[ODIN][UCLB3] AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread with root and CWM recovery option - Infuse 4g

Search This thread

Najuto9tail

Aug 25, 2011
Lajas, PR
This is for an Infuse right? (Had to check, judging by the sig.)

Anyway, I hear a rumour that the archive listed above is incomplete. Try one of the downloads (Unbrick or GB stock if AT&T, Return to Stock if Rogers) using the mirror link below:

http://xdaforums.com/infuse-4g/general/mirror-development-files-t3011627
thank you, I was checking the files and it seems to be corrupted. Is for a friend's Infuse which previously was mine. LOL
I will try with the link you provided thank you.

callihn

Oct 14, 2012
All links are dead. Anyone have these? Seriously why do people upload important things to these crap hosts that will land up deleting them.

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca

BLACKMANTIS

Jan 18, 2010
Hello there!
I need help, I am looking for option D and I have scoured the planet and dont seem to find any. The one I found didnt really work and left my phone in mobile-!-Computer state. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

BLACKMANTIS

Jan 18, 2010
I finally found the files but Odin keeps failing and I dont know why. MY phone is in mobile-!-pc mode. Any help would be most appreciated.

BLACKMANTIS

Jan 18, 2010
Thank you Joel apparently it is as per: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1613523

4.) My phone is displaying something that looks like this: Phone-!-PC. What is this, and can I use these Odin packages from here?

That is still download mode. If you reach that screen, a flash has been interrupted or has failed, and you are in a type of backup download mode. Reset Odin, and start over with your flash. These packages will flash in this mode, just as they will in regular download mode.
Everything that I have flashed has just failed.

Thanks Joel.

Last edited:

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
Thank you Joel apparently it is as per: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1613523

4.) My phone is displaying something that looks like this: Phone-!-PC. What is this, and can I use these Odin packages from here?

That is still download mode. If you reach that screen, a flash has been interrupted or has failed, and you are in a type of backup download mode. Reset Odin, and start over with your flash. These packages will flash in this mode, just as they will in regular download mode.
Everything that I have flashed has just failed.

Thanks Joel.

Thoughts:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1414877
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296696

I thought by the symbol that your cable may be failing, but in reality, you just may need a jig to force the phone into proper download mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: callihn

Rajatrjt

Feb 20, 2016
sir i wnat option c ,,but now this file is removed why...plz send me the file plz plz

ABOUT
--------------

These Odin flashable tar.md5 packages contain the stock AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread release for the Samsung Infuse 4G with root added.

For those who are interested, there are also rooted options below that have busybox and are deodexed and zipaligned. An option is also provided below that includes CWM recovery and a few extras.

These rooted Odin packages do not contain bootloaders. Have rainbow distortion and want GB bootloaders to fix that? See question 1.) in the FAQ below for an explanation, warning, and link to a separate package that contains and flashes Gingerbread bootloaders.

The first two versions below use the stock UCLB3 kernel and have stock recovery. The third option below uses Entropy's Daily Driver (April 5th, 2012 test kernel with working MHL HDMI out), and includes red CWM recovery. For more information about Entropy512's kernel, go HERE.

INSTALL
--------------

1.) Download Odin from HERE and extract the program from the .zip file.

2.) Download the version you want. Use a program like 7zip to extract the Odin flashable tar.md5 from the .rar file.:

**** OPTION A ****
I997UCLB3-root.rar

Features in this version
- Stock kernel
- Stock recovery
- Rooted

******* OPTION B *******
I997UCLB3-root-deodex.rar

Features in this version
- Stock kernel
- Stock recovery
- Rooted
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Busybox

************ OPTION C *************
I997UCLB3-CWM-root-deodex-extras.rar

Features in this version
- Entropy's Daily Driver kernel
- Red CWM recovery
- Rooted
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Busybox
- AT&T and other bloatware removed
- Scrolling wallpaper fix
- CRT off animation
- 8 lock screens
- Extended power menu
- Accurate battery mod
- Get lidroid's 14 statusbar toggles HERE

************ OPTION D *************
I997UCLB3-CWM-root-deodex.rar

Features in this version
- Red CWM recovery
- Rooted
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Busybox
- Get extra mods HERE

Want to try some different kernels, like Zen Arcade's Infusion-Z? Odin kernel packages are HERE.

3.) Install Samsung Kies to install the latest Samsung USB drivers. This can be found HERE.

Reboot PC. Then, attach phone via USB, and allow drivers to install.

4.) In recovery, wipe all user data and wipe all cache data, BEFORE flashing. If you don't do this, I can't guarantee that your phone won't loop at the AT&T boot animation, or that you won't have other issues.

