[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Search This thread

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
You're not the only one that is waiting for a stable ICS build for the little hero:D

Stefan:D

I wouldn't imagine that I was!

anyhow - running this and damn but I like the tron-ish new UI of ICS! cool, quite responsive overall, and very sexy!

it hasn't made any noises yet though - I'm thinking sound isn't working yet (if this was pointed out already then I'm sorry).

it keeps saying "sim card found, restart to enable data" or similar, I keep hitting that restart button and nothing happend for several times of that alert. but thsi time it did restart the phone. however I tried making a call and it still say no access.

touch scree nis great now- who cares if occasional pointer image is left behind.

phone/data are priority now, and also sound if I'm right about sound not working.

the new dialer is sexy!

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
Downloading now but will flash at a more sociable hour......... by which time it'll be fully operational.

I can live in hope I suppose. Good luck fella's.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Mediafire not allowing download. Will try again tomorrow.

aca89

Oct 6, 2009
Redmi K20 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Man, this is great. I was having second thoughts about keeping Hero but not anymore. This phone will live forever and it doesn't deserve to be sold. Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

dkelley

May 11, 2010
seriously guys - I ran alpha 2 and it was nearly as responsive as pico or other not uber fast but still usable roms. and those roms have a ton of work done to speed them up!

if this thing didn't keep popping up alerts about not having a sim card then I'd have kept it running longer so I could really get to know it... the wifi worked perfectly!

but the alert for sim issues prevents use of the rom - it keeps appearing and I can't cancel it, just have to accept it. and when it works right it actually reboots your phone (by design).

so if that sim card thing can get fixed then we'll be ready to really test this thing out. possibly... just possibly... even use the thing daily.

but again I wasn't sure about the sound output - I never heard anything but couldn't really test it properly.

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
haha I got this to boot on my pandigital novel with a lot of elbow grease. Just waiting for source to finish downloading - it's only taken me 3 or 4 days now... Anyone in a giving mood? I'd love to see what was changed to fix compiling for armv6 - or did you just compile for armv5? A repo to peruse would be very helpful

Loxxy

Dec 29, 2010
Oxford
Glassmacka alpha 2 rom installed, seriously bloody well done mate !!! :D
just need to get google accounts on there

and squeal :D :D

Last edited:

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
Seriously. It's awesome! After trying alfa 2 I'm certain that we at some point will have ICS rom stable enough for daily use. While the launcher is pretty slow, the people app (without any content :p ) is reaaaaally smooth! :D And I haven't really come across much bugs, some graphical bugs and some apps suddenly closing, but for an alfa it's aaawesome :D

S

stritfajt

seriously guys - I ran alpha 2 and it was nearly as responsive as pico or other not uber fast but still usable roms. and those roms have a ton of work done to speed them up!

if this thing didn't keep popping up alerts about not having a sim card then I'd have kept it running longer so I could really get to know it... the wifi worked perfectly!

but the alert for sim issues prevents use of the rom - it keeps appearing and I can't cancel it, just have to accept it. and when it works right it actually reboots your phone (by design).

so if that sim card thing can get fixed then we'll be ready to really test this thing out. possibly... just possibly... even use the thing daily.

but again I wasn't sure about the sound output - I never heard anything but couldn't really test it properly.

Actually, if you press outside of the message, it usually goes away. But yeah, we need a fix!

http://androidandme.com/2011/11/news/android-4-0-applications-will-have-hardware-acceleration-turned-on-by-default/

'Forced-hardware acceleration' can be turned on and off by changing "one line of xml" according to vergecast-003 (10:45)

You can also enable it from settings! It's in Settings> Developer Settings I believe. Haven't really tested if it gives us much of a speed increase. We actually don't even have proper graphics driver support yet so I doubt it!

haha I got this to boot on my pandigital novel with a lot of elbow grease. Just waiting for source to finish downloading - it's only taken me 3 or 4 days now... Anyone in a giving mood? I'd love to see what was changed to fix compiling for armv6 - or did you just compile for armv5? A repo to peruse would be very helpful

I compiled it for armv5te. I'll leave the porting of Dalvik to the Cyanogen devs! ;)

Loxxy

Dec 29, 2010
Oxford
guys my weekend is free (except kids) so if you have an pre-alpha builds you want installing and feedback given more than happy to do so.

Just stunned at what a beautiful rom it is :)

guy_smiley

Dec 26, 2008
Perth
My hero used to complain about no sim card with custom roms. My solution was to turn off the pin code. Hth

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

puppyko

Aug 14, 2010
This is real crazy! ICS on my Hero now :D

Using WiFi and the default browser to surf web. No problem at all :)

Make one call out and used my land line to make a call in to my mobile.
Was able to make call connection both times but only the earpiece on Hero could be heard......the micpiece on mobile was not functioning.
Used another mobile to send me a sms but realised there's no message app.

