FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did any of the guides help you (Please vote for survey purposes)?

Yes

659 Vote(s)
75.49%
No (if not, please PM me with suggestions and additions)

56 Vote(s)
6.41%
Didn't get to use them yet

158 Vote(s)
18.10%

GUIDES [WM]: How to Increase Battery Charge Life (On Android - Pre"Android Guides")

3,864 posts
Thanks Meter: 333

By nir36, Retired Moderator on 15th January 2009, 09:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2013, 05:36 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk=

Well this is cool

tinyurl . com/mo2d2ot
This App is a little bit better i think.
It is called Beat.Power Saver!
The Following User Says Thank You to scissor721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scissor721 Ad-Free

18th December 2013, 09:38 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
very helpful
wow...didnt knew that so much extra can be done with android..thanks
24th December 2013, 08:00 AM |#103  
Flag Jenin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Reduce using applications

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
18th February 2014, 09:13 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsephiroth

Does greenify or any other app really help to save battery?
I do many things quoted here but I can't see much difference.

They do in their own way (I use Battery Doctor myself), but mostly but doing automatically or at the press of one button what you could also do yourself through multiple operations (turn off WiFi, turn off data, reduce screen brightness ....)
So for me I like it as I have set it to do exactly what I want depending where I am (work, home, travelling) with one button.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xav71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xav71 Ad-Free
17th March 2014, 10:47 PM |#105  

More
Greenify apps, lower brightness.
29th March 2014, 03:39 PM |#106  
Flag Bucharest

More
Battery Full
In my opinion Grenify is the best power saving app !
9th April 2014, 02:19 PM |#107  

More
Thumbs up Increasing Your Battery
Dude, increasing your battery depends on what apps you are running on your phone. You might wanna delete the battery saver you have and download Android Mobile care or Ram Booster from the play store. They just closed the less important apps that uses more ram cpu, leaving more free ram for the other apps. I dont know what phone you using but any of these two apps should be supported on your phone and will work perfectly...
17th April 2014, 05:54 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by WerBn

Why does my internal memory shows as "Memory Card"?
I have an internal phone memory of 2GB and no memory card.
I don't get it.

If I understand your post correctly it's simply the way your phone was designed. I know it's how a lot of Samsung phones work. IMO it's a poor design choice, but with good intentions. The idea behind it is apparently to increase your safety & privacy.

Here's how my phone breaks down. I have a 16GB Samsung Epic Touch 4G. On my phone this shows up as...

1.97GB - Internal Storage
11.50GB - USB Storage

Basically, in my case, what Samsung did was to take the 16GB of physical memory in the phone and to separate it into two partitions. The first being the smaller internal storage. This 2GB is meant to be the equivalent of your main drive, the remainder is the USB storage which is used as a "fake" SD card (for lack of a better term). All of the apps you download and install are limited to these sections. You can add a physical SD card in order to have more space to store pictures and videos that you take or to store things like music.

I was told they did this because many apps allow you to move them to the SD card and there is a privacy issue if someone were to steal your phone or more specifically you SD card. Your phone can be password protected so to some degree it's protected from the average phone thief, where as in most cases anyone with a computer would be able to read your SD card. They could potentially get a lot of personal information from that SD card. Things like usernames, passwords, financial information, contact information... pretty much anything that you could put on that SD card. By separating the two in this way it helps limit where you're able to store things like apps and personal information and in turn that limits what a potential thief would have access to. In theory they would only get some pictures and videos that you've taken, but all of the apps and other personal information would be somewhat protected on the internal memory itself assuming your phone was secured with a passcode. My advice is to just tell yourself that despite it being labeled "Memory Card" it is simply more "Internal Storage". I hope that helps... or even more I hope that's the question you were asking. I know it confused me a bit at first.
19th April 2014, 03:51 AM |#109  
Flag Medan

More
thanks, this is so very important for me
22nd April 2014, 06:44 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up
thanks, helped me with my s4 9505
7th May 2014, 03:34 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Originally Posted by aryanjoy9

How i do in moto g...i m unable to find this...

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

How i increase battery life in moto g..

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The idea behind this is, reducing clock speed as low as possible. But this will have an impact on the responsiveness of your phone. You can use the app One Power Guard for this. You would have to chose whatever best for you. You can also use Greenify which closes the apps running in background and there by saves battery life.

For both of these apps to work your phone must be rooted. Those who says these don't have any impacts simply don't know how to use them !!!

And follow the well known tips to save battery further. 95% of battery saver apps in market are not effective. Most of them are just doing things that you can do easily by manual ( like Turning off WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, Backlight, hotspot, Autorotate, reducing brightness, removing Live wall paper, Reduce sleep time to minimum etc ). These apps might have a clean User Interface which will misguide you, but nothing else.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
activesync, backup, bluetooth, custom cities, drive mapping, guides, lines, network info, recover, remote, toggle bluetooth, toggle wifi, usbtopc, weather cities

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)