[Q] unlock with HTCdev fails

Search This thread

vlsi99

Sep 7, 2013
I have done this with a previous INC2, however I get this error with a new phone I received 2 days ago:

r>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)... OKAY [ 0.165s]
writing 'unlocktoken'... FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)
finished. total time: 0.169s

I have repeated the steps 3 times , generating an unlock file from HTC every time (double checking device , cut and paste erros , etc).

My goal is to root for superuser access not S-OFF the device

My versions of SW are:
FW version is 4.08.605.3
Hboot 0.98
And 2.3.4
radio 01.0722

1- Anyone has an idea of the HTCDev error solution?
2- If it is not possible to use HTCDev and I need to rS-OFF to get superuser privileges; what procedure should I follow based on my FW v4.08.605.3 and Hboot 0.98? (will taco root work with this Hboot?, links please)

thanks

vlsi99

Sep 7, 2013
I have done this with a previous INC2, however I get this error with a new phone I received 2 days ago:

I have repeated the steps 3 times , generating an unlock file from HTC every time (double checking device , cut and paste erros , etc).

My goal is to root for superuser access not S-OFF the device

My versions of SW are:
FW version is 4.08.605.3
Hboot 0.98
And 2.3.4
radio 01.0722

1- Anyone has an idea of the HTCDev error solution?
2- If it is not possible to use HTCDev and I need to rS-OFF to get superuser privileges; what procedure should I follow based on my FW v4.08.605.3 and Hboot 0.98? (will taco root work with this Hboot?, links please)

thanks

Wau 72 views and nobody can help?

Ok, I know there are many posts about S-OFF with FW v 6.....xxxx, use TACOroot or with V6.yyyy use this one. Can someone tell me if a simple downgrade will work with my FW version v4.08.605.3 and Hboot 0.98?

thank you

Ryanrioz

Feb 19, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Wau 72 views and nobody can help?

Ok, I know there are many posts about S-OFF with FW v 6.....xxxx, use TACOroot or with V6.yyyy use this one. Can someone tell me if a simple downgrade will work with my FW version v4.08.605.3 and Hboot 0.98?

thank you

did u updated to latest Hboot?

Send my E-960/S4 LTE/N2 GSM and /Galaxy Y to xda

vlsi99

Sep 7, 2013
did u updated to latest Hboot?

Send my E-960/S4 LTE/N2 GSM and /Galaxy Y to xda

The phone came with these
FW version is 4.08.605.3
Hboot 0.98
And 2.3.4
radio 01.0722

HctDev is not working as I posted previously.

I only wanted superuser rights (don't care for ROMs). Since HctDev root does not work , I want S-OFF (which will give me SU anyway),

The question is what procedure to follow since I see different posts where the FW version is important to do the right thing. So what link is the correct for the Hboot and FW versions that I have.

thank you

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
The phone came with these
FW version is 4.08.605.3
Hboot 0.98
And 2.3.4
radio 01.0722

HctDev is not working as I posted previously.

I only wanted superuser rights (don't care for ROMs). Since HctDev root does not work , I want S-OFF (which will give me SU anyway),

The question is what procedure to follow since I see different posts where the FW version is important to do the right thing. So what link is the correct for the Hboot and FW versions that I have.

thank you

There are several posts about using HTC Dev unlock. I think I could get my 10yr old niece to use use search n figure it out.
You need to get the unlock .bin file from your email that u use to submit all your info n out that .bin file in the same file as adb resides in.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app

vlsi99

Sep 7, 2013
[quote
]there are several posts about using htc dev unlock. I think i could get my 10yr old niece to use use search n figure it out.
[/quote]

Please read the first post.

you need to get the unlock .bin file from your email that u use to submit all your info n out that .bin file in the same file as adb resides in.

Sent from my adr6350 using xda app-developers app

Please read the first post.

I am sure your 10 year old nice can also read very well. The file is in the right place. Re-read the error message again if you really want to help.

thanks