Looking for good Earphones with mic

Search This thread

josjator

Aug 22, 2011
I'm still waiting for my NOCS NS200 Android, will arrive soon and give you some impressions. I just can't wait :D

NS200H-Packshot.jpg

The-Droidster

May 27, 2012
XDA 24 x 7
Yup sure thing...I think I'll get them by Saturday....Will post a review as soon as I get to lay my hands on them.;)

Okay, So as promised here is my review of the SoundMAGIC ES18 IEM earphones.

20121015_012952.jpg

20121015_012720.jpg

20121015_132109.jpg

Ordered over Flipkart on 7/10/12

Delivered on 12/10/12

Buy these earphones for: BASS:good::good::D

Pros:
1. Excellent BASS(Lows)...Blown Away!! Equally good High's.
2. Wearing Comfort. Put it on for hours,,,you won't notice them.
3. High sensitivity to EQ changes. :good: If you know how to tweak the EQ, you can tame this beast to your advantage!!
4. Loudness. approx 10% louder than Samsung IEM's.
5. Affordable. You won't get a better earphone at this cost!!! + 1 Year Warranty.
6. Accessories: Additional 2 pairs of ear-plugs. Leather Pouch!

Cons:
1. Suppressed Mids..
2. Poor build quality. Especially the cable..very thin and looks cheap. Earphones are sturdy and good-looking.
3. No Mic

Verdict: If you are getting these for Rs. 500 or less, don't give a second thought, buy it! You won't get better than this.:good:

josjator

Aug 22, 2011
Yes, I received them three days ago :). Still getting used to them to give you a fair review, not biased by the typical "because I paid for them".

I can tell you that they have a very good flat response by now. Will update on weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@

I have found an article over this. Check this out.

The NOCS NS200 earphones cater to a particular type of listener, those who prefer a nice, tight environment where bass is not overwhelming, but deep and present when needed. The NS200’s are not the best-sounding earphones we have listened to in this price range, but if you were deserted on an island with these and the upgraded Apple earbuds, we would definitely go with these. The inline microphone, controls and iPhone compatibility are a nice touch, but if you are willing to deal with a little control frustration, we would recommend the Thinksound ts02+ earphones, which we think sound better. Otherwise, if you absolutely do not need the phone controls, we would definitely recommend the Jays a-Jays series, which are among our favorites.

Highs:
Tight bass
Warm midrange
In-line controls and microphone

Lows:
Sound leakage
Flat highs
Awkward bass

Go to this Site for review: http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/nocs-ns200-review/

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Hey Guys, This is really cheap one but user reviews are great. Check to out this one from Flipkart.

Edit: i ordered this one. Will let u know abt sound and others.

Click here for Flipkart Link
philips-she-3590wh-275x275-imadcudhb4nahqzs.jpeg

Last edited:

josjator

Aug 22, 2011
So I've been listening to my brand new NOCS NS200 android earbuds with mic for some days and I wanted to share with you my experience.

I have a good sensitive hearing and I try always to listen music decently. In fact, my i9000 audio quality impressed me even before the voodoo driver was released. Their stock headphones were actually good: great isolation, fair respose to the audio source and punching bass. A little bit shrill at med freqs, though.

So I got this i9103 phone. A very interesting phone that has been providing me lots of fun in xda. But my first experience with its audio quality was horrible. It sounded like jumping cans with its stock headphones. I thought maybe the phone had the same i9100 Yamaha DAC or maybe those stock headphones were crap, even they looked identical to the i9000 ones (except for the jack strips color). BTW they don't work with our phone, as they are OMTP jack wiring, and the Galaxy R is CTIA. You can see the differences here:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/31455

As you know the phone actually performs a Wolfson WM8994 audio chip, correctly HW implemented, and the driver has been ported by our devs. That is really great. I started to look for a decent headset with mic and buttoms, as a sustitute for the crap stock ones, in a ~50€ range. I found the swedish NS200 as a good deal and balance between functionaly, audio quality, and price.

A flat and fair response is important so you can EQ your music as desired while still enjoying all the sound spectrum. I use to activate a bit of HW bass boost in the Voodoo control app and a bit of treble in the player equalizer. No more than that. These NOCS are placed between flat and warm sound. Med freqs are also very detailed. I can listen to them for hours. They are very well built, with durability as a premise. The drivers are protected by a light aluminium case and the cable is reinforced with kevlar. I can carry them in my pocket without any worry. Phonecalls functionality simpy works great.

