[ROM] CM9 4.0.4 Kang | v0.3 | Working FFC/Camcorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bracketslash

Oct 1, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Saw that there weren't many CM9 kangs with working camera and dialer, so I figured I might as well try to help out.

I'd just like to point out that I'm a "beginner" developer, having only basic knowledge of AOSP, etc. I can try to fix problems, but I love it when people help me. I'd like to get everything to get to a "we all help each other" stage, but I guess that won't happen :p

That being said, please help me to help you. I'd like to learn, and I'm sure you would too. If you know solutions to problems, post them here. If you have a problem that you need solved, maybe someone can help.

I'm not responsible for what these files do to your phone, but I sure hope that nothing bad happens!​

Changelog
April 8th
- v0.3: CM9 resync, latest SKIA library for added butter, and a working camcorder (480p)

March 29th
- v0.1: Cherry-picked camera fixes, liboverlay fixes, dialer fixes, initial 4.0.4 merge.
- v0.2: KANG -> bracketkang, Add support for Android encryption, reserved final 16kb of /data for encryption footer, forced recovery to reserve the final 16kb of the data partition, fixed FFC (now shows right-side-up)

Not working:
You tell me!

Downloads
ROM:

• MOD EDIT : LINKS REMOVED FROM THE OP, TO PREVENT FUTURE ISSUES
Directions
  1. Format cache and system
  2. Flash the rom, let it boot up
  3. OPTIONAL: Flash aeroevan's latest ICS kernel (has smartassv2 kernel, highly recommended), clear dalvik cache and format cache, let it boot up
  4. Reboot into recovery, flash gapps, clear dalvik cache and format cache, let it boot up
  5. Done!

MMS Fix
Navigate to Settings->More (Under Networks)->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names->Menu Button->New
Fill in with this info:

Name: Verizon
APN: internet
MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Then, press the menu button, and press save.

Credits
  • CyanogenMod Team
  • aeroevan
  • HTC
  • AOSP and all developers

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelmo88

Aug 10, 2011
Arizona
I've been running v0.3 with Aero's kernal for a few days now as my DD. Best ICS Rom I've tried so far! Great work!

haoyong

Jan 16, 2008
Oooh, looks promising. Does the new kernel take care of the multi-touch issues that had previously been seen?

dirkdigles

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
If I'm running one of Aero's cm9 roms, can I do a simple wipe of cache/davlik and install?

I read in the RW thread that you can do a simple wipe if installing v0.1. True? (I'd just prefer not to load up everything again, but if need dictates I will).

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
If I'm running one of Aero's cm9 roms, can I do a simple wipe of cache/davlik and install?

I read in the RW thread that you can do a simple wipe if installing v0.1. True? (I'd just prefer not to load up everything again, but if need dictates I will).

As always. Wiping is recommended. You can flash over but do not report bugs till you have tried a complete wipe first.

This is almost always the case with any rom.

Dear Inc2 owners..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068236

btw..

su
killall drmserver

dirkdigles

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
Just flashed over Aero's 4/7 with this v0.3, only wiping cache & davlik. Everything seems fine thus far ...

Except no rotating softkeys !! :( So sad

kilrain

Apr 4, 2009
Installed V.3, kernal, gapps.

Everything looks awesome, so far these are my only problems-
-Speaker phone doesn't seem to work, at least I can't get it to.
-MMS, "can't add image to this message" - will be testing more with this, could be my end.
** This was me trying to send a picture from the gallery that was actually online, not sure how to do that or if its possible but a pic that is on the phone sent just fine **

Last edited:

kilrain

Apr 4, 2009
Alright I spoke too soon, the picture messaging doesn't seem to be working it just keeps sending so far.

Card83

May 3, 2011
Sacramento
Downloading now, I'll report on my findings later tonight. But the way I see it, more options are always better than fewer options when it comes to Rom choices.

kilrain

Apr 4, 2009
The only problems i have are the same as a llot of people on other roms, if I use the FFC at all then the camcorder doesn't work for a while, usually a reboot. Otherwise a great rom, I'll be using it for a while to see if anything comes up.

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Wow. Very cool. May have to try this on my girls INC2. Thanks. Is there still like a theme app/applier like on CM7?

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7

Card83

May 3, 2011
Sacramento
Wow. Very cool. May have to try this on my girls INC2. Thanks. Is there still like a theme app/applier like on CM7?

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7

Yes and No. The feature looks like it has been built in, but has yet to be implemented. So the option is there in the Settings menu, but when you tap, it just says "Temporary placeholder until functionality merged."

My guess is that it will be included in a future build somewhere down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saw that there weren't many CM9 kangs with working camera and dialer, so I figured I might as well try to help out.

I'd just like to point out that I'm a "beginner" developer, having only basic knowledge of AOSP, etc. I can try to fix problems, but I love it when people help me. I'd like to get everything to get to a "we all help each other" stage, but I guess that won't happen :p

That being said, please help me to help you. I'd like to learn, and I'm sure you would too. If you know solutions to problems, post them here. If you have a problem that you need solved, maybe someone can help.

I'm not responsible for what these files do to your phone, but I sure hope that nothing bad happens!​

Changelog
    April 8th
    - v0.3: CM9 resync, latest SKIA library for added butter, and a working camcorder (480p)

March 29th
    - v0.1: Cherry-picked camera fixes, liboverlay fixes, dialer fixes, initial 4.0.4 merge.
    - v0.2: KANG -> bracketkang, Add support for Android encryption, reserved final 16kb of /data for encryption footer, forced recovery to reserve the final 16kb of the data partition, fixed FFC (now shows right-side-up)

Not working:
    You tell me!

Downloads
    ROM:

• MOD EDIT : LINKS REMOVED FROM THE OP, TO PREVENT FUTURE ISSUES
    Directions
    1. Format cache and system
    2. Flash the rom, let it boot up
    3. OPTIONAL: Flash aeroevan's latest ICS kernel (has smartassv2 kernel, highly recommended), clear dalvik cache and format cache, let it boot up
    4. Reboot into recovery, flash gapps, clear dalvik cache and format cache, let it boot up
    5. Done!

MMS Fix
    Navigate to Settings->More (Under Networks)->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names->Menu Button->New
    Fill in with this info:

Name: Verizon
    APN: internet
    MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Then, press the menu button, and press save.

Credits
    • CyanogenMod Team
    • aeroevan
    • HTC
    • AOSP and all developers
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1134451&page=36
    Post #354 for all that want .1111 radio.

Please hit thanks for those that were nice enough to upload the radios for us in that thread.
    Updated OP with MMS fix.
    glad you guys are liking it!