Put phone in Recovery Mode (Turn phone off, disconnect USB cable, hold power button and both volume buttons, release power button when Samsung logo appears, continue to hold volume buttons until recovery screen appears.). In recovery, choose and follow prompts for options to wipe user data and to wipe cache data.

5.) Place phone in Download Mode (Remove battery, hold down both volume buttons, replace battery, attach USB cable, and then continue to hold volume buttons until the phone enters Download Mode.).

6.) With phone in Download Mode, open the Odin exe. In Odin, if the phone is recognized, the window under ID:COM will turn yellow.

7.) In Odin, click on "PDA" and browse to the tar.md5.

8.) Select the tar.md5. Make sure it shows up in the PDA window, and then click on Start. Do not power off or disconnect the phone while Odin flashes the package and reboots the phone.

9.) You're finished. You now have stock AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread (UCLB3) with root.

NOTES
----------------

a.) If you skipped step 4.) and your phone boot loops at the AT&T boot animation, hold down the power button and both volume buttons until you enter recovery. In recovery, wipe all user data and wipe all cache data. Reboot and the phone will boot into rooted 2.3.6 Gingerbread.

b.) If everything has been done correctly, the Setup Wizard will appear when you first boot Gingerbread. If the phone first boots into Gingerbread, and you don't get the Setup Wizard, go to Settings / Privacy / Factory data reset and choose "Reset Phone".

FAQ
-----------------

1.) I have rainbow distortion in recovery or in the boot animation. How can I get Gingerbread bootloaders to fix this?:

You can download THIS .rar file, extract using 7zip, and flash the tar.md5 package in Odin (use the pda slot). Flashing Gingerbread bootloaders will correct rainbow distortion in recovery and in the boot animation. Only flash these if you are having issues with rainbow distortion, and only if you have had success flashing other, less dangerous items in Odin. If something happens to cause a flash of these bootloaders to fail, then you run the risk of bricking your phone. See THIS post and THIS post for more of an explanation of why bootloaders weren't included in the rooted UCLB3 Odin packages.

2.) Isn't there a way to root stock UCLB3 Gingerbread without flashing these Odin packages?:

Yes. See THIS how-to thread that I put together for an explanation of how to root stock UCLB3.

3.) How do I get CWM recovery if I flashed a version with the stock kernel?:

If you didn't flash Option C with CWM recovery already included, you can flash a custom kernel that includes CWM recovery by using SGS Kernel Flasher on the phone. Find and install SGS Kernel Flasher in Android Market / Google Play Store. Then, place the zImage of a compatible custom kernel that includes CWM recovery on your internal sdcard, and flash using SGS Kernel Flasher. Entropy's Daily Driver, includes red CWM recovery, and can be found HERE.

THANKS
-----------------

ChainsDD for root bits
Entropy512 for his kernel
NunHugger for 8 lockscreens, extended power menu, and accurate battery mod
gtg465x for posts on how to dump factoryfs.rfs
imnuts for posts on how to create Odin images
Przekret for the Samsung UCLB3 leak
Everyone in the Infuse 4g XDA forum

Hope this helps someone out. Please use this thread for any questions or comments about using the Odin packages. It's okay to ask UCLB3 related questions here also, but remember, I didn't create the firmware. That one is on Samsung / AT&T, and these are just packages provided to make it easier to get root and /or CWM recovery with that firmware.
sir i wnat option c ,,but now this file is removed why...plz send me the file plz plz

andrewnew

Jul 9, 2016
Does this still work

My samsung infuse got messed up. I'm trying to download a rom to flash with Odin. I tried several including I997UCLB3-root.rar and I997UCLB3-root-deodex.rar. The links lead to Dev-Host with "file not found". If I search on Dev-Host site I can download those rar, but they all contain exe file. I expect to see tar.md5 file per instruction.

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
My samsung infuse got messed up. I'm trying to download a rom to flash with Odin. I tried several including I997UCLB3-root.rar and I997UCLB3-root-deodex.rar. The links lead to Dev-Host with "file not found". If I search on Dev-Host site I can download those rar, but they all contain exe file. I expect to see tar.md5 file per instruction.

DevHost is often adding a second download link that payloads malware instead - hence the exe. There is a link in my signature that goes to a mirror for Infuse files. What you need should be there (assuming I'm in the thread I'm thinking of).

Hope this helps. :cowboy:

LXYN

Dec 11, 2016
Addis Ababa
A request for a link

hey i used the odin rom that was provided in the MEGA link to unbrick my fathers phone and it worked nicely and i thank the developer deeply for that.. but i will have to bother the developer or any of you for another link... I have developed rainbow distortion in recovery and in the boot animation... and the link to the GB bootloader seems to be dead, so if someone can post a new link i would appreciate it very much

Thanks in advance
and sorry if my English bothers you

Last edited:

tabthk28@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2017
there is no file (UCLB3) can you send me it ineed it...plllzzz help me......

