FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
 
By Zepiii, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st April 2009, 04:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2009, 10:37 AM |#2491  
mskip's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,153
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numero2

Thanks, but this version has new widget*?

Sorry, but image shows only the old widget
*like Diamond Digital Clock and Analog Clock Big

I will be releasing a new version of Pro Plus QVGA/WQVGA TODAY with 2 new diamond clocks (the black and the white versions with preceding zeros), a new analogue clock originally made by " for VGA that I resized and tweaked, plus the invisible links (medium and small) from jgjacksons widget pro that he kindly said I could use. Also the menus have been split into mods and widgets.
5th June 2009, 11:56 AM |#2492  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Check Encoding Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by swdeason

jgjackson,

I have tried to import your WidgePro reg file into my Kasier with three diffferent types of Registry editing programs but no success. I have changed the file type to .reg but nothing is added. Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Try this. When you you save the download File/Save As/
Save as Type: Text File (*.txt)
Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8)
My encoding default was incorrect. This worked for me.
Sunday
5th June 2009, 12:29 PM |#2493  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks again for all your work Skip. I've sent a donation just now...hopefully it'll get you a beer or be of good use towards your new phone down the road.

Might hit you up with questions regarding formatting of the art for this type of thing. I'm not a developer but I do make art for a living.
5th June 2009, 01:20 PM |#2494  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
VGA Tinkerbell theme
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

I dont quite understand what you mean by making the number transparent. How would you see what the time is lol. I dont think it would be too hard to change the background clock colour, do you have something you would like me to make?

Im adding the white and black diamond clock (havent looked at the transparent one yet) to QVGA which I will be releasing maybe tomorrow if I can get it done by then. Some new widgets for people to play with over the weekend

I am using changeskins VGA to illustrate the transparent numerals. You will notice that in some screens there is the 0 for numeral placeholder and in some it is blank, I do not know why this is, but I do think the 0 looks better.
I would like to replace all white numerals and shadowing with Pink, Text I would like to make pale blue. I saw this where they used Pink Cumbustion menus and icons. I just dont care for the black accents and icons. I really like how customizable your software is, while still keeping the icons, menus, and submenus consistant with the original SPB Shell. I dont have a problem with changing icons, but I like not having to change my entire Set of icons to match a paticular theme. And of course you have all those great extra panels in the carousel that really work.

Anyway, third pic is just the Today screen loaded with the Original Tsk file made with old 2002 Theme maker. (This is how I get the Green bars in SPB Shell) I wish I could find a tool as easy as Pocket PC Theme Generator to work with SPB Shell. It makes it so easy to change color of any Text, Navigation Bar, Menues, Notifications etc. of course once you install SPB, most of the customizations are wiped out, bummer.
Let me know
Thank-you and Thank-you
Sunday
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen005.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	192687   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen009.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	192688   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen010.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	192689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen008.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	192695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen007.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	192696  
5th June 2009, 01:44 PM |#2495  
Siliconstar's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleding

I am using changeskins VGA to illustrate the transparent numerals. You will notice that in some screens there is the 0 for numeral placeholder and in some it is blank, I do not know why this is, but I do think the 0 looks better.
I would like to replace all white numerals and shadowing with Pink, Text I would like to make pale blue. I saw this where they used Pink Cumbustion menus and icons. I just dont care for the black accents and icons. I really like how customizable your software is, while still keeping the icons, menus, and submenus consistant with the original SPB Shell. I dont have a problem with changing icons, but I like not having to change my entire Set of icons to match a paticular theme. And of course you have all those great extra panels in the carousel that really work.

