zagg glass screen protector

Search This thread

fade2green514

Mar 21, 2011
I just got a zagg glass screen protector put on at Verizon today. I like it. It's got adhesive only around the edges so I think it leaves a bit of air under the glass? But I haven't had any touch issues. It works really well.

I had a Spigen neoflex one before that cost about 4 bucks per protector on Amazon ( orange peel wet app) and they were only ok for that type of screen protector.

One thing to note is, I'm not sure if the Verizon rep that put it on the phone for me cleaned the screen well enough because there seems to be a small grease bubble right on the keyboard. It doesn't bother me much because it didn't affect anything yet, but might get in the way while watching videos.

Oh this thing was 37.50 after my discount. But if it breaks zagg replaces it for as long as I own this phone. So that's good.

Reactions: felloffthetruck

mastaofdacat

Feb 3, 2012
I got mine today also. My nerves kicked in as I purchased it because what I read about curve screen tempered glass protectors. I like it so far and no case problems. Feels alittle loose or sense of some gap from glass to phone but you get used to it. So far nice!

fade2green514

Mar 21, 2011
It collects dust around the edges and it definitely has one piece of dust under it which I'm hesitant to use the adhesive dust stickers to remove because it's curve glass

But, nothing that isn't normal for pretty much all screen protectors. Worth the protection, and warranty

fade2green514

Mar 21, 2011
Yea the glue is kind of weak and it's prone to dust buildup....

However because of this I found it's easily removable by sliding your fingernail under one long end and then just lift it. I kept the easy applicator and so I can (carefully) clean it under soapy water and dry it.

Don't bother to dry with any type of paper towel though as the lint will stick to the adhesive.

Probably going to reach out to zagg about a warranty or some kind of solution so I don't have to keep removing and cleaning it. But overall better than other screen protectors so far

Also another detail, this protector has no problem with the spigen neo hybrid

Last edited:
Well I got the Zagg screen protector also on the day I got my S8+. I have had the phone almost 3 weeks now. I had the phone less than a week before I had issues with the screen protector. I use Samsung's fast wireless charging stand to charge my phone overnight while I am asleep. I woke up and found that the screen protector completely came off of my phone overnight. I know that Zagg has an excellent warranty etc but what should I do? What I'm trying to avoid is a long line of replacements at $5 shipping per replacement for the same thing to keep going on. I watched the rep in the store thoroughly clean my phone and did an excellent job of applying it for it to have been anything that he did wrong. Any suggestions??? Is this an ongoing issue?
CodeGunnerDevelopment

I purchased this also a week ago when I got my 8+. I was worried about it after all the ones I tried on my S7 that failed. However this one is nice, been on a week with no issues of lifting off. Works well with the Tech 21 case I got also.

Just a little update on this, I have had to take the Glass Curve Protector off 3 times so far to get dust out from between it and the phone screen and due to that I have a replacement coming. It does come off and go back on nicely, still sticks good but has dust particles again. Also the glue around the edges is looking awful dusty and ugly. I am getting the Zagg Sapphire Defense Curve as the replacement and going to give it a try.

mastaofdacat

Feb 3, 2012
Yes update . Ok sorta bad news . About two weeks ( had it on for a month ) I dropped my phone and screen protector popped off. No damage but did get little dirty . Pushed it back on .Stayed on pretty good ... Until last night . Dropped my phone on the ground again in the dark,no damage again . Woke up,at work and realized my screen protector was gone. Who knows where it is right now (on the floor by my bed ) but I'm buying a different protector after work . Not tempared !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got a zagg glass screen protector put on at Verizon today. I like it. It's got adhesive only around the edges so I think it leaves a bit of air under the glass? But I haven't had any touch issues. It works really well.

I had a Spigen neoflex one before that cost about 4 bucks per protector on Amazon ( orange peel wet app) and they were only ok for that type of screen protector.

One thing to note is, I'm not sure if the Verizon rep that put it on the phone for me cleaned the screen well enough because there seems to be a small grease bubble right on the keyboard. It doesn't bother me much because it didn't affect anything yet, but might get in the way while watching videos.

Oh this thing was 37.50 after my discount. But if it breaks zagg replaces it for as long as I own this phone. So that's good.