ABOUT
--------------

These Odin flashable tar.md5 packages contain the stock AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread release for the Samsung Infuse 4G with root added.

For those who are interested, there are also rooted options below that have busybox and are deodexed and zipaligned. An option is also provided below that includes CWM recovery and a few extras.

These rooted Odin packages do not contain bootloaders. Have rainbow distortion and want GB bootloaders to fix that? See question 1.) in the FAQ below for an explanation, warning, and link to a separate package that contains and flashes Gingerbread bootloaders.

The first two versions below use the stock UCLB3 kernel and have stock recovery. The third option below uses Entropy's Daily Driver (April 5th, 2012 test kernel with working MHL HDMI out), and includes red CWM recovery. For more information about Entropy512's kernel, go HERE.

INSTALL
--------------

2.) Download the version you want. Use a program like 7zip to extract the Odin flashable tar.md5 from the .rar file.:

**** OPTION A ****
I997UCLB3-root.rar

Features in this version
- Stock kernel
- Stock recovery
- Rooted

******* OPTION B *******

Features in this version
- Stock kernel
- Stock recovery
- Rooted
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Busybox

Features in this version
- Red CWM recovery
- Rooted
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Busybox
- CRT off animation
- 8 lock screens
- Extended power menu
- Accurate battery mod

Features in this version
- Red CWM recovery
- Rooted
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Busybox
- Get extra mods HERE

Want to try some different kernels, like Zen Arcade's Infusion-Z? Odin kernel packages are HERE.

3.) Install Samsung Kies to install the latest Samsung USB drivers. This can be found HERE.

4.) In recovery, wipe all user data and wipe all cache data, BEFORE flashing. If you don't do this, I can't guarantee that your phone won't loop at the AT&T boot animation, or that you won't have other issues.

Put phone in Recovery Mode (Turn phone off, disconnect USB cable, hold power button and both volume buttons, release power button when Samsung logo appears, continue to hold volume buttons until recovery screen appears.). In recovery, choose and follow prompts for options to wipe user data and to wipe cache data.

5.) Place phone in Download Mode (Remove battery, hold down both volume buttons, replace battery, attach USB cable, and then continue to hold volume buttons until the phone enters Download Mode.).

6.) With phone in Download Mode, open the Odin exe. In Odin, if the phone is recognized, the window under ID:COM will turn yellow.

8.) Select the tar.md5. Make sure it shows up in the PDA window, and then click on Start. Do not power off or disconnect the phone while Odin flashes the package and reboots the phone.

9.) You're finished. You now have stock AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread (UCLB3) with root.

NOTES
----------------

a.) If you skipped step 4.) and your phone boot loops at the AT&T boot animation, hold down the power button and both volume buttons until you enter recovery. In recovery, wipe all user data and wipe all cache data. Reboot and the phone will boot into rooted 2.3.6 Gingerbread.

b.) If everything has been done correctly, the Setup Wizard will appear when you first boot Gingerbread. If the phone first boots into Gingerbread, and you don't get the Setup Wizard, go to Settings / Privacy / Factory data reset and choose "Reset Phone".

FAQ
-----------------

1.) I have rainbow distortion in recovery or in the boot animation. How can I get Gingerbread bootloaders to fix this?:

You can download THIS .rar file, extract using 7zip, and flash the tar.md5 package in Odin (use the pda slot). Flashing Gingerbread bootloaders will correct rainbow distortion in recovery and in the boot animation. Only flash these if you are having issues with rainbow distortion, and only if you have had success flashing other, less dangerous items in Odin. If something happens to cause a flash of these bootloaders to fail, then you run the risk of bricking your phone. See THIS post and THIS post for more of an explanation of why bootloaders weren't included in the rooted UCLB3 Odin packages.

2.) Isn't there a way to root stock UCLB3 Gingerbread without flashing these Odin packages?:

Yes. See THIS how-to thread that I put together for an explanation of how to root stock UCLB3.

3.) How do I get CWM recovery if I flashed a version with the stock kernel?:

If you didn't flash Option C with CWM recovery already included, you can flash a custom kernel that includes CWM recovery by using SGS Kernel Flasher on the phone. Find and install SGS Kernel Flasher in Android Market / Google Play Store. Then, place the zImage of a compatible custom kernel that includes CWM recovery on your internal sdcard, and flash using SGS Kernel Flasher. Entropy's Daily Driver, includes red CWM recovery, and can be found HERE.