Anyway, third pic is just the Today screen loaded with the Original Tsk file made with old 2002 Theme maker. (This is how I get the Green bars in SPB Shell) I wish I could find a tool as easy as Pocket PC Theme Generator to work with SPB Shell. It makes it so easy to change color of any Text, Navigation Bar, Menues, Notifications etc. of course once you install SPB, most of the customizations are wiped out, bummer.
Let me know
Thank-you and Thank-you
Sunday

Can you move the clock in the 2nd screen? The first "0" is normally displayed with a trick: it is not part of the time, but it's superimposed in the face.bmp.For solid digits, it works because when time goes past 9:59 the "1" cover the "0" of the face and all look correct.For transparent digits this should not be possible, since the "0" under the "1" should be always visible because of the transparent background of the digit itself.But in your 2nd screenshot it seems to work and this could be only possible if digits create a "hole" in the face instead of being superimposed.
Gonna make some further test.
5th June 2009, 03:12 PM |#2496  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielchencfa

Thank you for sharing this.
After these steps, would I be able to get two different background images between the two Lifestyle Home panels? Or they still remain the same?

They will be the same. Haven't really looked into if it would be possible to make them different, but I suspect not.
5th June 2009, 03:32 PM |#2497  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip


I dont know if a tutorial on adding widgets has been written (look at the entrys in the first few posts) but if not I can write one up quickly when I have time. Im working on the next release for Pro Plus QVGA right now so it cant be til the weekend though.

How to Add a Customized Widget
All Resolutions

Part 1: http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtop...=133909#133909
Part 2: http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtop...=134043#134043
5th June 2009, 03:47 PM |#2498  
Zepiii's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag www.generation-mobiles.net
Thanks Meter: 14
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgjackson

How to Add a Customized Widget
All Resolutions

Part 1: http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtop...=133909#133909
Part 2: http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtop...=134043#134043

What is that ?
SPB is down, so i can't check.
We can make all widget we want ?
5th June 2009, 04:00 PM |#2499  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siliconstar

Can you move the clock in the 2nd screen? The first "0" is normally displayed with a trick: it is not part of the time, but it's superimposed in the face.bmp.For solid digits, it works because when time goes past 9:59 the "1" cover the "0" of the face and all look correct.For transparent digits this should not be possible, since the "0" under the "1" should be always visible because of the transparent background of the digit itself.But in your 2nd screenshot it seems to work and this could be only possible if digits create a "hole" in the face instead of being superimposed.
Gonna make some further test.

No, I cannot move digits in the 2nd picture. I do not want to be any trouble, leave it as it is if that is easier. I just thought the transparent numerals were kinda cool for some wallpapers/themes.
Thanks
Sunday
5th June 2009, 04:02 PM |#2500  
Member
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siliconstar

Can you move the clock in the 2nd screen? The first "0" is normally displayed with a trick: it is not part of the time, but it's superimposed in the face.bmp.For solid digits, it works because when time goes past 9:59 the "1" cover the "0" of the face and all look correct.For transparent digits this should not be possible, since the "0" under the "1" should be always visible because of the transparent background of the digit itself.But in your 2nd screenshot it seems to work and this could be only possible if digits create a "hole" in the face instead of being superimposed.
Gonna make some further test.

But why the "0" doesn't appear on the first screenshot?
5th June 2009, 04:26 PM |#2501  
ozone777's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleding

I am using changeskins VGA to illustrate the transparent numerals. You will notice that in some screens there is the 0 for numeral placeholder and in some it is blank, I do not know why this is, but I do think the 0 looks better.
I would like to replace all white numerals and shadowing with Pink, Text I would like to make pale blue. I saw this where they used Pink Cumbustion menus and icons. I just dont care for the black accents and icons. I really like how customizable your software is, while still keeping the icons, menus, and submenus consistant with the original SPB Shell. I dont have a problem with changing icons, but I like not having to change my entire Set of icons to match a paticular theme. And of course you have all those great extra panels in the carousel that really work.

Anyway, third pic is just the Today screen loaded with the Original Tsk file made with old 2002 Theme maker. (This is how I get the Green bars in SPB Shell) I wish I could find a tool as easy as Pocket PC Theme Generator to work with SPB Shell. It makes it so easy to change color of any Text, Navigation Bar, Menues, Notifications etc. of course once you install SPB, most of the customizations are wiped out, bummer.
Let me know
Thank-you and Thank-you
Sunday

Tinkerbell??!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spb mobile shell 3, themes, tricks, widgets, zepiii

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes