Orbot?

Search This thread

DKS1282FOREVER

Jan 4, 2012
Hello, Im trying to use Orbot but my Ip doesnt change. It doesnt matter if I have Tor Everything checked or if I select apps to tor. When I start Orbot I get a warning that says "error starting transparent". (I did grant super user to Orbot)

Anything to do with an internet connection is SLOWED so greatly.

Anyone with any knowledge would be a huge help. Thank you.

punkhawaiian

Apr 21, 2007
Hilo
Hello, Im trying to use Orbot but my Ip doesnt change. It doesnt matter if I have Tor Everything checked or if I select apps to tor. When I start Orbot I get a warning that says "error starting transparent". (I did grant super user to Orbot)

What rom are you using because I am using ICS Omega and it does the same thing. It must be a problem with Orbots compatibility which is too bad.

Rooster*

Oct 30, 2010
In, Through, And Beyond

Don’t know a whole lot about it but I read somewhere that Orbot's servers are just way slow.

punkhawaiian

Apr 21, 2007
Hilo
found orbot fix

What solved it was in setting first enable transparency proxy then choose your apps you want to proxy and then check off the use default iptables option and it should work.

What solved it was in setting first enable transparency proxy then choose your apps you want to proxy and then check off the use default iptables option and it should work.

That doesn't work for me. Still getting: "WARNING: error starting transparent proxying!" I'll see if a suggestion to use the Firefox browser with the ProxyMob addon is any more successful.

punkhawaiian

Apr 21, 2007
Hilo
Sorry to here it did not work because my phone was doing he exact same thing so I uninstalled it but then gave it another try and it has worked since. I just played with those settings a little and it started working. I am using dolphin mini browser with success and my rom is Omega series 11.1 with latest SUCK kernal 3.0.15

biofilter69

Nov 13, 2007
Had the same issue, here is how i fixed it and have used multiple rom/kernel combinations with no issue.

Download droidwall from the market, run it one time (don't know if you have to do this but whatever)

Then I used es file explorer to navigate to
/data/data/com.googlecode.droidwall.free/app_bin/

copy iptables_armv5

now navigate to
/data/data/org.torproject.android/app_bin/

paste iptables_armv5

rename iptables to iptables.old

rename iptables_armv5 to iptables

reboot and profit.