[CLOSED][ROM][10.0][OOS Cam] crDroid v6.13 [21.12.2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Flashing TWRP to your device via fastboot, and then booting to TWRP allows you to transfer files to and from the phone with a USB cable.

Thank you very much.

However, don't see anything inside of my current TWRP recovery that lets me copy files to and from my PC. The only option I see is "sideload", which is used specfically for flashing zip files, not copying arbitrary data to or from the PC.

What am I missing?

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
[ROM][10.0][OOS Cam] crDroid v6.0 [10.11.2019]

Backup and restore rom is very easily process while being decrypted and one more benefits of it never need format data and can switch between rom even being different security patch.

On encrypted you can't do that.

If you tried restore backup rom with older security patch(October) than what you are current(November)you will brick the device on encrypted setup device.

Here's for example my roms backup and can switch between wherever I want without any issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 8629AB25-0299-485E-9AFD-60BE053D340A.jpg
    8629AB25-0299-485E-9AFD-60BE053D340A.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Thank you very much.

However, don't see anything inside of my current TWRP recovery that lets me copy files to and from my PC. The only option I see is "sideload", which is used specfically for flashing zip files, not copying arbitrary data to or from the PC.

What am I missing?

You should see the phone as a removable storage device when you plug it into your PC. All the copying would be done from the PC, and not from within TWRP

Reactions: HippoMan

Tiz92

Feb 10, 2014
Bolzano/Bozen
Okay, had again the screen flickering issue when the system ui was rebooting because I changed a element of the system UI. Screen flickers and its no usable anymore.

Christopher Purdom

Nov 12, 2019
DRM issues

It seems that since build 20191106, DRM-check failed when using "DRM Info". Cannot open netflix either. Before that it appears L3 in "DRM Info".

o0ocloudako0o

Aug 19, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5

Absolute '0' issues in flashing over OB5 - Have used Omni and Havoc for a bit and I must confess in the opinion of myself the latest CRDroid is/has been equally as stable and agrees phenomenally with a certain Clang 10 kernel... Omni seems to be polished and could use a few things along with Havoc, but CRDroid latest and I'm sure with upcoming planned features is most customization rom available for our phonez bringing me back to the HTC M7 days running Viper OS with the Tabular menu tweak options.
Not to say I dislike the otherz at all, just has been the order of flashful things for this device and has also phit perfectly for some other purposes we can do to mod to our liking!!

Cheerz!:good::good:

Reactions: gwolfu and marko94

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
You should see the phone as a removable storage device when you plug it into your PC. All the copying would be done from the PC, and not from within TWRP

Ah! I'll check that when I get home from work this evening.

Sadly, that doesn't work for me. I have a linux machine, and fastboot and adb push/pull/shell all work fine. Also, when I plug in other USB devices, they get properly mounted.

However, when I plug in my OnePlus 7 Pro in TWRP recovery mode, nothing happens. I have set Enable MTP, and that has no effect, nor does Disable MTP. I also tried Mount USB Storage, and that didn't work, either. Perhaps do I need a different version of TWRP? I'm using this one ...

twrp-installer-3.3.1-4-guacamole.zip

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Sadly, that doesn't work for me. I have a linux machine, and fastboot and adb push/pull/shell all work fine. Also, when I plug in other USB devices, they get properly mounted.

However, when I plug in my OnePlus 7 Pro in TWRP recovery mode, nothing happens. I have set Enable MTP, and that has no effect, nor does Disable MTP. I also tried Mount USB Storage, and that didn't work, either. Perhaps do I need a different version of TWRP? I'm using this one ...

Definitely upgrade to 3.3.1-70

Not 71. There's been complaints about it in the TWRP thread. There should be a link to order versions in the OP or first few comments. If you can't find that, let me know and I'll share them on my Google drive

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-recovery-t3931322

I've got no problems seeing my phone as a connected device in Windows 10 and Linux Mint xfce 19.2

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Definitely upgrade to 3.3.1-70

[ ... ]

Thank you.

I've got this one: twrp-3.3.1-70-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip ... and its *.img version.

I already have TWRP installed in both boot slots, and fastboot boot WHATEVER.img doesn't work for me.

