The Waiting Room - Off-Topic Chat

Search This thread

edditnyc

Jun 29, 2012
New York
www.eddit.net
Omg I'm so happy I got this phone in a trade! Straight up for my insurance replacement GS4. My trade partner was in the same boat, last year's gs3 pooped out and they gave him a One instead of a GS4. I don't get why AT&T has to be such a douchebag about it. Oh well that's why we got craigslist! :cool:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

aleki2424

Oct 14, 2008
bit the bullet

I have never in my 8 years bought a phone on contract and always paid full price for my smartphones.
Super excited to be back on HTC. I was a very early adopter of their phones, including P4300 that run Win 5, almost 8 years ago . I dropped HTC for Samsung, most recently an i9100 SGS 2 that worked perfectly (even recovered it from water damage twice!!) until crapping out at the lake:eek:

Well, I finally bit the bullet, just in time for football season and currently waiting on a black 64GB One. Not sure I will root this phone unless the bloatware is bad. Perhaps someone can direct me to helpful links on cleaning that stuff up

edditnyc

Jun 29, 2012
New York
www.eddit.net
I gotta say considering how much stuff is compatible with m7att on the general M7 (UL) forum, there's not nearly enough attention diverted that way. I thought development was oddly stunted around here and certain topics like S-OFF, SuperCID, firmware updates and hboot mods were strangely absent and not clearly noted in the Roll Up thread. Unless you go straight to the AIO tool or pester someone here you'll find that info hard to come by. I prefer research on my own and also handle command line prompts which is what I ended up doing once I finally wandered over to the general M7 forums. That completely changed my perspective on the current state of our development. It was like being a kid in a candy store. I stayed up till the sun was creeping up messing with my phone and all the new tweaks, mods, etc. Wife must have thought I was nuts.

Anyway just wanted to drop a note in case anyone else felt the same way. I know for CyanogenMod in particular, their thread belongs here on the AT&T forums since there are separate builds for T-Mobile and Sprint. As for Android Development, I think more people should be sent straight to the link above or at least visit this page to see how compatible our AT&T model is with the rest of the ROMs available:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2223236

Not a knock on the work or threads already posted here of course. I respect everyone's work and the time and effort spent making the One better.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

hey how easy is to s-off the new one 64gb att?

As long as it's not on hboot 1.54, it should be easy using revone here or here using the AIO tool.

Reactions: Thomasfoolery

InventedTiME

May 7, 2012
Madison
www.google.com
I gotta say considering how much stuff is compatible with m7att on the general M7 (UL) forum, there's not nearly enough attention diverted that way. I thought development was oddly stunted around here and certain topics like S-OFF, SuperCID, firmware updates and hboot mods were strangely absent and not clearly noted in the Roll Up thread. Unless you go straight to the AIO tool or pester someone here you'll find that info hard to come by. I prefer research on my own and also handle command line prompts which is what I ended up doing once I finally wandered over to the general M7 forums. That completely changed my perspective on the current state of our development. It was like being a kid in a candy store. I stayed up till the sun was creeping up messing with my phone and all the new tweaks, mods, etc. Wife must have thought I was nuts.

Anyway just wanted to drop a note in case anyone else felt the same way. I know for CyanogenMod in particular, their thread belongs here on the AT&T forums since there are separate builds for T-Mobile and Sprint. As for Android Development, I think more people should be sent straight to the link above or at least visit this page to see how compatible our AT&T model is with the rest of the ROMs available:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2223236

Not a knock on the work or threads already posted here of course. I respect everyone's work and the time and effort spent making the One better.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

As long as it's not on hboot 1.54, it should be easy using revone here or here using the AIO tool.

I tried getting s-off on hboot 1.44 with revone for two days and finally just gave up on my 32GB T-Mobile M7.... Took a day to get past error 1 and gave up after a day of error 2, my reception is pretty decent where I live anyway so the latest radio isn't that huge a deal for me..... but hate giving up on anything. Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thomasfoolery

Nov 7, 2013
What does upgrading hboot even accomplish? Seems like too much trouble

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

I tried getting s-off on hboot 1.44 with revone for two days and finally just gave up on my 32GB T-Mobile M7.... Took a day to get past error 1 and gave up after a day of error 2, my reception is pretty decent where I live anyway so the latest radio isn't that huge a deal for me..... but hate giving up on anything. Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Worked for me in a few tries. Failed maybe 5-10 times then all of a sudden poof it worked. There might have been done logic behind it but I don't remember/its over my head

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
Looking for honest opinion. I have a trade offer, HTC one for my gs4. I'm yet to actually play with one but I'm sure they're nice phones. The only problem I have with my gs4 is the looked boot loader deal. Maybe I'll ask for a bucks on top of the trade if I do so.

brought to you by my not so sexy GS4 MF3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so great news went online to htcdev.com and TOTALLY unocked my bootloader tonight. pics to prove!

first pic taken from my computer/tv which shows the step to unlock. next pic is where the phone itself prompted me to unlock it and all the stuff that went along with it (full wipe btw!) and last but not least, bootloader unlock at the top of the screen :)

And I am in cwm and rooted :) the methods for the international version work for us too!! Pics for the non believers Lol
    Did you lose the apps that the international version did when unlocking? I believe it was the flashlight, ringtone trimmer, sound recorder and calculator?

yup and then I got an OTA update earlier today and failed the verification check so it didn't do it.
    Awesome. Could you run this command fastboot getvar all and post the results here, or over here in mikes thread? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2223236&page=3
    That would help tremendously to figure out what the ATT MID number is. Thanks and Congrats! lol

fastboot getvar all
    INFOversion: 0.5
    INFOversion-bootloader: 1.44.0000
    INFOversion-baseband: 4A.13.3231.20
    INFOversion-cpld: None
    INFOversion-microp: None
    INFOversion-main: 1.26.502.6
    INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
    INFOserialno: HT33TW903259
    INFOimei: MOD EDIT: Don't post your IMEI.
    INFOmeid: 00000000000000
    INFOproduct: m7_ul
    INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
    INFOmodelid: PN0712000
    INFOcidnum: CWS__001
    INFObattery-status: good
    INFObattery-voltage: 4258mV
    INFOpartition-layout: Generic
    INFOsecurity: on
    INFObuild-mode: SHIP
    INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
    getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
    finished. total time: 0.042s

this is what I am getting.
    The logo is that big of a deal? It's one of the least obtrusive they've ever done.
    Finally got the seeding device in our store. Was able to play with it most of the day. Pretty much sold on it. I will wait for the black model though.

C4822A4B-BF4B-490F-A8E8-AB0342405CFE-2003-000000F2AED2F9E5_zps7eade216.jpg

111EDFAD-B172-4FCC-9892-EDAC3AC778A4-2003-000000F2D3DAFDEB_zpsccac02f9.jpg

Put it on the samsung stand just cos:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium