[ROM][SGH-I317 / t0lteatt][KK][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 official nightlies

Search This thread

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Is this the best aosp rom?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

There is no best - it's purely subjective.
The Devs work hard to bring us a terrific variety of Roms - Find a style to your liking & Give it a try.
If you're in a position, to support the work that the Devs put into their Roms, show your appreciation & buy them a coffee - Everyone appreciates that ;)

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Avgsmoe

Jul 20, 2011
Seattle
I can't seem to find the option to change the color scheme. On 10.1 I believe there were 3 options, natural, cinema and standard. Can some one tell me where I can find this option or is it not there anymore?

jobankler

Feb 13, 2011
Currently on 4.2 and saw 10.2 in my CM update list. Can we go straight to 4.3 from 4.2 with that? New recovery required? Fresh install required?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Currently on 4.2 and saw 10.2 in my CM update list. Can we go straight to 4.3 from 4.2 with that? New recovery required? Fresh install required?

Yous pays your money - yous takes yo chances. At the very least System and Caches & you'll probably be ok... Probably.

Since there's a bunch of changes under the hood - I'd probably Factory Reset - Wipe System - Wipe Cache - Wipe Dalvik
Flash Rom & 20130813 Gapps

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I'm curious about this too because I dirty flashed and it was a cluster. I'll redownload later and try again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

You're on 2.6.0.3 TWRP? Did you check off the Compressed backup, or Encryption?

balla786

May 13, 2008
Montreal
So I'm downloading gapps for 4.3
The file md5 doesn't seem to match what's on the page.

http://goo.im/gapps

Lists the MD5 as: f3d2ab4dc314a11e6c2bcb69e681b4b4

The file I downloaded shows MD5 as: CDB034582C73C6B526B1DD646989A641

Anyone else getting that?

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
I'm finding that I'm occasionally having issues with the screen redraw stopping for certain parts of the screen/UI from time to time.

balla786

May 13, 2008
Montreal

Read this:

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/7...d/#entry402538

If you DON'T use the Google Apps addon (gapps), just use the built-in updater located under Settings -> About Phone -> CyanogenMod Updates.

If you DO use gapps, it is recommended you apply the update manually in recovery, because you need to flash an updated gapps package. Google made the Android 4.2 gapps incompatible with Android 4.3, so if you do the normal update, you will lose all your Google support. To update it manually, download CM 10.2 from http://get.cm and the latest gapps for Android 4.3 from http://goo.im/gapps (as of this writing it is the 20130813 zip). Then reboot into recovery and install CM first, then the gapps zip. After that, reboot. There is no need to wipe anything in recovery, including cache and dalvik.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I can't seem to find the option to change the color scheme. On 10.1 I believe there were 3 options, natural, cinema and standard. Can some one tell me where I can find this option or is it not there anymore?

I'm not seeing it either. Maybe it was overlooked in the build...

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
There seems to be conflicting procedures / instructions & opinions regarding What, When & If to Wipe / Format.

Every Rom that I've seen, has a wipe /format system etc, built into the script.
That not withstanding...

In the First post by madmack - His instructions are, if coming from another Rom; "Flash CM... Flash Gapps - Do A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)".

From the cyanogenmod wiki http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_t0lte

You have these instructions;

"Select the option to wipe data/factory reset.
Select install zip from sdcard.
Select choose zip from sdcard.
Select the CyanogenMod file you placed on the sdcard. You will then need to then confirm that you do wish to flash this file.
Optional: Install any additional packages you wish using the same method.
Once the installation has finished, return back to the main menu, and select the reboot system now option. The device should now boot into CyanogenMod."

Most every Dev, in their OP gives the same instructions.

So, while performing a Factory Reset & wiping system & caches, may not be absolutely necessary - It's certainly not going to hurt anything, and only takes a little bit of extra time ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: mountainboy

Adame8

Nov 18, 2010
Texas City,TX
Is anybody having trouble opening Chrome, Youtube, and Google Music they keep force closing, and I also can't download anything for the play store

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Official CyanogenMod Wik: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/T0lte_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GSM), or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data of clock app
    - Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

Downgrading to 4.1.x ROMs:
    - After flashing your 4.1 ROM, flash the attached file to move your sdcard content out of the 0/ subfolder.

CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=t0lteatt

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#t0lteatt/cm10.1/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

cqzsTl.png
    ciPQWl.png
    Smpv0l.png

o5NZFl.png
    eAJJIl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Great friggin' news:

Yep, we did it again! Our opensource audio HAL seems to work almost fine.
    Incall earpiece, speaker, mic and bluetooth are working. A2dp works also.
    Since Google Now works properly i assume the Camcorder will be fine, too.
    Headset is working as well.

Download: cm-10.1-20130125-UNOFFICIAL-t0lte.zip
    Please test it.

Known bugs:
    - mic mute broken during calls

you got codeworkx and sbrissen to thank for kick starting this. :highfive::highfive:
    Members yet another Development Thread Cleaned of the OT/Drama/Not Needed type posts, shall we get back to development. And consider this your Warning any more of these not needed type posts, I will be passing out "treats", Thank You.

BTW how about Members attempt to fix their own problems with a little homework and searching. Instead of posting and waiting on others to come up with your solutions. Thanks
    Thanks, I just installed ForceKernel (OC TO 1,920Mhz) and then run some benchmarks and it's much slower than Perseus, I used to get in Perseus around 7,500 in Quadrant and now I get around 4,500 to 5,500, am I doing something wrong ?

NOTE: I am using SetCPU and the Governor is "pegasusq"

world is going to end because your ePenis has narrowed because of less score?
    that's damn hard.
    Please test if this fixes audio over bluetooth for you:
    cm-10.1-20130120-UNOFFICIAL-t0lte.zip