[ROM][W/23016] Gardeners-2DManila 2.0.19191432.04 [Updated 01/03/10]

Search This thread

RxenDrav

Feb 14, 2008
BBBangi UKM
@illconcepts

any chance to flash your Awesome Rom WM6.5 Build 23047 w/o using SD card?
I dont have small capasity one. just have 8GB..

thanks

tonyc0642

Aug 18, 2008
Keizer, Oregon

RxenDrav

Feb 14, 2008
BBBangi UKM
very nice ROM..i like the new M2D. thanks. i bought a new MicroSD 256MB with just $1.5/5myr... thanks everyone...:)
enjow the wing

Last edited:

enyce5434

Dec 17, 2008
any word on this rom and if the bugs will be fix?
thanks

WM6.1 Build 21054 <---------- Download

*64.45 Storage 23.25 Ram
*Enlarged Start Menu
*Black.tsk

Bugs:
*Launcher Tab doesn't scroll and can't add programs
*Settings Tab nothing Launches
*Internet Tab doesn't launch browser

illconcepts

Oct 22, 2008
Phoenix
any word on this rom and if the bugs will be fix?
thanks

WM6.1 Build 21054 <---------- Download

*64.45 Storage 23.25 Ram
*Enlarged Start Menu
*Black.tsk

Bugs:
*Launcher Tab doesn't scroll and can't add programs
*Settings Tab nothing Launches
*Internet Tab doesn't launch browser

I haven't worked on any ROMs lately but i have been meaning to fix the 6.1 Version. It will have more storage and RAM too :D

enyce5434

Dec 17, 2008
yayyyy:D....sounds great..thanks can u make a rom like this..hopefully u can see the upload..thanks..i like the weather inside...

enyce5434

Dec 17, 2008
here is a preview..thanks

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 60

enyce5434

Dec 17, 2008
..yes u should make one like that..it will be a nice rom...but keep the weather in front too.Man i wish i knew how to make a rom..lol :confused:

gx22

Oct 25, 2008
Battery meter (Powerexe) and Calculator are missing. Please add it back in the next release. Thanks.

RobertW

Jul 4, 2007
Groningen
Thanks a lot illconcepts. The 21047 ROM I just flashed looks great. Unfortunately however I found 2 issues which spoil the fun a bit. The lack of a comm manager and the temperature being displayed in Fahrenheit.

I tried the comm man sambalbij suggested (thanks for that man), but I keep fiddling with it. It would be wonderful if you saw fit to add a comm manager (12 options) with this ROM. I flashed the ROM in 15 minutes flat and have been struggling wth comm manager for 2 hours, seems a pity :rolleyes:.

Anyone else have the Fahrenheit/Celsius issue with the 23047 ROM btw ?

Or would flashing ROM 23016 fix these issues and wouldn't I need to pester illconcepts with it ?

In any case, thanks for the ROM and your efforts Illconcepts.

Robert

illconcepts

Oct 22, 2008
Phoenix
Thanks a lot illconcepts. The 21047 ROM I just flashed looks great. Unfortunately however I found 2 issues which spoil the fun a bit. The lack of a comm manager and the temperature being displayed in Fahrenheit.

I tried the comm man sambalbij suggested (thanks for that man), but I keep fiddling with it. It would be wonderful if you saw fit to add a comm manager (12 options) with this ROM. I flashed the ROM in 15 minutes flat and have been struggling wth comm manager for 2 hours, seems a pity :rolleyes:.

Anyone else have the Fahrenheit/Celsius issue with the 23047 ROM btw ?

Or would flashing ROM 23016 fix these issues and wouldn't I need to pester illconcepts with it ?

In any case, thanks for the ROM and your efforts Illconcepts.

Robert

I left Comm out to save as much space as possible but i can include one in the next release. You can't change the temp in the weather settings?

Glad your enjoying it though!

RobertW

Jul 4, 2007
Groningen
Hey Illc,

Thanks for the reply. I had played with changeing the temp settings from F to C, allways with the same result, i.e. remaining on F. Until I thought of tapping on Celsius when set to Fahrenheit. Seems that the settings buttons show the opposite of the actual setting. So, when set to Fahrenheit, I was expecting the Fahrenheit setting to show. Instead it showed Celsius. Tapping on Celsius then changes the temp setting to Celsius, changeing the settings button to Fahrenheit ! :eek: So, problem solved, thanks.

Remains the comm manager. I found one (HTC CommManager 2.9.5.0 POLARIS WiFi) that almost works, but it has one issue. I can switch WiFi on, but I cannot switch it off anymore. So that's not optimal. It would be great if you could add a comm manager with the next version.

