[Resolved] [Resolved] Blu Life Play Sim not Recognized

Search This thread

gunslinger79

Jun 9, 2014
Hi.

I recently flashed the iNfinity HD V2 rom on my Blu Life Play.
Since then I have not been able to get my sim to be recognize in the sim 2 slot.

It worked before I flashed the rom and I'm at a loss as how to resolve the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Hi.

Since then I have not been able to get my sim to be recognize in the sim 2 slot.

It worked before I flashed the rom and I'm at a loss as how to resolve the issue.

I'm no expert on this, but here is my guess.

There are 2 versions of the Blu Life Play. One of which supports 850/1900 3G bands, the other working with 850/2100. Both of these versions of your phone have 2 sim card slots. My guess would be (and odds are I am not right) is that you flashed the ROM corresponding to the opposite version of the Life Play that you have, and that caused some sort of issue. Like if you had the L100a, you might have accidentally flashed the L100i ROM, or the other way around.

Check the thread or page that you got the ROM from. That 2nd SIM card slot issue might be a known issue. Usually ROM developers will post a "What's Working" and "What's Not Working" section on the thread or page they made for their ROM. Check to see if the SIM card issue is in the "What's Not Working" section.

Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: gunslinger79

gunslinger79

Jun 9, 2014

There are 2 versions of the Blu Life Play. One of which supports 850/1900 3G bands, the other working with 850/2100. Both of these versions of your phone have 2 sim card slots. My guess would be (and odds are I am not right) is that you flashed the ROM corresponding to the opposite version of the Life Play that you have, and that caused some sort of issue. Like if you had the L100a, you might have accidentally flashed the L100i ROM, or the other way around.

Check the thread or page that you got the ROM from. That 2nd SIM card slot issue might be a known issue. Usually ROM developers will post a "What's Working" and "What's Not Working" section on the thread or page they made for their ROM. Check to see if the SIM card issue is in the "What's Not Working" section.

Thanks for the reply.

That could be a possibility.

I have gone through the thread and I don't see anything specific to my problem but something similar.
I should I have been more vigilant before I flashed.

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through the thread and I don't see anything specific to my problem but something similar.

If it is really necessary that you have the 2nd SIM card slot, just go back to the stock version of Android that came with your phone, and then from there try to get another ROM. That way, even if you are unable to find another ROM that doesn't have the 2nd SIM card issue, at least you will be running a version of Android that does support it.

Sent from my SGH-I847 using XDA Free mobile app

gunslinger79

Jun 9, 2014
If it is really necessary that you have the 2nd SIM card slot, just go back to the stock version of Android that came with your phone, and then from there try to get another ROM. That way, even if you are unable to find another ROM that doesn't have the 2nd SIM card issue, at least you will be running a version of Android that does support it.

My main issue at the moment is actually getting the phone back to stock; every time I flash it there seems to be remnants of the old rom.
I cant' seem to get it back to stock.

gunslinger79

Jun 9, 2014
I managed to get the phone back to stock including the recovery.
I still can't get the phone to recognize the sim.

After reading some threads here I think I flashed a rom for L100i instead of L100a.
I think the problem is to do with the modem.
Can anyone help me please?

gunslinger79

Jun 9, 2014
I think I have the problem narrowed down to not having a IMEI number.
I have no back up of it.
Is there any way I can get a the IMEI back on my phone?

Phone is no longer rooted and having trouble rooting again.

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
I have no back up of it.

If all you did was restore a recovery-made-backup, I don't think that will restore original baseband and stuff. If this is how you got back to stock, that means that although you are running stock BLU-Android, you are still using the broken L100i incompatible baseband.

I am not sure if this phone is compatible with ODIN, but if it is and you can find a tutorial on how to restore your L100a back to stock with ODIN then this is what you want. I am not sure what ODIN stands for, but it's a download tool used for not only restoring a phone's android operating system back to stock, but the other things that a plain old recovery-backup doesn't cover like kernel and baseband. ODIN requires a Windows PC with the correct phone drivers installed. So in this case you need the your phone's drivers from BLU on your computer, so that when you plug the phone in it is recognized as a BLU Life. Again, I am not sure if there even is an ODIN image for your phone since generally BLU phones are not that popular on XDA, but if there is then follow the instructions and use that to restore back to stock instead of just using a recovery backup.

IF YOU DO FIND AN ODIN IMAGE FOR IT, MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE OF INSTALLING THE "I" VERSION INSTEAD OF THE "A" VERSION! MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THE ODIN IMAGE IS THE EXACT ONE FOR YOUR PHONE!!!!

EDIT: I just re-read your post and realized I didn't exactly answer your question. Sorry about that.

You should do the ODIN thing I mentioned above, just to make sure that you are on the right baseband. However I do not think this restores your IMEI as well. I Google'd how to restore a lost IMEI on an Android phone and got a couple articles on how to do so. One of these articles tells that CHANGING THE IMEI OF YOUR PHONE IS ILLEGAL!!!!! However It doesn't sound like this applies to you according to what you said, because you are only trying to restore a lost IMEI number, not change an already existing one.

Have a look at this article.
Good luck! :cyclops:

Last edited:

gunslinger79

Jun 9, 2014
If all you did was restore a recovery-made-backup, I don't think that will restore original baseband and stuff. If this is how you got back to stock, that means that although you are running stock BLU-Android, you are still using the broken L100i incompatible baseband.

I am not sure if this phone is compatible with ODIN, but if it is and you can find a tutorial on how to restore your L100a back to stock with ODIN then this is what you want. I am not sure what ODIN stands for, but it's a download tool used for not only restoring a phone's android operating system back to stock, but the other things that a plain old recovery-backup doesn't cover like kernel and baseband. ODIN requires a Windows PC with the correct phone drivers installed. So in this case you need the your phone's drivers from BLU on your computer, so that when you plug the phone in it is recognized as a BLU Life. Again, I am not sure if there even is an ODIN image for your phone since generally BLU phones are not that popular on XDA, but if there is then follow the instructions and use that to restore back to stock instead of just using a recovery backup.

IF YOU DO FIND AN ODIN IMAGE FOR IT, MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE OF INSTALLING THE "I" VERSION INSTEAD OF THE "A" VERSION! MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THE ODIN IMAGE IS THE EXACT ONE FOR YOUR PHONE!!!!

EDIT: I just re-read your post and realized I didn't exactly answer your question. Sorry about that.

You should do the ODIN thing I mentioned above, just to make sure that you are on the right baseband. However I do not think this restores your IMEI as well. I Google'd how to restore a lost IMEI on an Android phone and got a couple articles on how to do so. One of these articles tells that CHANGING THE IMEI OF YOUR PHONE IS ILLEGAL!!!!! However It doesn't sound like this applies to you according to what you said, because you are only trying to restore a lost IMEI number, not change an already existing one.

All I'm trying to do is get the IMEI that came with the phone back on it; nothing illegal.

Mobile ODIN is not compatible with my device.

I would like to get back to full stock; can anyone help with that please?

gunslinger79

Jun 9, 2014
I have seen that SpFlashtool might be useful for me.
The only problem is is that I have no experience with it.
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to use it safely?

gunslinger79

Jun 9, 2014
I'm not sure if people have any interest in this, but I think I have have the problem resolved.

I flashed octarom_kk_iq4410_v3_fixed which seem to give me a baseband then I used SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 to flash a secro.img.
after all that my imei's were restored.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

I have no back up of it.