[Q] Root method for NC1 update?

Search This thread

Ingram0421

Jan 6, 2014
So before I go any further I would just like to quickly note that I have tried to do some research on this question before posting it and have came up empty handed.

Now for the question: My Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 updated to NC1 the night that the update was released and I was wondering how I could currently achieve root on NC1?

Specs:
Model: Samsung SGH-I337
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband: I337UCUFNC1
Currently running 100% stock and would like root. :p

Thanks in advance for any and all help! :)

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
So before I go any further I would just like to quickly note that I have tried to do some research on this question before posting it and have came up empty handed.

Now for the question: My Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 updated to NC1 the night that the update was released and I was wondering how I could currently achieve root on NC1?

Specs:
Model: Samsung SGH-I337
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband: I337UCUFNC1
Currently running 100% stock and would like root. :p

Thanks in advance for any and all help! :)

The same way you root NB1. This has been asked, you proceed with the downgrade as normal. It may help to go to NB1 first and then MK2.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0

netomel

Jun 19, 2012
East Elmhurst
All noobs should take a look at the general forum before making questions other had made. There are several guides there that can help you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ingram0421

Jan 6, 2014
I'm not exactly sure who you're calling a "noob", but if I would like to make a new thread that someone has already asked then I will damn sure do as I please. :) I appreciate your link in your first reply but the word noob isn't exactly a friendly one and some people take offense to it whether or not it is intended to do so.

netomel

Jun 19, 2012
East Elmhurst
I'm not exactly sure who you're calling a "noob", but if I would like to make a new thread that someone has already asked then I will damn sure do as I please. :) I appreciate your link in your first reply but the word noob isn't exactly a friendly one and some people take offense to it whether or not it is intended to do so.

At one point we all were and called ourselves like that. What bothers is that we see the same questions on new threads over and over. A forum was design to read and search. Once you don't find your answer you post a new thread. Some moderators will suggest the same to avoid clogged our forum. That's how we should treated and care for. I don't feel it's offensive and if it is apologize to those who feel that way.

dpwguenther

Feb 4, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 4 XL
I remember when I had my GS3 I had to flash stock 4.3 (which if I'm not mistaken still has a locked bootloader) and then I flashed a custom stock 4.1 rom and was able to flash the latest CM 11 plus a modem/bootloader combo zip from 4.3 and it worked fine. Is that even in the realm of possibilities with the GS4?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

netomel

Jun 19, 2012
East Elmhurst
I remember when I had my GS3 I had to flash stock 4.3 (which if I'm not mistaken still has a locked bootloader) and then I flashed a custom stock 4.1 rom and was able to flash the latest CM 11 plus a modem/bootloader combo zip from 4.3 and it worked fine. Is that even in the realm of possibilities with the GS4?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

I had the GS3 also and it was great you could flash anything Ubuntu and more, but now AT&T tied our hands because the war it's having with Samsung we pay. Others phones like the HTC it's reported to be bootloader unlocked. You can flash cm 11 without any problem.