No camera app as well but there's Gallery :rolleyes:
Gallery was also not fully functionable anyway...photos from my SD card only partially viewable in Thumbnails view but not in full enlarge view.

Cool! The general feeling right now is that ICS on Hero is quite responsive and not draggy at all. Thanks!

S

stritfajt

This is real crazy! ICS on my Hero now :D

Using WiFi and the default browser to surf web. No problem at all :)

Make one call out and used my land line to make a call in to my mobile.
Was able to make call connection both times but only the earpiece on Hero could be heard......the micpiece on mobile was not functioning.
Used another mobile to send me a sms but realised there's no message app.

No camera app as well but there's Gallery :rolleyes:
Gallery was also not fully functionable anyway...photos from my SD card only partially viewable in Thumbnails view but not in full enlarge view.

Cool! The general feeling right now is that ICS on Hero is quite responsive and not draggy at all. Thanks!

Did you manage to make a call on this ROM?! You don't get the "You've entered a new SIM card and have to reboot"-popup all the time? Weird!

Where are you from and what's your provider?

Loxxy

Dec 29, 2010
Oxford
yep call functionality works ok

could you add the following:
messaging
google account functionality
android market
rom manager

that would be the best christmas present ever !!!

please don't take this post as arrogance, i couldnt do a better job, just really to keen to use this as my daily rom :D

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

what is the recommended method for updating between releases, in my stupidity i wiped cache and data prior to flashing rom.

Installed Market 3.3 which kicks me out of the app, due to lack of framework i guess

Last edited:

puppyko

Aug 14, 2010
Did you manage to make a call on this ROM?! You don't get the "You've entered a new SIM card and have to reboot"-popup all the time? Weird!

Where are you from and what's your provider?

I'm in Singapore and provider is SingTel.
Yup, strange that i didn't encounter the 'SIM card' prompt/reboot thing during my brief ICS spell.
But I could flash back again if you need more test feedback :D

S

stritfajt

This is very weird. I can't seem to establish a network connection. Sometimes it shows what provider I'm connected to but when I try to make a call, I'm getting told that I'm not connected to the network. I'll have to investigate this!

Could anyone who's able to make calls do a adb logcat and see if they're getting this nasty error every 15 seconds: http://pastebin.com/UDZ1n1Ji?

Last edited:

dkelley

May 11, 2010
This is very weird. I can't seem to establish a network connection. Sometimes it shows what provider I'm connected to but when I try to make a call, I'm getting told that I'm not connected to the network. I'll have to investigate this!

Could anyone who's able to make calls do a adb logcat and see if they're getting this nasty error every 15 seconds: http://pastebin.com/UDZ1n1Ji?

Everyone but loxxy has that issue plus simcard alerts and no phone or data.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congratulations, well done :D

In swedish "riktigt jävla bra, kul att du fick igång det"
    Neither did I with luck of sound in Beta 1.4. Switched back to Beta 1.3.

FYI If you would like to add a little native ICS UI for your Beta 1.3 music app, try music player for ICS by CyanogenMod team extracted from CM9 ROM.
    2sbkenr.png
    v80w2d.png

e129nk.png
    161epvl.png

1zvrfgm.png

Installation:

delete music.apk and musicfx.apk located in /system/app by using file manager like root explorer;

download the CM9 music app from http://goo.gl/CckWp;

install it like any standard apks from your sd card;

done.

It's been confirmed by me the music app itself works fine and has equalizer options and DSP configration enabled, which however, is yet to be tested since they were designed for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So if you want to modify the updater-script files to make them flashable for Hero running ICS ROMs.

Here are DSP manager install and uninstall zips (NEED MODIFYING) I found from http://sghi777.blogspot.com/2012/03/dsp-manager-music-equalizer-for-stock.html

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM.zip

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM_Uninstall.zip
    Keep the good work!

Last few days I was just about to buy a new phone (Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus) but my girlfriend convinced me that it was stupid spending €500 on a phone that does just a few things better that the one I have at the moment (Hero). She is absolutely right; I will wait patiently until the death of my Hero!

And this thread sounds like a "breeze of newness" to my old Hero. It would be really great to have ICS fairly working on those thousands still remaining Hero users...

This post doesn't actually helps any particular ROM development. Although I think a positive feedback and a slight sign of happiness brings energy and hope to the ones working on it. And it is as needed any technical knowledge :)

Thank you very much you all for your efforts.
    Flashed the previous version, will flash again once the touch screen is working :)