Camera failed warning

Search This thread
Jun 6, 2012
Just to let you all know who are curious as to who is experiencing this fault, i have just recieved the dreaded warning. got my phone 3 days ago from carphone warehouse in plymouth uk, unlocked. seems a pretty widespread fault. mass recall????:crying:

Stiflerlv

Apr 9, 2010
Any info on which models you can get this problem?

I had similar error yesterday untill I rebooted my phone. Thought its problem with ART...

D33KK

Sep 20, 2009
Any info on which models you can get this problem?

I had similar error yesterday untill I rebooted my phone. Thought its problem with ART...

I'm on the G900F and occasionally get the camera failed warning. A reboot always fixes it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

LotoTutu

Dec 30, 2013
Just to let you all know who are curious as to who is experiencing this fault, i have just recieved the dreaded warning. got my phone 3 days ago from carphone warehouse in plymouth uk, unlocked. seems a pretty widespread fault. mass recall????:crying:

Make sure you not set the phone in save model.
If you use the Go Flash Light App, unload it
If it still not work, you'd better send it to Samsung center for change.
Or you can try to boot the phone.

daoom

Mar 28, 2008
Montreal
I had "Warning Camera Failed" problem on my SM-G900SW (S5 in Canada), along with some other weird problems.

After reading an announcement from Samsung that the problem is ROM related download the stack image for my device/provider from Samfirmware and re-flashed the phone.

The problem went away, and so did some other issues.

This is definitely a software issue IMO.

jopat

May 25, 2014
I've read that it only happens to US version of the phone when the user installs another camera app.

daoom

Mar 28, 2008
Montreal
I had "Warning Camera Failed" problem on my SM-G900SW (S5 in Canada), along with some other weird problems.

After reading an announcement from Samsung that the problem is ROM related download the stack image for my device/provider from Samfirmware and re-flashed the phone.

The problem went away, and so did some other issues.

This is definitely a software issue IMO.

To add to this, after I flashed the stock firmware everything was fine for a few days until suddenly I was unable to turn on Bluetooth. So the camera still worked, but bluetooth stopped working.

I took the phone back to the store, showed them the problem and exchanged. In the process of exchanging it I did a factory reset to remove personal data. When the reset was done, I turned it on to make sure my accounts were gone, and lo and behold the camera and bluetooth worked again.

I still went through with the exchange since this does seem like a problem related to the storage memory becoming corrupted after a bit of use.

I've had the new one for 3 days, and so far no problems.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

I've read that it only happens to US version of the phone when the user installs another camera app.

Seeing as I'm Canadian, nope.