So I guess I could ...
(1) boot to my current TWRP recovery
(2) install the 3.3.1-70 TWRP via sideload
(3) boot recovery again
(4) install the 3.3.1-70 TWRP via sideload again
(is this correct?)

Will I also have to reflash anything else at this point (ROM? gapps? Magisk?)

Last edited:

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Thank you.

I've got this one: twrp-3.3.1-70-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip ... and its *.img version.

I already have TWRP installed in both boot slots, and fastboot boot WHATEVER.img doesn't work for me.

So I guess I could ...
(1) boot to my current TWRP recovery
(2) install the 3.3.1-70 TWRP via sideload
(3) boot recovery again
(4) install the 3.3.1-70 TWRP via sideload again
(is this correct?)

Will I also have to reflash anything else at this point (ROM? gapps? Magisk?)
You can not to TWRP and flash the installer zip directly from the sdcard, usb-otg, or side loaded. No need to reboot and flash again, as the installer flashes to both A and B slots. You will need to flash magisk again, but NOT the ROM.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
You can not to TWRP and flash the installer zip directly from the sdcard, usb-otg, or side loaded. No need to reboot and flash again, as the installer flashes to both A and B slots. You will need to flash magisk again, but NOT the ROM.

Thank you!

You can "not" (???) to TWRP? Do you mean that I can "boot" to TWRP? Also, just one flash for Magisk, as well?

Oh ... and will the unified TWRP installer work, or do I specifically need the "Pie" installer for 3.3.1-70?

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Thank you!

You can "not" (???) to TWRP? Do you mean that I can "boot" to TWRP? Also, just one flash for Magisk, as well?

Oh ... and will the unified TWRP installer work, or do I specifically need the "Pie" installer for 3.3.1-70?
Correct ... BOOT to TWRP. Autocorrect sabotaged the post.

You can flash magisk immediately after TWRP in the same session. The only time you need to switch slots or reboot to recovery party through the procedure is after flashing a ROM zip

You should be good with the unified installer.

I think the pie/10 versions are only IMG files for using with "fastboot boot". You boot the IMG corresponding to the Android version you're currently using on the device. This being an Android 10 ROM, you should be able to fastboot boot twrp_Q.img

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Correct ... BOOT to TWRP. Autocorrect sabotaged the post.

You can flash magisk immediately after TWRP in the same session. The only time you need to switch slots or reboot to recovery party through the procedure is after flashing a ROM zip

You should be good with the unified installer.

I think the pie/10 versions are only IMG files for using with "fastboot boot". You boot the IMG corresponding to the Android version you're currently using on the device. This being an Android 10 ROM, you should be able to fastboot boot twrp_Q.img

Thank you for all this, and thanks again for all your help and all your patience with my questions!

Tonight after I get home from work I'll test all this.

Excelsior! (Latin for "Onward and upward!")

Reactions: RandomPooka

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Thank you for all this, and thanks again for all your help and all your patience with my questions!

Tonight after I get home from work I'll test all this.

Excelsior! (Latin for "Onward and upward!")
Good luck. This stuff applies to all the roms for a/b devices that I've used so far, but there's not really a collected source of information for that that I've seen. It's more like skimming multiple threads for TWRP, magisk, stuck firmware collections, and multiple custom ROM threads, for the bits and pieces needed.

If it was all detailed out in one place that I was aware of, I'd have gladly just pointed you at that location and said to go wild reading up on it. But, it's a pain in the butt to cobble all the reading sources together when you can just as easily answer to the best of your ability.

gwolfu

Recognized Developer

On a linux machine you need to mount the disk in your preferred file manager (using Nemo here)

Last edited:

chimera533

Feb 3, 2012
OnePlus 9
Is anyone having problems with Chrome constantly crashing? I flashed the 20191006 opengapps nano linked on the first post then downloaded Chrome from the Play Store. It's constantly freezing and crashing and hanging up the whole phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    If coming from any other ROM, it's recommended to flash OOS and boot to it once in order to update firmware.
    If you already have TWRP and OOS installed, boot to TWRP and just follow step 1 (backup) and jump to step 6 (format data)
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Reboot to fastboot
    • Boot to TWRP.img (fastboot boot twrp.img) and then sideload twrp.zip (adb sideload twrp.zip)
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • Flash OOS 10 and TWRP installer then reboot to TWRP
    • Format data
    • Flash crDroid zip then reboot to TWRP
    • Flash OpenGapps and reboot to system
    • After passed setup screen, reboot to TWRP and flash Magisk zip
    • Enjoy

