Huawei H881C bootloader unlocked and (CWM) recovery built

Search This thread
Ok folks, there has been a little interest in the Huawei h881c Ascend Plus (Ace) from straight talk in the forums. The problem has been that, while we have root, there is no bootloader unlock/bypass or custom recovery yet.

That being said, I think I may have stumbled upon a start to a solution, but I require a little assistance from the higher authorities (IE: I need some dev support). I am pretty sure that I have unlocked the bootloader (according to a few flashing apps and fastboot), and I have built a CWM touch recovery via the CWM build bot (Jenkins). I have been able to recognize the device in ADB and fastboot, flash the recovery.img using
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
, I have noticed that the default Huawei and Tracfone splash and boot images have been replaced with and orange splash written in Chinese, and the boot animation is the default android boot animation. (I will attach screen shots if needed).

The stumbling blocks that I have hit:

1) It seems that the stock recovery image has been deleted with the flashing of the new cwm touch recovery image. If I try to reboot into recovery, either by rom manager, reboot app, or manual method, the phone does one boot loop and then boots into the normal system.

2) No matter what method I use to attempt to flash the recovery (ADB, Fastboot, Flashify), The recovery will not "stick", and the OEM recovery is still gone.

3) This kind of goes without saying, but through terminal or cmd, the "flash_image" command does not work. "Cannot locate partition" error is the result.

If I can spark the interest of any devs out there willing to help, I will gladly provide the stock recovery.img, stock boot.img, cwm recovery.img and the recovery.zip provided by the recovery builder (this includes the recovery.fstab, sh commands, etc...). Any and all help is appreciated in moving forward with the development of this device. Either contact me here in the thread or PM me and I will provide all of the info that I have available to me, along with any files needed.

Lets do this.........

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Is this the stock recovery? (See image)

Sent from my SPH-M830 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1407030100587.jpg
    1407030100587.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 422

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
How do I pull the system image?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Rush with Tapatalk.
Devices: Nook Color, Dell XPS 18, Galaxy Rush (All modded)

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Anyone still trying to work on this? I know how to pull the IMG file...

amazinglarry311

Apr 11, 2010
Anyone still trying to work on this? I know how to pull the IMG file...

I'm still working on it. I obtained an unlock code, and have the original stock firmware in case anything goes wrong, just need a working clockworkmod recovery image now. the builder isnt working

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Okay great news. Let me know if you need any thing. I'm not a Dev but I can do some things. Lol

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

PS how did you obtain unlock

amazinglarry311

Apr 11, 2010
Okay great news. Let me know if you need any thing. I'm not a Dev but I can do some things. Lol

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

PS how did you obtain unlock

i just emailed mobile@huawei.com and provided the SN and IMEI number.

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Do you have a tracfone version?

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
So I have emailed them numerous times asking for unlock and they said no they can't... I try again?

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
got the unlock code. going to unlock my h881c tomorrow. any more details on the recovery front?

PS: I'M WILLING TO DONATE SOME $$$$$ TO A DEV TO GET THIS THING GOING! THIS PHONE NEEDS SUPPORT!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts