Who's left?

Search This thread

drmidnight

May 26, 2008
Still have mine, been my daily for three years now. Running my own little cooked up version of a stripped down CM7.2 for about a year with no issues.

It does what I need it to do as a phone so I have no reason to shell out some cash to upgrade and I will probably have it until it dies on me.

aplsux

Sep 7, 2011
Agreed, belongings have nothing to do with the person you are, but that doesn't mean you should limit yourself to your material belongings when it truly serves no benefit upon doing so. With that said, I f***ing love my brand new Nexus 5 =)
I'm a 20 year-old old man. I don't believe my battered G2X limits me more than a Nexus 5. And you are absolutely right, we should really be able to deliniate the two better.
Whaterver keeps you moist.

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
My LTE data and snap dragon processor keep me reeeaaalllll moist. And the wealth of custom development keep me moist also. Oh and the beautiful screen resolution gets me pretty moist. The huge improvement in audio gets me a little moist, not too much but a little. 4.4.2 KitKat gets me SUPER moist I just love looking at it and getting moist over and over until I'm dripping. The battery life......soooooo moisty. Camera quality anyone? Man is it good to be moist.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

fortissimo

Jun 10, 2007
I still have my P999DW from wind. Recently loaned to a friend to take on a trip to Asia it has 2100. Just keep it as a backup. On weapon G2X ROM as I found it most stable it is only slightly modded from T-Mobile ROM.

Hardware wise it's not weak. My Asus TF-101 and Sony tablet P are also Tegra 2 and are ok on performance, but that they have ICS update.

Will never buy another LG phone and any phones from wind except dirt cheap ones.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

TwitchyEye

Jun 23, 2012
Dallas
Is there any hope of someone porting this over from the p990?
Gonna buy a new phone soon and want to use this one with new software, even if it doesn't have radios working. :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2551925

I think you can use one of their nvflash tools to reformat the g2x and then you can use their ROMs...without radio of course.

Actually, I never tried this but I have seen several people who accidentally did. Take my dicey advice with a grain of salt.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vmartinez39

May 4, 2011
Still have it as backup device. I use it as tablet at home to watch videos and youtube.

Android Google apps have had many updates and changes that the 500MB or memory is not enough to run comfortably. Need to kill apps manually to get it stable. This phone is cool, know all the little tips and tricks to make it work. However I'd never give it to anyone because it will drive them nuts with the minor issues. CM7 is stable but has its little bugs. Not used stock ROM in ages.

Nexus 5 is my main device. Funny, I promised never to get another LG device but can't deny the quality of the Nexus 4 or Nexus 5.

jonmyers

Jan 22, 2013
Still Here

I still remember all those thanks people were throwing at everything when they posted the smallest news... Lol.

I'm still here and will be until the end of the year, probably. Running rooted stock GB 2.3.4, using Swapps as my app manager and Go Launcher as my launcher. Link2SD is also a great app if your external SD card is large enough. This phone does everything I need at this point. If we can eventually upgrade the OS to Android 4.0+ then great, but it's not that big a deal for me.

Last edited:

K.wayne_m3

Feb 12, 2011
My LTE data and snap dragon processor keep me reeeaaalllll moist. And the wealth of custom development keep me moist also. Oh and the beautiful screen resolution gets me pretty moist. The huge improvement in audio gets me a little moist, not too much but a little. 4.4.2 KitKat gets me SUPER moist I just love looking at it and getting moist over and over until I'm dripping. The battery life......soooooo moisty. Camera quality anyone? Man is it good to be moist.

LMAO.... It ain't easy being moist. I jumped ship for the sgs3 a year ago. Really wanted more development. I think tegra and there closed source limited what was an awesome device.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

LMAO.... It ain't easy being moisty. I jumped ship for the sgs3 a year ago. Really wanted more development. I think tegra and there closed source limited what was an awesome device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - 50% of paint on metal stripe around phone is gone
    - the back plastic plate that says "8M" fell off, I superglued it
    - microUSB port looks scratched around the perimeter
    - slot of the backplate looks uneven from billions of removals

will be 3 years this summer, still refusing to get rid of it. I will use till it vomits in my face.
    - 50% of paint on metal stripe around phone is gone
    - the back plastic plate that says "8M" fell off, I superglued it
    - microUSB port looks scratched around the perimeter
    - slot of the backplate looks uneven from billions of removals

will be 3 years this summer, still refusing to get rid of it. I will use till it vomits in my face.

You can always spend $10+ on eBay for backplate and case replacements :D

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
    You can always spend $10+ on eBay for backplate and case replacements :D

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

naah. I love this feeling - at school, I've always had the crappiest calculator, the cheapest books in terrible condition I can find with human genitals drawn on them, and getting all the scholarships and research grants. I love this way of being. I love how everyone gets their new and shiny nexus and apple, and thinking now they are ready to make some good in their lives. Your belongings have nothing to do with it.
    I still remember all those thanks people were throwing at everything when they posted the smallest news... Lol.