Update installation:

TWRP way (faster):
    • Boot to recovery and make a backup
    • Flash crDroid zip then reboot to TWRP
    • Flash OpenGapps, Magisk and reboot to system
    • Enjoy
    Built-in OTA (slower):
    • Go to crDroid Settings > About crDroid > Updates
    • Click on Download button for new update and after download is ready, click install
    • Updater app will prepare for first boot then finalize installation, but make sure you don't click reboot (you'll loose root if you do so)
    • Open Magisk and click top install button, then click install button again from the prompt, and install to inactive slot
    • Reboot and enjoy

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/guacamole#crDroid-v6
    Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c...endor_crDroidOTA/10.0/changelog_guacamole.txt

Known issues:
    - bug free baby (unless some source issues)

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid OnePlus 7 Pro Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    Build 20191129 is ready

Changelog:
    - Added new crDroid Kernel
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.14.156
    - Added Dialer dark theme
    - Added Dialer call auto record option
    - Added high brightness mode toggle
    - Added DC-Dimming toggle
    - Added panel modes (sRGB, DCI-P3, Night mode, Wide Color mode)
    - Added notification slider customization options
    - Added vibrator strenght customization
    - Fixed system crash on theme change
    - Improved Theme Engine
    - Some other small changes

Download: https://crdroid.net/guacamole
    Build 20191028 is live

Alright, so this is a big one...

Changelog:
    - Updated to OOS OB4 blobs
    - Added back battery percentage customization (both in status bar and in QS)
    - Added Lockscreen album art filter
    - Added lockscreen visualizer pulse
    - Enabled burn-in protection
    - Enabled Dash/Warp charger support
    - Added volume livesteps
    - Add ability to toggle bluetooth battery level
    - Added back Gallery2
    - Added back Trebuchet
    - Added crDroid Music app
    - Improved dark theme
    - Improved media seek bar
    - Tweaked automatic brightness
    - Improved recorder app
    - Enabled auto brightness while dozing (testing)
    - Boosted volume
    - Some other small changes here and there

PS. Thank you all for your kind donations, motivated me a little to work over nights with some more coffee :D

MEGA mirror for this build: https://mega.nz/#!FsFlRKiL!wohHTcBDsLEJfNgQsWd7TCduqocp9A_uyFd4iYZh3Vg
    Build 20191231 is ready

Happy new years eve everyone!

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 6.1 code
    - Updated to December Security patches
    - Completely rebased code to new android-10.0.0_r18 tag
    - Added toggle to hide power menu on secured lock screen
    - Added toggle to display advanced reboot on secured lock screen
    - Added toggle for restart systemui in advanced reboot menu
    - Added in-built screen record customizations - power menu, tile and removed Recorder app
    - Added screenshot type selection for volume button trigger
    - Added aggressive battery customizations (crdroid > misc)
    - Added new font styles including Google Sans, OnePlus Slate and SamsungOne
    - Added new icon shape styles - hexagon and cylinder
    - Added new dark styles - Carbon Black and Amoled Black
    - Fixed settings for ambient display sensor based customizations
    - Maybe more that I forgot

Build 07.06.2020 is ready

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 6.7 code
    - Updated to June Android Security patches
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.14.183
    - Added per-app sensor block option
    - Added automatic HBM lux threshold control
    - Added Ambient Edge Pulse layout
    - Added OxygenOS styled dismiss all button
    - Enabled RW for NTFS mounted storage
    - Enabled X-Box gamepad support
    - Enabled nintendo switch controller support
    - Reworkd FOD implementation (again I know)
    - Reworked quick QS brightness slider
    - Improved system strenght vibration option from OP Settings
    - Improved Automatic HBM
    - Fixed new clocks preview layout in settings
    - Fixed issue with popup camera launching on phone call close
    - Fixed an issue with data not connecting on reboot
    - Optimized system performance
    - Some other small changes
    - Updated translations