[Kernel] SEtweak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Blagus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
So, preview of SEtweak (pre1) is out!
It's quite incomplete, without Synaptics DT, not netfilter and OC. I also forgot to enable NTFS, sorry :p
Just a proof of concept for those unwilling to unlock bootloader.

X8gesture will insmod fine.
Cypress users: remove DT module because this kernel already includes it!

Includes CIFS and tun - who need it, will know, who doesn't need it/know, don't bother :p

Download: -not working-
FTF bundle. Place to flashtool\firmwares, in GUI select X8 SEtweak-pre1 FW and flash it.

FreeXperia logo instead of SE standard, and blagus@FreeXperia instead of SEMCUser@SEMCHost are easiest way to see that you have custom kernel.

Forgot to note: this kernel has gingerbread ramdisk, meaning it's for GB ROMs! Maybe works on stock, but may won't be stable!

Will include:
* Cypress dualtouch
* Syaptics fake dual touch
* custom netfilter tables
* overclock

Standard SEtweak features:
* NTFS
* ext4
* swap
* USB OTG experimental
* tun/tap/CIFS

Best regards

Last edited:

SpyderX

Mar 5, 2011
Singapore
I flashed my kernel and it works. However, SEMCUser@SEMCHost machine name persists.
Anyways, take a look at this:
Code:
<5>[    0.000000] Linux version 2.6.29 (SEMCUser@SEMCHost) (gcc version 4.5.2 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2011.03-42) ) #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 18 16:30:18 CEST 2011
I need to make some more tweaks, pack correct ramdisk and remove SEMCUser@SEMCHost machine/user name.

Will include:
* Cypress dualtouch

Best regards
So, does this work on Gingerbread? Can't wait to test it out!

@Superuser.Angga
You have a kernel? :confused::confused::confused:

And I think the driver Blagus was referring to is sdio.ko (commonly found in /system/lib/modules)

Last edited:
Reactions: BPaul and codfreak

doixanh

Jan 23, 2011
XDA users stats and capabilities:
5% to develop
5% to understand development, and not to ask stupid questions
90% users are capable of spamming the dev thread with 3 pages of useless junk in 5 minutes

Sent from my R800i

Lol nice evaluation.

I've been too busy to follow these changes recently. Btw what do you mean by nand initialization. We need to fix nand detection or something?

Send from my GingerDX using XDA App

Blagus

Jun 10, 2010
hi blagus, im just wondering when you will be able to upload the new kernel? i dont mean to be hasty its just sony x10,x10mini and x10 are flying with thier new kernels and we seem to be lagging behind sum what. again i dont mean this in a nasty way and please dont take offence to this post :) im very supportive of yours and the other devs beautiful work please let us know soon thanks bro and great job :D

Being part of FXP, my SEtweak will be based on FXP's kernel from github repo, and I'll include recovery in ramdisk as well.
It will, however, be modified and will have standard SEtweak features listed in first post.

Blagus

Jun 10, 2010
Wow...replaced in 5 minutes :eek::eek:, quite fast.

@Blagus

Is it ever possible for a X8 kernel in the future to automatically convert /system, /data and /cache into ext4? Because I remember Galaxy Ace forums has a kernel that does this. Just a question :).

Hmm... S1Boot actually handles partitions so I'm not sure... also, yaffs2 FS is made specially for NAND flash chips in phones, so ext4 shouldn't give much boost - absolute need for ext4 conversion is present only on Samsung phones which use rfs by default, and that's quite slow.

Reactions: Paul1989

Paul1989

Aug 6, 2011
LINK

Hmm... S1Boot actually handles partitions so I'm not sure... also, yaffs2 FS is made specially for NAND flash chips in phones, so ext4 shouldn't give much boost - absolute need for ext4 conversion is present only on Samsung phones which use rfs by default, and that's quite slow.

will you be uploading new kernel tonight mate or will it be in morning ??????? thanks for fast reply :D

Paul1989

Aug 6, 2011
as soon as i get my hands on FXP CM7 ramdisk to extract recovery and grab fxp kernel from git. should be very soon ;)

Sent from my R800i

Thanks a lot I look forward to flashing it bro. Very good work. Just anuva thing do u think u will be able to share the kernel u successful flashed today please I'm itching to test bro many thanks :)

biscoitu

Apr 26, 2011
Why would we need million of recoveries? CWM is just fine and enough, and supports restoring from xRecovery.

I guess that the problem is that some devs didn´t migrate to CWM, and if we switch to this ROM which is using only CWM, then we need to back to stock, install xrecovery and then the other ROM :D, since CWM doesn´t install zip files made for xRecovery.

Blagus

Jun 10, 2010
I guess that the problem is that some devs didn´t migrate to CWM, and if we switch to this ROM which is using only CWM, then we need to back to stock, install xrecovery and then the other ROM :D, since CWM doesn´t install zip files made for xRecovery.

Well, ask ROM dev to convert amend script to edify, or do it yourself with aZuZu's tool. I will not include xRecovery because CWM supersedes it and it's official FXP's recovery.

Reactions: biscoitu and Rikcon

lovex8

May 23, 2011

You can convert the zip for xRecovery to for CWM by a simple tool. Get it here
I had tested it, and it's really easy and works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, preview of SEtweak (pre1) is out!
    It's quite incomplete, without Synaptics DT, not netfilter and OC. I also forgot to enable NTFS, sorry :p
    Just a proof of concept for those unwilling to unlock bootloader.

X8gesture will insmod fine.
    Cypress users: remove DT module because this kernel already includes it!

Includes CIFS and tun - who need it, will know, who doesn't need it/know, don't bother :p

Download: -not working-
    FTF bundle. Place to flashtool\firmwares, in GUI select X8 SEtweak-pre1 FW and flash it.

FreeXperia logo instead of SE standard, and blagus@FreeXperia instead of SEMCUser@SEMCHost are easiest way to see that you have custom kernel.

Forgot to note: this kernel has gingerbread ramdisk, meaning it's for GB ROMs! Maybe works on stock, but may won't be stable!

Will include:
    * Cypress dualtouch
    * overclock

Standard SEtweak features:
    * NTFS
    * ext4
    * swap
    * USB OTG experimental
    * tun/tap/CIFS

Best regards
    XDA users stats and capabilities:
    5% to develop
    5% to understand development, and not to ask stupid questions
    90% users are capable of spamming the dev thread with 3 pages of useless junk in 5 minutes

Sent from my R800i
    It has been my impression that some of users think: "Wow. I unlocked my bootloader. Now my phone will be at least high-tech PC. Give me the kernel! I must have it here and now! And new ROM too... Where's google translate, I must write a story on XDA". Geez. Chillax. Some of us, members of community, has work, school, family (sic!) and is timeless. Give our devs a brake. Programming is really hard, demanding isn't.
    Have a good evening/day.
    Blagus, can you provide the github source of kernel or just a link to some .tar.gz so I can take a look at it please?
    Thanks.

P.S.
    is CWM working from open bootloader if kernel is not booting ? any way to recover?
    I'm interested in porting the new kernels (2.6.3x)
    I talked to FXP about that NAND init. and it seems it wasn't actually SE's mistake, that's why kernel works after all and NAND init is fine.