Forwarded Call Notification

Search This thread

rabbat78

Sep 13, 2008
After the test:

Samsung Galaxy s2 Gb --> not tested

Prestigio pap5500 (mediatek dual sim) --> works on both sim !! Without root (4.2.2):good:

Lg G2 --> not tested, the original rom already provides this function

Sony xpera z1 compact --> WORK!! Without root (4.3) :good:

Alcate Idol 6030d (dual sim) --> works on both sim!! (4.1.x) :good: :good: I can not give read access to the radio log with the command "cmd /k adb shell pm grant joe.forward android.permission.READ_LOGS", the root is necessary.

Thank you for testing my app

Check out the final version on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=joe.forward&hl=en

rabbat78

Sep 13, 2008
Yes,i did it, that bat command finished w/o problems, but i can't see notification.

Tapatalk + Z2

I hope you follow instructions in Help file exactly.. and don't forget to restart your mobile..
then when you receive a forwarded call from another line to your number a notification message should appear..
You can also send me a feedback email from within the app that will include additional info about your device

kinus

Aug 19, 2010
I hope you follow instructions in Help file exactly.. and don't forget to restart your mobile..
then when you receive a forwarded call from another line to your number a notification message should appear..
You can also send me a feedback email from within the app that will include additional info about your device
Could this be a fault of lte Network im connected to?
Because i did everything like you said but no luck.

Tapatalk + Z2

Sam Snow

Apr 22, 2015
FCN.bat can't find device

I followed your instructions exactly however, in the cmd box I get:

C:\Apps & tools\FCNTool>cmd /k adb shell pm grant joe.forward android.permission
.READ_LOGS
error: device not found

C:\Apps & tools\FCNTool>

I can see and access my device on the computer.
My device: Galaxy Note 3 (Android 5.0) non rooted
This app is exactly what I'm looking for, please HELP!

Thanks in Advance

Sam

rabbat78

Sep 13, 2008
I followed your instructions exactly however, in the cmd box I get:

C:\Apps & tools\FCNTool>cmd /k adb shell pm grant joe.forward android.permission
.READ_LOGS

I can see and access my device on the computer.
My device: Galaxy Note 3 (Android 5.0) non rooted
This app is exactly what I'm looking for, please HELP!

Thanks in Advance

Sam

You may have to install the appropriate drivers software (like Samsung Kies) to properly connect your mobile to the computer

Sam Snow

Apr 22, 2015
FCN.bat can't find device

You may have to install the appropriate drivers software (like Samsung Kies) to properly connect your mobile to the computer
Ok, I installed Samsung Kies and now I get this:

.READ_LOGS
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

I am I missing something?
As I've stated before I can see and access all files on the phone from the computer.
Are there any other settings on the phone that could be blocking it? Android 5.0, Note 3, At&T
I really want this to work, please guide me to the promise land! http://cdn4.xda-developers.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Sam Snow

Apr 22, 2015
Device not found

.READ_LOGS

As I've stated before I can see and access all files on the phone from the computer.
Are there any other settings on the phone that could be blocking it? Android 5.0, Note 3, At&T
I really want this to work

Android000

May 13, 2015
I have another request that could seriously enhanced its functionality.

This (great) app makes more noticeable a forwarded call, when you have the phone in your hands.
IT would be Great to find a way to see if a missed call is forwarded!
A notification message probably or
even a way to mark the forwarded call in the call logs.
Yeah. Great suggestion GreekSofos.
What if you miss the call. You should have a way to know if it is a diverted call.
@rabbat78
1) Note 3 Kitkat Rooted user here. It didn't work 1st time (no notification) despite the fact that I m rooted. Needed to run the FCtools anyway. (And I got in the PC command line a message that you leak memory or something)

2) Where is the enable/disable service switch that was present in 1.0 ? Can't find it.
How can I switch it off easily?

3) +1000 to the above suggestion to find a way to mark the forwarded calls after they ended ringing.

Useful app anyways.

rabbat78

Sep 13, 2008

.READ_LOGS

I really want this to work
"ADB device not found".. is a common problem basically caused by windows system drivers. Search the net and many solutions will be found, try the one suitable for you...

Last edited:

rabbat78

Sep 13, 2008
Yeah. Great suggestion GreekSofos.
What if you miss the call. You should have a way to know if it is a diverted call.

@rabbat78
1) Note 3 Kitkat Rooted user here. It didn't work 1st time (no notification) despite the fact that I m rooted. Needed to run the FCtools anyway. (And I got in the PC command line a message that you leak memory or something)

2) Where is the enable/disable service switch that was present in 1.0 ? Can't find it.
How can I switch it off easily?

3) +1000 to the above suggestion to find a way to mark the forwarded calls after they ended ringing.

Useful app anyways.
@Android000
Thank you for your suggestions, in fact I'm working on them..
In the upcoming version (3.0) there will be a call log for the received and missed forwarded calls, in addition to the enable/disable switch, many users requested... :)

rabbat78

Sep 13, 2008
Checkout the latest version Forwarded Call Notification V3.0:
* Enable/Disable FCN Service.
* Call Log for the forwarded calls.
* Bug fixes, and various app improvements.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=joe.forward&hl=en
Although the app is FREE, I'm trying hard to solve the forwarded calls notification problem, keep updating the app, and respond to users feedback, so your SUPPORT is highly appreciable. Give the app a GOOD rating on Google Play, and don't forget to checkout the inApp ads.
If encounter a problem please let me know about it, and I will try to solve it :)

mario_j

Jan 27, 2007
Can't get it work on Galaxy S2 with WanamLite 14.6 (based on 4.1.2 stock). After installing there's no any message about forwarded call and program starts properly. But after first forwarded call, program shows error "UNABLE TO READ LOG! Try to use FCNTool" , using fcntool doesn't help. It looks like no permissions to read log anyway. Any help, any suggestion?
I've tried to change permissions manually with terminal emulator to. Same error.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Phone is rooted, but SuperSU doesn't show FCN app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * Latest version thread: https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-forwarded-call-notification-v4-0-t3740502
    Hi everyone,
    Please..need Testers for my app: "Forwarded Call Notification"
    This application will display a **continuous** notification message when you receive a diverted (forwarded) call that you could never miss, so No more unpleasant surprises on your private line caused by missing the snappy default forwarded call notification..
    Download on Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=joe.forward
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The app needs permission to Read_Log and starting from android 4.1 this permission doesn't automatically granted so for ANDROID 4.1+ ROOT NEEDED or DOWNLOAD Tools.rar to your computer and FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS in Help.txt to grant this permission to the app:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysy9khix9aha7y9/Tools.rar

The app works fine on many Samsung devices, test may be especially needed for other brands..
    Thanks....
    If the phone is rooted do we still have to take tools.rar ?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your reply,
    No if the device is rooted you don't have to use tools.rar (on computer)
    the app needs permission to Read_Log and android 4.1+ doesn't automatically grant this permission to the app, unless the device is rooted or user use the file tools.rar as it contains SDK tool to grant the permission to the app
    The app is not working I didn't even get a call

I got that but its not working .
    I enabled call forwarding and the only notification shown was by my phone like this
    vy4ymase.jpg

If that's u r app then OK.

I'm sorry, let me make my self clear..
    Assuming u have two devices A and B, install the app on B, then forward all calls from A to B , when someone (C) calls A then upon receiving that call on B the message will appear on the screen to notify you about that forwarded call

thank you for your patience..
    I will try on this device asap:

Samsung Galaxy s2 Gb

Prestigio pap5500 (mediatek dual sim)

Lg G2

Sony xpera z1 compact