OTA Update available now with Android 4.0.4 & Sense 4.1, next Jelly Bean & Sense 4+ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

okuda1971

Apr 11, 2010
Didn't someone state that the UK release was going to be the 18th of August a while back...?? Looks more like fact now..! Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

farhanito

Aug 21, 2010
Jakarta
Why don't users that already has the OTA mirrors it to some other servers, maybe it can ease theirs... :confused:

Sent from my HTC One X

mobilemaduk

Apr 3, 2007
Sheffield
Not always the case. Three UK released the sgs2 ics update before the unbranded version. Upset a lot of people too

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

n_s_simpson

Jan 30, 2009
If HTC don't have good enough servers to cope with a European wide update, why not provide us with a manual update download? We can all just share it on forums like this and the world would be a happier place.

God damn HTC!

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
This has all happened before with the UK update situation. HTC think they have released it, but someone has messed up - again. As crazy as it sounds, I think they either have some idiot working on a server that is forgetting the UK is in Europe, or some equivalent software glitch.

I think it takes a critical mass of call centre monkeys hitting the "where is my update" script, before anyone with an uninhibited brain takes note.

no it is NOT because of that !
it is because of ****ty and crappy mobile operators in UK as everything .. lazy lazy and lazy they informing mobile manuf. that they are not ready .
not compatible..

Last edited:

mobilemaduk

Apr 3, 2007
Sheffield
Still encouraging people who are not happy with how HTC have managed this roll out to go to my website and leave a comment on my article about this. Then after the roll out is complete I will send the comments to HTC for their statement. May not change anything but they claimed to listen to customers with sense so let's see if they do actually listen. The download link for an ruu is a great idea and would help keep users like us happy.

hecatae

Jul 7, 2010
Still encouraging people who are not happy with how HTC have managed this roll out to go to my website and leave a comment on my article about this. Then after the roll out is complete I will send the comments to HTC for their statement. May not change anything but they claimed to listen to customers with sense so let's see if they do actually listen. The download link for an ruu is a great idea and would help keep users like us happy.

if only they would release it as a torrent/magnet link...

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
This has all happened before with the UK update situation. HTC think they have released it, but someone has messed up - again. As crazy as it sounds, I think they either have some idiot working on a server that is forgetting the UK is in Europe, or some equivalent software glitch.

Yup, and last time around they fed out the same BS stories about staggered updates etc., but then the truth was made clear when *all* UK users received the update on the same day.

It took weeks for the situation to be resolved last time, so I'm pessimistic, to be honest.

BATFINK74

Feb 8, 2011
cardiff
Yup, and last time around they fed out the same BS stories about staggered updates etc., but then the truth was made clear when *all* UK users received the update on the same day.

It took weeks for the situation to be resolved last time, so I'm pessimistic, to be honest.

me too bud,it doesnt bode well does it,hopefully we wake up to the new shiny update in the morning in the UK but i wouldnt hold my breath :eek:

BATFINK74

Feb 8, 2011
cardiff
Yes because if you held your breath on a HTC UK update you'd most likely die. Multiple times

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

yip either that or turn a very distinct shade of purple or look like this...

holding-breath.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AlekGare

HebeGuess

May 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Didn't someone state that the UK release was going to be the 18th of August a while back...?? Looks more like fact now..! Lol

that was xmoo stating 4.0.4 ETA on 18th AUG, obviously he is wrong now. Simply ignore anything on that days..

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

htc should put a link to the RUU on thier website immediately to appease all the pissed off people

Ha~Ha~ I can imagined if this happened. They may end up with complaints with severals users has lost their data as they cant wait and go for RUU, EVEN they provides along with clear warnings stating caused for RUU full wipe.

Master-T2006

Sep 27, 2010
Android 4.0.4 Sense 4.1

Much faster than the earlier version 4.0.3 Sense 4.0 :)

Sendt fra min HTC One X med Tapatalk2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344901810429.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344901810429.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 593
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How the Sausage is Made

Let me share with you guys what goes in to developing and testing commercial s/w. I don’t know exactly how HTC approaches it but it’s a pretty standard process.

I’d guess there are different teams that work on different components of a ROM.

