[Q] SGS2 Cant text or call issue

Search This thread

marc_logie

Mar 15, 2014
Hi guys
I have a really annoying issue with my galaxy s2. It seems to be stuck on emergency calls only and will not let me send texts, call people, etc. I have tried everything- restore stock firmware, factory reset, repair apps and nothing has worked. My IMEI number is not null and it matches the one on my phones box. I dont know what else to try so any help would be very much appreciated :)

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Carrier-side I reckon. Call them to ensure there's nothing at their end responsible. Given what you're already tried, and given your IMEI hasn't gone away, seems a bit curious you'd lose connectivity all of a sudden like that (unless it's a hardware issue).

marc_logie

Mar 15, 2014
Carrier-side I reckon. Call them to ensure there's nothing at their end responsible. Given what you're already tried, and given your IMEI hasn't gone away, seems a bit curious you'd lose connectivity all of a sudden like that (unless it's a hardware issue).

I checked and there is no carrier issue and it works fine in other phones

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
In case and if you're using stock firmware:
1. Boot into Recovery Mode
2. Perform a full factory reset by wiping /data partition.
3. Reboot and see if it fixes the problem
However, try and use a custom firmware in case your OS is causing the problem. When it comes to me, the hardware doesn't have to be necessarily damaged or affected in such a case since the phone app is on emergency calls, so it's fully accessible. I recommend checking the app settings again (maybe tapped on something accidently), but nevertheless, I prefer trying a custom Rom to verify that it's a software issue, or simply flash your stock firmware through ODIN to fix any issue if persisted.