And do you think you could perhaps add a few backgrounds to choose from, or am I overasking now ? It's just I get a little colorblind with the current one :D.

Thanks for the efforts in any case,

Robert

mdneilson

Sep 3, 2007
MN, USA
The new lock screen doesn't work. It seems to lock the buttons, but not the screen, and the display doesn't change. Just installed today.

theronw68

Jul 6, 2009
Casselberry, FL
call volume issue

I have tried the tweaks in the important links thread and still have no luck adjusting the in call volume. It remains the same whether i turn it all the way up or down. Are there any other regedits that can be done to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Theron

doug3673

May 13, 2007
Toronto
I switched from Ill's Empty Manilla ROM to the Gardeners 2D 23041 (there is no link to 23047??) last night. One the surface it seems way more stable than Empty Manilla was. I don't get the device.exe issues I had with the other ROM. Other than me not liking the puffy round soft keys at the bottom (so ugly), I'm having a major major problem with this ROM.... the BATTERY WON'T CHARGE.

I have an unbranded HTC Herald, not a Wing, so I don't know if that matters. The phone works beautifully when it has a battery with charge in it. But I left my phone in it's cradle ALL NIGHT and woke up looking at a red battery bar in S2U2. The phone was connected, ActiveSync was working. The orange charging LED was on, but the battery is completely drained. Right now I have it plugged into my computer with USB and the phone will not even turn on because there's nothing left in the battery.

Is there a registry setting I can change or something to get the phone to charge the battery?? Has anyoen else using this ROM notice this huge problem? I need to be able to have my phone charge itself when plugged in. Please Help. I don't want to have to switch to another ROM again. I just want the phone to be stable.

RobertW

Jul 4, 2007
Groningen
Hey Doug,

I've been using the 23047 version of this ROM for over a week now and have had no issues with battery loading at all. If anything the battery life is incredible with this ROM ! So I think you may want to try and download the 23047 version and flash that.

Also, it may very well be that the battery has died on you or that the USB socket on you Herald is damaged or dirty perhaps, since it fails to load in the cradle, even if the light is on and active synch is working, because the load contact is a different one than for data transmission. You say the orange led is indicating that the device seems to be loading, but what does the battery icon on the taskbar show, is it loading there as well ?

Have you tried loading the battery with the wall socket cable, to eliminate a defect in the cradle ?

I would also suggest uninstalling S2U2, at least for test purposes, for in my experience this may mess up a ROM.

Finally, there is a setting which instructs USB not to load the battery when on Active Synch, as this is supposed to prolong the battery's life. Perhaps this function is switched on in your ROM version, but Illconcepts may be able to answer that one. If so, all the more reason to flash 23047 :p

HtH

Robert

Last edited:

doug3673

May 13, 2007
Toronto
Hey Doug,

I've been using the 23047 version of this ROM for over a week now and have had no issues with battery loading at all. If anything the battery life is incredible with this ROM ! So I think you may want to try and download the 23047 version and flash that.

Also, it may very well be that the battery has died on you or that the USB socket on you Herald is damaged or dirty perhaps, since it fails to load in the cradle, even if the light is on and active synch is working, because the load contact is a different one than for data transmission. You say the orange led is indicating that the device seems to be loading, but what does the battery icon on the taskbar show, is it loading there as well ?

Have you tried loading the battery with the wall socket cable, to eliminate a defect in the cradle ?

I would also suggest uninstalling S2U2, at least for test purposes, for in my experience this may mess up a ROM.

Finally, there is a setting which instructs USB not to load the battery when on Active Synch, as this is supposed to prolong the battery's life. Perhaps this function is switched on in your ROM version, but Illconcepts may be able to answer that one. If so, all the more reason to flash 23047 :p

HtH

Robert

Trust me... it's not a hardware issue. I switched ROMS out of frustration with this one and instantly my phone charges perfectly, the way it always did. Are you on an unbranded Herald like me, or a Wing? After switching to Ace's numb3rs 6.5 and installing Manilla on my own, my phone is exactly the way I wanted it... a stable build of WM6.5 running Manilla. I'm probably 8 or 9MB short on Program Memory tacking on Manilla instead of using a ROM with Manilla cooked in, but it's all working and that's all I really wanted. When FingerMe 0.5 is finally released I'll try that one out if the low memory ever becomes an issue.

I tried out both of Ill's WM 6.5 Manilla ROMS but both had unacceptable instability on my phone. Maybe they work fine for other people... but for me I was having really strange issues. Empty Manilla would max out my device.exe CPU usage and the phoen came to a grinding halt. Then Gardeners worked great but would never allow me to charge the phone unless it was powered off completely. Really weird.