[Q] if water damages my z2?

Search This thread

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Dont panic people no damage yet, lol. Basically im getting a z2 on monday and im not gonna be able to resist dropping it in my mates fishtank while recording 120fps video...... but im wondering, if for whatever reason my phone isnt actually fully waterproof and develops a fault as a result of coming into contact with water (either now or further down the line, gonna have it for 2 years minimum), how easy would it be to get fixed/replaced?

KyleSforza

Mar 9, 2013
Delhi
www.facebook.com
Dont panic people no damage yet, lol. Basically im getting a z2 on monday and im not gonna be able to resist dropping it in my mates fishtank while recording 120fps video...... but im wondering, if for whatever reason my phone isnt actually fully waterproof and develops a fault as a result of coming into contact with water (either now or further down the line, gonna have it for 2 years minimum), how easy would it be to get fixed/replaced?

Totally depends of Sony's policy in the country you live.

Now where I live, Sony will have to replace it if it gets water damaged or even run over by a truck within a 6 months period. :p

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Totally depends of Sony's policy in the country you live.

Now where I live, Sony will have to replace it if it gets water damaged or even run over by a truck within a 6 months period. :p

Really you'd get it replaced if it got ran over by a truck?????

I shoulda stated im in uk, phones are usually covered (as is everything else electrical) by 1 year warranty, basically if it develops a fault within a year should get fixed for free, however when it comes to phones theres normally a clause, if your phone shows signs of water damage then its not covered.

In theory as the z2 is waterproof the warranty should cover it, and if i do ever need have anything fixed because of water it should be a simple repair or replace........ but in reality, theres always some kind of catch

mushtafa

Aug 19, 2011
West Sussex, UK
I asked my brother-inlaw to demonstrate his Z1 under water, he told me he didn't want to risk it as water damage wasn't covered!

Sent with Tapatalk

jayc1980

Feb 27, 2011
From what I understand, water damage IS covered (im in uk too by the way), unless the ports have been left open when submersing into water (think there is going to be a check here to see).

Tests should show that water is entering elsewhere in the phone when sony have the phone gor repair. My phone will be going swimming with me, worst case scenario, I have phone insurance through bank.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
From what I understand, water damage IS covered (im in uk too by the way), unless the ports have been left open when submersing into water (think there is going to be a check here to see).

Tests should show that water is entering elsewhere in the phone when sony have the phone gor repair. My phone will be going swimming with me, worst case scenario, I have phone insurance through bank.

See this is the sort of thing im on about, so it should be simple enough, what if for example, it turns out the covers for the ports arent manufactured properly, so they let water in?..... as i said theres always a catch, im still gonna record my mates fishies in slow mmo hd, i just think if it does develop a fault it aint gonna be as simple as it should be to get repaired

KyleSforza

Mar 9, 2013
Delhi
www.facebook.com
Dude, like seriously?? :eek:
I'm also from India.

Yeah lol You don't know about it?

The 6 months accidental damage protection on premium Sony devices.

Each and every Xperia phone priced above 20k is covered under accidental damage protection in India. And from what I've heard from users, if your phone gets damaged, they give you a new one within a day. ;)

Reactions: g4rvd4

g4rvd4

Jul 15, 2010
Mumbai

Each and every Xperia phone priced above 20k is covered under accidental damage protection in India. And from what I've heard from users, if your phone gets damaged, they give you a new one within a day. ;)

Thanks!
Wow this is pretty awesome!

jayc1980

Feb 27, 2011
See this is the sort of thing im on about, so it should be simple enough, what if for example, it turns out the covers for the ports arent manufactured properly, so they let water in?..... as i said theres always a catch, im still gonna record my mates fishies in slow mmo hd, i just think if it does develop a fault it aint gonna be as simple as it should be to get repaired

Yes, unfortanately, its a very sticky situation, they tell you its waterproof and ifbit fails it vould be a fight. However, lab tests should be able to pick up exactly where the water is entering, or you could just get someone who does not take his job so seriously and just replaces it, without problem.

terryforever

Jan 4, 2012
My Xz2 did have water damage last 2 weeks.
When i going to beach, i try to take some video.
At 1st is all normal and is ok.
Then i go to the pool.. then i wash it with the pipe water...
after finish.....suddenly restart....i dunno wat happen...after tat....
can turn it on.... only vibrate 3 times....
And is dry after 2 days....

Then yesterday i go test again.... try to put into normal water for 1 min, just 1 min....
water damage again :crying::crying:

Both time my flaps also close tight. I really dunno how the water went in....
now i need to wait for it to dry again :(
I got shake it a bit, got some water come out inside.....

Now i got no choice to wait it dry....then format it n bring to SONY.
I cant bring directly now, as my phone is root.....
scare later they say no claim as after root....

Or i can still claim my warranty even i root? since now cant turn on....they wont know, is it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dude, like seriously?? :eek:
    I'm also from India.

hmmmm, think i should try getting in touch with sony for this one