[APP] WidgetLocker Lockscreen replacement

Search This thread

elburna

Jun 24, 2009
Nice app, love this thing. I saw it explained on another thread on here and decided to get it. Been using it for about a week now and love it.
one question though, how do I enable clicking the widget and editing it after I disabled clicking that widget (whoops hahaha)

I swore there was a way to edit them still but cant find it

thanks

Hold the widget in editing mode ;)

...via Tapatalk

caffeinated chris

Jul 14, 2010
New York
Hold the widget in editing mode ;)

...via Tapatalk

thanks man. I've tried that multiple times. I disabled touch so that i wouldnt accidently press them. but now i cant edit the colors or font or anythng of the widgets. when i long press it brings up the resizing the widget feature and thats it, in both editing mode and on the lockscreen. it allows me to press the top right corner to enable touch, but even after i turn on that it still will not allow me to access the settings to each widget i made. grrr

thanks for the quick response d-('-')-b

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
thanks man. I've tried that multiple times. I disabled touch so that i wouldnt accidently press them. but now i cant edit the colors or font or anythng of the widgets. when i long press it brings up the resizing the widget feature and thats it, in both editing mode and on the lockscreen. it allows me to press the top right corner to enable touch, but even after i turn on that it still will not allow me to access the settings to each widget i made. grrr

thanks for the quick response d-('-')-b
When you're long pressing, you're in the program, and not on the actual lockscreen, right?

lambasurm

Sep 21, 2008
Is there a way to use i.e. QuickPic as the lockscreen wallpaper changer instead of the stock 3d Gallery?? I think the 3D Gallery is way to slow and hard to work with! When I try to change wallpaper in widgetlocker I do not get any choice of choosing which gallery app I would like to use (but I do in other apps). Would really love to be able to disable the 3D Gallery..

Using Oxygen 2.0.1 on a HTC Desire =)

you can change the wallpaper manually by copying the desired image on the sdcard ;)
just rename it to temp-wlocker-wallpaper.png (yes, it has to be .png and the exact size of the screen)

i know it's even more frustrating than using 3dgallery, but at least you'll get the size and quality spot on... always!

Reactions: peterbonge

ciprigeorgiu

Apr 27, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
is there a way of keeping enabled the sense lock and not having issues at unlock(several unlockin sounds and a little lag). I would like to use widgetlocker and still have the sense "slide down to answer" method.

formicae

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
I'm running into an issue where my screen dims after the WidgetLocker-set timeout, but never actually turns off. Anyone had any luck fixing this? The option to have the screen stay on while charging is unchecked in my device's settings, and besides, this happens with the phone unplugged, too.

Saw a post about this a few pages back, but figured I'd bump the issue since no one seems to have had anything to say about it.

Edit: A second reboot seems to have fixed it. Hmm.

Last edited:

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
On my new Dell Streak7, Widgetlocker was somehow bypassing the stock lockscreen for a while. I rebooted it and now can't get it to do it anymore. I never left easy wake mode enabled, and would rather not. I have root access, and am used to not seeing the stock lockscreen on my Nexus One... Is there something I can do to make this work consistently? I have no lockscreen security set up, it is just the stock slider that I am seeing after unlocking Widgetlocker.
Thanks.

kevin@TeslaCoil

May 19, 2010
Chicago
teslacoilsw.com
is there a way of keeping enabled the sense lock and not having issues at unlock(several unlockin sounds and a little lag). I would like to use widgetlocker and still have the sense "slide down to answer" method.

Disable your system unlock sounds (System Settings > Sounds > Screen lock sounds)

On my new Dell Streak7, Widgetlocker was somehow bypassing the stock lockscreen for a while. I rebooted it and now can't get it to do it anymore. I never left easy wake mode enabled, and would rather not. I have root access, and am used to not seeing the stock lockscreen on my Nexus One... Is there something I can do to make this work consistently? I have no lockscreen security set up, it is just the stock slider that I am seeing after unlocking Widgetlocker.
Thanks.