Plumbing– These are the nuts and bolts that support the OS calls and include things like drivers, low-level code, and the kernel. This team also liaises with third-parties like Nvidia.

Wireless - This include the radios; cellular, BT, GPS, and Wi-Fi.

Application Layer – This includes the OS, Sense 4.0, any HTC proprietary apps, bundled third-party apps (EG: Polaris) and the integration of things like the accessories (desk dock, car dock, Media Link HD).

So to release an update, multiple teams are working on various aspects of it at the same time. Each team tests their work but can only do so much with their individual pieces. As work is completed it’s glommed together in the form of a single ROM for the first time. That’s when internal testing begins in earnest. At the same time, the now complete ROM is placed in a version control system so all the teams are working on it together rather than focusing on their individual components.

Typically there’s a team of testers pulled from various departments in the company because you can’t have 10-30 people standing by to test full time because the work ebbs and flows. The test scripts that are followed are probably the size of a phone book. As issues are identified during internal testing the person overseeing testing tries to isolate it, logs it, and reports it to the team most likely responsible for resolving it. Each time a team or member of a team identifies and resolves an issue, depending on how core the issue is to the entire ROM, testing may have to start again from the very beginning of the script. This repeats dozens of times until the ROM passes internal testing cleanly.

Once internal testing’s complete testing is opened up to a broader user audience. Most likely having HTC employees and/or Elevate members starting to use the ROM on their personal devices. They provide feedback via a problem tracking system and the developers look for commonality in the problems reported and make changes to the code accordingly. If major issues are uncovered it’s back to square one which includes another full round of internal scripted testing followed by pushing the revised ROM out to the larger user group. This repeats until the ROM is deemed “acceptable.” Since no s/w is ever perfect, “acceptable” usually means shippable.

So the six-week old 2.05 test ROM passed internal testing and was distributed to a larger user group. Something must have been discovered that caused the developers to make some major changes. So it’s somewhere in the (re)testing process right now.

Like I said, this is the way s/w development is done. HTC may have their own unique spin but it’s not going to be much different than I described. So, while we want it now, we don’t always get what we want. And I’d personally rather wait until it’s done than have to suffer through some of the issues we all faced with the original shipped ROM. I'm guessing but the actual coding of an update could take anywhere from four to twelve weeks with testing always being as long (or longer) than coding. And based on the way this process works you can pretty much take as a given that JB isn’t “right around the corner.”

And that's how the sausage is made. ;)
    For those who want to download the RUU from filefactory here you go...

Filefactory Premium Account:
    User: liveacteam09@gmail.com
    Pass: www.liveac.blogspot.com
    :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X
    S3 trolls . Do not feed
    Saying goodbye to my One X on Monday next week, looks like I won't be able to try out this update afterall

Same here. The policarbonate back which was suppose to be un.scratchable or something like this..... Lost color in a spot plus the cc am lens get scratched easy plus its to hot... Plus a little of ripple effect ob the eges .... I might say that I gave it a shot but this hox is being sold asap and I'm gonna give s3 a go.

Got to say, I'm about to jump ship, gonna get the s3 had compare the two together but judging by the s3 forum on xda the vibe is very positive, the vibe here for the hox is more negative. I love my hox but I feel I just have to experience the s3, maybe Samsung just have better marketing but I am being lured in by the s3.

The title of this thread is "Massive HOX OTA Update coming soon with Android 4.0.4!" It’s been up until now a positive thread. I find it fascinating that, somehow, you managed to work yet another discussion of the same known One X issues and the SGS3 in to it. There are plenty of issues threads already open that welcome comments from disgruntled owners. This isn’t one of them.

Since we're OT any way, here's a link to why I canceled my SGS3 order and decided to keep the One X.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27663514&postcount=1525

A little advice too. If some of you pull the crap you've pulled here when you're on the SGS3 forum and start polls, petitions, and whine about petty issues they'll eat you alive.
    "Samsung has a Mobile Communications Lab in San Jose, with 90 engineers who work with Google to optimize the Android OS for Samsung phones".

90 engineers to build ugly touchwizz??:D

from the ARC