The only issue I have found are the isolating silicon sleeves. I had a hard time getting used to them, even though the buds are light and confy. I finally opted for the bigger ones. My ears are very standard, so I was surprised. The earbuds come with three sizes, having the medium one two pairs. Regarding the buttoms, there is a specific app for configuring them in Google Play. It has tons of options. I found out that I could only setup the central one, the others are tied to volume. Probably it's something related with the ROM that looks easy to fix.

nocsns200android.jpg

Drivers: 8 mm dynamic
Sensivity: 106 db SPL @ 1 kHz
Impedance: 16 Ohm @ 1 kHz
Freq response: 20Hz - 20kHz

I hope this helps you to choose your headphones with mic. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 'cooleagle'

bhargav143

Mar 6, 2011
Berhampur
I purchaised these ones... Loving it... Rs 1300/-:thumbup:

All lows and highs are crystal...
Mids are obviously low... I chose these ones... After taking a look at around 10 other high quality headphones...:D

sent via my i9103 (Galaxy Royale)
hit thanks If I help u...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351770066812.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351770066812.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 167

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
I purchaised these ones... Loving it... Rs 1300/-:thumbup:

All lows and highs are crystal...
Mids are obviously low... I chose these ones... After taking a look at around 10 other high quality headphones...:D

Which ones are these ? SM MP-21 ?

3 Doors Down

Mar 6, 2012
Mumbai/Thane
Dang it man! :s
Bought SM E10M in hope of their mic working on our device.
It doesn't :x

@'cooleagle' why is it that it works on s2 and not on our device?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
@3 Doors Down:

I'm just going to quote what josjator has written below:

So I got this i9103 phone. A very interesting phone that has been providing me lots of fun in xda. But my first experience with its audio quality was horrible. It sounded like jumping cans with its stock headphones. I thought maybe the phone had the same i9100 Yamaha DAC or maybe those stock headphones were crap, even they looked identical to the i9000 ones (except for the jack strips color). BTW they don't work with our phone, as they are OMTP jack wiring, and the Galaxy R is CTIA. You can see the differences here:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/31455

Snip snip

I hope this helps you to choose your headphones with mic. :)

3 Doors Down

Mar 6, 2012
Mumbai/Thane
:/ either selling them or returning them back :s

Btw, voodoo is supposed to improve sound quality right?
How do I improve the sound output through our jack.
I can barely hear any difference between stock and voodoo sound settings :banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

bhargav143

Mar 6, 2011
Berhampur

No sorry.. Forgot to mention the brand and model..:eek:

Btw.. Its sony mh750 it comes with few sony xperia devices.. I dont remember the make though...

The shopkeeper quoted me 1400 as there was only one stock.... I took it by paying 1300 after a bit of bargaining.. Although its the MRP I guess...

But... it sounds great.. Now.. I dont need to set the equalizer to too highs or too lows.. Awesome mids as well... Perfect sound...:thumbup:

Way better than stock ones.... And even those with Note2.. I compared head to head with those that come with note2..
But.. It gave lot more bass and highs... I personally felt its better....

Edit: It also comes with a crystal mic.. It works great.. Lot better than any handsfree mic I have used so far.. Its also advertised by sony.. That it contains a special mic...
And.. The buttion or spliter size i a bit large which is just becoz of the special mic present in it...

Guys go for it.. Its a great value for money... Al we all know.. Sony is the music beast...

None is better than sony...(my personal opinion)...

Last edited:

Adikbzik

Aug 23, 2012
Cracow
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
So its fully compatibile with our Galaxy R? I love Sony and ill buy one of these.

Edit: I just get them. Starting to test. Sound is really better than on stock ones.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ordered new Earphones (IEM) SoundMagic ES18

Just ordered these on Flipkart for 560 bucks with cash on delivery...:p

Pretty good reviews and quite cheap too. If you don't care about the mic (I don't) you should really go for these!

soundmagic-es-18-275x275-imad8dgzzjyppvh5.jpeg

Thnx!!
    I have Soundmagic PL21 :eek:

soundmagicpl21400x300.jpg

After burn-in for around 50 hrs loudness has increased, it gives very clear sound, Bass is good and impactful, It has very good built quality, shells are aluminium, they are very light in weight and comfortable to ears.Overall Rich sound, decent soundstage, price worthy and most important they are very comfortable.

Accessories : Silicone single-flange (4 sizes) and foam (3 sets) tips, pleather carrying pouch, set of rubber cable guides, and shirt clip.
    Beats earphone + Poweramp + Voodoo
    Hearing Kumki songs :)

uploadfromtaptalk1357584837162.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium

No sorry.. Forgot to mention the brand and model..:eek:

Btw.. Its sony mh750 it comes with few sony xperia devices.. I dont remember the make though...

The shopkeeper quoted me 1400 as there was only one stock.... I took it by paying 1300 after a bit of bargaining.. Although its the MRP I guess...

But... it sounds great.. Now.. I dont need to set the equalizer to too highs or too lows.. Awesome mids as well... Perfect sound...:thumbup:

Way better than stock ones.... And even those with Note2.. I compared head to head with those that come with note2..
    But.. It gave lot more bass and highs... I personally felt its better....

Edit: It also comes with a crystal mic.. It works great.. Lot better than any handsfree mic I have used so far.. Its also advertised by sony.. That it contains a special mic...
    And.. The buttion or spliter size i a bit large which is just becoz of the special mic present in it...

Guys go for it.. Its a great value for money... Al we all know.. Sony is the music beast...

None is better than sony...(my personal opinion)...

Yes, I received them three days ago :). Still getting used to them to give you a fair review, not biased by the typical "because I paid for them".

I can tell you that they have a very good flat response by now. Will update on weekend.