Curious. Just to be sure, if you have "Retain System Keyguard" on in advanced settings you'll want to turn that off?

Otherwise, do you not have a sim card in the device? Or a pin on the SIM?

And can you try disabling and reenabling WidgetLocker? Also can you test with Easy Wake Mode just to see if that makes the difference?

hayden1987

Mar 29, 2010
Toronto
just bought this app and I'm really loving it! I would really like to see some options for tweaking the haptic feedback since I'd really like to increase the haptic feedback when using the sense slider :)

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Disable your system unlock sounds (System Settings > Sounds > Screen lock sounds)

Curious. Just to be sure, if you have "Retain System Keyguard" on in advanced settings you'll want to turn that off?

Otherwise, do you not have a sim card in the device? Or a pin on the SIM?

And can you try disabling and reenabling WidgetLocker? Also can you test with Easy Wake Mode just to see if that makes the difference?

I do not have "Retain System Keyguard" enabled, and no there is no SIM in this device. Enabling "Easy Wake Mode" does the trick, but isn't that detrimental to battery life (doesn't it create a wakelock?). I turned "Easy Wake Mode" off, and disabled/re-enabled Widgetlocker, and the same behavior is seen - the stock lockscreen shows after Widgetlocker. Right now, I have no choice but to use "Easy Wake Mode" if I want to hide the stock lockscreen.

beardedspoooon

Sep 5, 2010
Is it normal for WidgetLocker to request SuperUser every few minutes?

I searched SuperUser in this thread and didn't see any other posts aside from a few asking about it no longer requesting SuperUser on boot.

20 times in 17 minute time span for example. Is there a setting that causes this, is it normal?

Thanks!

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA

I searched SuperUser in this thread and didn't see any other posts aside from a few asking about it no longer requesting SuperUser on boot.

20 times in 17 minute time span for example. Is there a setting that causes this, is it normal?

Thanks!
I'd say something's wrong, I get this message once after boot-up.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky

Thanks!

My guess is it is getting killed by Android. You low on memory? Task killers? You might try not hiding the Notification icon if you've set that option if all else fails, that will give it more chance to not be killed.

But if you're running a task killer, stop ;)

Reactions: beardedspoooon

can6rxw

Jan 16, 2008
This is an awesome app! I bought a copy of it for my and my wife's phone. Good job on this application!! Keep up the good work!

kevin@TeslaCoil

May 19, 2010
Chicago
teslacoilsw.com
there is no SIM in this device
Enabling "Easy Wake Mode" does the trick, but isn't that detrimental to battery life (doesn't it create a wakelock?).

Easy Wake Mode does not create a wake lock, all it does* is disable the stock lock screen, and the stock lock screen is normally responsible for blocking the volume buttons from waking the device.
(* Okay if you have pin/password it does some tricks, but without security it simply disables it).

WidgetLocker only holds wake locks for a few seconds at a time, right around screen on or screen off just to give it some time to work.

Android behaves a bit funny when there's not a sim card in a device. It more aggressively wants to show the stock lock screen because that tells you there's no sim card. I've known about this conflict but it rarely effects actual users as they tend to be using phone with sim cards. I ended up putting dummy sim cards (no service) into my test phones to avoid it. I'll keep this in mind (and have one idea that might work), but for now I recommend either throwing a spare sim card in there or using easy wake mode. Airplane mode, and then reenabling wifi, might work also, however then every time you reboot you'll have to manually turn wifi back on.

No. WidgetLocker requests it when first starting, if you have root helper enabled. There's also a special case on Samsung devices, due to buggy Samsung firmware corrupting app data and WL detecting this and using root to fix it, but it's a one time operation only (Unless you deny the request).

But if you're running a task killer, stop ;)
This.

Reactions: beardedspoooon

Jonigigolo

Feb 11, 2011
I really like your app, and it's very useful since my power button broke down! But now, with the last update, I LOVE it! It's amazing, please don't stop updating it!
Thanks for your effort!

jtkes693

Dec 10, 2010
Any chance in the future you can implement a lock system I like using a pin password on my dinc but on cm7 and miui if i use a pin the stock lock screen does not get by passed at its annoying to have to unlock to lock screens

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WidgetLocker is a paid app, this thread is to be used for support. Also feel free to email me.

