use the music controls. Actually... never have. :p However, the ICE screen & battery? 'Mazin! And I've seen Ben's new lockscreen. Doesn't really appeal to me. Main thing I like this for is the ICE screen.... and it's not so plain. WTF were Android devs thinking when they made that lame ass lockscreen?

bunu

Nov 25, 2009

You are right. There is a little boy on twitter. He is working on a lockscreen but is now waiting to finish it after Cyanogen releases the public beta for CM 5 for the g1/mt3g (HINT: HE HELPED MADE THE THEME DARKSTAR AND ELEGENCE)

das_coach

Apr 28, 2010
first of all: thx for this great piece of software=)
i found a (small?) bug in lockscreen:
it always says 'charging' in the battery tab on my cyanogenmod 4.2.15.1 on a vodafone magic (set to german)...greetz from germany,

das_coach

PS: if you need further information just send me a pm or something=) and you should move the unlock-text a bit higher, it's not completely visible in german because it's a too long phrase=)

PPS: sry for my bad english^^

EDIT: if it's not a lockscreen bug but a cm bug, tell me that, too, so i can send this to cyanogen=)

maddoggin

Jul 6, 2010
corpus christ
Stericson lockscreen

this might be a stupid question but is there any way to use this lockscreen for the samsung moment? please! if theres any way to use this on the moment can someone help me out! thanks! and thank you stericson for all you do for android wish we had you on the moment team that would be awesome!

Hayzie

Dec 27, 2009
Ahh, the good ol' days of using this lockscreen on my now-gone G1.

I read months ago that an Eclair version was in the works and I followed a little bit on it but then got out of touch. I don't know the progress or satus of it now.

It was the most stable and simple lockscreen.