THANKS
-----------------

ChainsDD for root bits

Hope this helps someone out. Please use this thread for any questions or comments about using the Odin packages. It's okay to ask UCLB3 related questions here also, but remember, I didn't create the firmware. That one is on Samsung / AT&T, and these are just packages provided to make it easier to get root and /or CWM recovery with that firmware.

there is no such a file uclb3

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
ABOUT
--------------

INSTALL
--------------

**** OPTION A ****
I997UCLB3-root.rar

Features in this version
- Stock kernel
- Stock recovery
- Rooted

******* OPTION B *******

Features in this version
- Stock kernel
- Stock recovery
- Rooted
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Busybox

Features in this version
- Red CWM recovery
- Rooted
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Busybox
- CRT off animation
- 8 lock screens
- Extended power menu
- Accurate battery mod

Features in this version
- Red CWM recovery
- Rooted
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Busybox
- Get extra mods HERE

4.)In recovery, wipe all user data and wipe all cache data, BEFORE flashing. If you don't do this, I can't guarantee that your phone won't loop at the AT&T boot animation, or that you won't have other issues.

NOTES
----------------

FAQ
-----------------

1.)I have rainbow distortion in recovery or in the boot animation. How can I get Gingerbread bootloaders to fix this?:

2.)Isn't there a way to root stock UCLB3 Gingerbread without flashing these Odin packages?:

3.)How do I get CWM recovery if I flashed a version with the stock kernel?:

4.)My phone is displaying something that looks like this: Phone-!-PC. What is this, and can I use these Odin packages from here?

THANKS
-----------------

ChainsDD for root bits

Would you happen to have these in a different site? Dev host is permanently down. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Job, bro.
    just wondered ... does enabling lagfix from recovery actually help with speed ... don't totally understand it, but I'm curious about it because voltage control only allows me to max out at 1200 (I was used to getting 1600 in other roms).

lagfix in recovery converts your file systems to ext4 from the default of rfs. ext4 can be faster, especially with some of the more popular tweaks applied.

You can get 1600 via a kernel that implements over clocking.. Check my sig for some options there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
    No, lazy is guys like me that take all the hard work all you guys do and use it on our phones with barely any thinking required on our parts.
    Correct. This package uses the stock kernel. That being said is there any interest also in another version w/ Entropy's Daily Driver
    and CWM recovery in this format? I'll have to get Entropy's permission, but can do that also.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I was curious, mostly.

2 wks ago, I had put together a method to root the UCLB3 when we saw a spike in how to root this thing in the Q/A everyday. It consisted of a cwm-flashable that installed busybox and superuser, then deleted most ATT bloats. And then installed google talk video from the G-Nex.

To get to cwm, I had a Heimdall-1-click of Entropy's DD kernel. I suppose any GB insecure kernel would work too. Entropy's latest would be nice because it would also have HDMI and CWM recovery.
    After the kernel flash, you can boot into recovery and flash the cwm package.
    And then UCLB3 would be "rooted", busybox and SuperUser.apk. Plus some bonuses (Gtalk, Gvoice, Terminal Emulator and minus ATT bloats. :D It was painful but I left Facebook and a few others in place)

Once you started with the Tar for Odin, I made a Heimdall-1-click for this rooted ROM as well. What was odd was that I had corrected the vold.fstab for the external sdcard access, before copying over the factory.rfs.
    After the package was put together, the vold.fstab reverted back to mm2 instead of mm1 for the stock kernel.
    Odd...
    I didn't know if that happened to you or not.

Anyway, imo, I don't think you need to worry about another version with Entropy'd DD, I think most users should be able to use SGS-Kernel flasher to get to cwm.

About the deodex aspect, dman already made up a deodex version...I thought it was odd that others didn't use it. It may also be redundant too, but that's just my opinion.

I think the Odex apk do not make dalvik caches. Thereby, have a fast boot time and less chance of cache corruption. I've been using the odex rooted version with the stock kernel, and have noted an initial lag, but after leaving the phone alone for 20 minutes, it is pretty responsive and snappy.
    This stock rom is missing Lidroid's, Battery mod, and a few other things..but then, after you add those, lol..we are running vagabond, spartan, pharmnerd midagu's etc...

If anyone wants a heimdall 1 click... :)
    Mr. qkster, that anti-Odin talk has no place in this here Odin package thread ;)

And I've thought about making Odin packages with just the various custom kernels and CWM recovery. It would be easy to do, but that would be for another thread. This thread is for rooted UCLB3 packages, and for people who want to use Odin to get rooted UCLB3.

Honestly, more people need to learn how to use the Heimdall suite command line to flash kernels. If that's too hard (and it's not), we can point them to your Heimdall one-click packages (which you just did). :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, I hear you. Odin and Heimdall drivers use tend to confuse the beginners. I seen a few panicked when they switch method and ball when the device is no longer recognized when they use the same USB port.

But hey, we are all about spoon feeding right? :)

Sent from USA