I'm the developer of WidgetLocker, which is a lockscreen replacement with emphasis on customization. Primarily by allowing you to place standard Android widgets (or shortcuts) on the lockscreen. It allows you to drag-and-drop similar to how the home screen works. It also includes Custom Sliders, which allow you to add extra sliders to the lockscreen for whatever you want. There's built in actions for things like silence/vibrate, brightness, quick camera mode, dialer. But you can also use any shortcut, such as direct dial or any application on your phone.

WidgetLocker_grass.png

Frequently Asked Questions
    Additional FAQs:
    When will the next update be released?
    Sorry, I cannot give ETAs. Updates take a lot of time and I try to squeeze a lot into an update. Please be patient.
    I'm having a really weird problem?
    Can you send a bug report via Settings > Report Bug so I have some more information? (And please briefly restate the problem to remind me what the report is in regard to).
    2.4beta3 Feb 17, 2013
    • Public Beta
    • New in 2.4beta:
    • Bezel Swipe left for apps
    • Bezel Swipe right for camera
    • Jellybean clock font option
    • Redesigned settings page
    • Fixes for home button on some devices
    • Optimizations
    • No longer supports Android 2.1 and 2.2 (Android 2.3+ required)
    • New since 2.4beta2:
    • Root Settings to hide notification bar clock and navbar google now.
    • Fixes

Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental or Labs > Beta Updates > Public, then Settings > check for updates
    I've released 2.4beta4 which includes fixes for the add bezel app FC and a handful of other minor FC fixes.

To enable beta access Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental or Labs > Beta Access > Public

Then

Settings > Check for updates
    WidgetLocker 2.3.2beta1 Oct 3 2012
    Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental > Beta Updates > Public, then Settings > Check for updates
    • Fix inconsistent haptic feedback on Jellybean slider
    • Fix "Always unlock to home" showing previous app on ICS/JB

Unfortunately the back button on Android is inconsistent. WidgetLocker cannot fix that and it would be well beyond the scope of WidgetLocker to try. If there was a setting (I'm not even sure what it'd be named or claim to do), things would likely be even less consistent and the areas that are already inconsistent would be emphasized even more.
    1) From launcher, open browser, lock screen, unlock to camera, back button. Does that go back to the browser or the home screen?
    2) From launcher, open gallery, lock screen, unlock to camera, open gallery from there, back button, back button. Gallery back to camera back to gallery again? Throw the launcher in there somewhere?
    3) Some app overrides the back button to always go to launcher, setting is unchecked. User feels it's a bug in WidgetLocker.
    4) Some app overrides the back button to not work at all. User feels it's a bug in WidgetLocker.
    5) Unlock to WidgetLocker settings, back button. Back to widgetlocker or launcher/previous app?
    6) Open notification to app and press back button. Same behavior as unlocking to an app or different?
    7) Notification to app or unlock to app actually opens a dialog box, WidgetLocker is still visible but in the background. Back button returns to WidgetLocker or launcher/previous app?

I'm not actually asking for answer to these, but pointing out that having WidgetLocker try to make the back button do something other than going back will make things even more inconsistent and isn't some easy no brain that I can include an option for and please everyone.
    Obviously I feel the current behavior is the correct behavior. There is a button to go back and there is a button to go home, throughout all apps in Android the home button goes home (unless locked) and the back button hopefully goes back but has some inconsistencies depending on the app you are currently using. WidgetLocker 2.4 will not include any changes to this behavior. I can't yet say if a future version would try to include an option or not.

Camera w/ security versus camera w/o security

Android 4.2's stock camera finally includes a special version that can be launched on top of the system security without entering a code. WidgetLocker will use this if you have security and have such a camera app (basically just Android 4.2 users, but potentially a third party app as well). Clearing the defaults (note: defaults not data) for the Camera and/or Gallery should reset Android's default for the secure camera intent.