FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][KOT49H][TW4.4.2] | dbKAT | V2 | TouchWiz KitKat | 01.19.14

1,478 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,553
 
By dannyben, Senior Member on 12th January 2014, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2014, 11:54 PM |#11  
epsix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 336
 
Donate to Me
More
No Wifi ...no problems... I have unlimited data.lol!!!

Sent from my SGH-M918 using Tapatalk 2
 
 
12th January 2014, 11:55 PM |#12  
ShinySide's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag IHB
Thanks Meter: 4,820
 
Donate to Me
More
Tmo will get the update in the next 6 weeks is my guess.

You can try to flash the i9505 modem. You gotta do it with mobile Odin tho. I had flashed their 4.3 modems when it first leaked to see if it'd fix the data drop issue, which it gave me no service at all and had to reflwsh tmos. So you could try i9505 fix for S&Gs

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
12th January 2014, 11:58 PM |#13  
gdmlaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 608
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide

Tmo will get the update in the next 6 weeks is my guess.

You can try to flash the i9505 modem. You gotta do it with mobile Odin tho. I had flashed their 4.3 modems when it first leaked to see if it'd fix the data drop issue, which it gave me no service at all and had to reflwsh tmos. So you could try i9505 fix for S&Gs

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Flashing their modem deff won't work on our phones...... And we deff won't get this update nowhere near 6 weeks..... The international version hasn't even gotten their official update yet this is a leaked version...... And they get their updates couple months before we get ours..... Not 2 bring bad news but Tmobile will deff not push this update anywhere near 6 weeks from now
12th January 2014, 11:58 PM |#14  
epsix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 336
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide

Tmo will get the update in the next 6 weeks is my guess.

You can try to flash the i9505 modem. You gotta do it with mobile Odin tho. I had flashed their 4.3 modems when it first leaked to see if it'd fix the data drop issue, which it gave me no service at all and had to reflwsh tmos. So you could try i9505 fix for S&Gs

So if we flash i9505 modem it will not brick our tmo phone? Please say yes...:thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk



Sent from my SGH-M918 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to epsix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift epsix Ad-Free
13th January 2014, 12:03 AM |#15  
ShinySide's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag IHB
Thanks Meter: 4,820
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmlaz

Flashing their modem deff won't work on our phones...... And we deff won't get this update nowhere near 6 weeks..... The international version hasn't even gotten their official update yet this is a leaked version...... And they get their updates couple months before we get ours..... Not 2 bring bad news but Tmobile will deff not push this update anywhere near 6 weeks from now

I meant from when they release i9505s which is supposed to be this month.

I9505 got there's in October , we're talking officially here, we got ours in November. We would of gotten it even sooner then that but other carriers had issues and they stalled all updates.

Anyway, this is derailing what this thread is. Just a suggestion because it is possible to flash their modems.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 12:18 AM |#16  
spyke1999's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsix

Sent from my SGH-M918 using Tapatalk 2

I heard that the update to 4.4.2 is coming this month so my guess is by February we will have it
13th January 2014, 12:31 AM |#17  
robertd0619's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MARYLAND
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Anybody tried KT KK4.4GE kernel? Isn't it based of TW? Just a thought.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 12:32 AM |#18  
The Sickness's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 22,784
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertd0619

Anybody tried KT KK4.4GE kernel? Isn't it based of TW? Just a thought.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Won't boot. Done tried it. Until the source is dropped no kernel can be built.

My S4 Is Insane

DEVIANT DEVELOPMENT
The Following User Says Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Sickness Ad-Free
13th January 2014, 12:53 AM |#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Danny! You actually got it working!! Hooray!!!

Does the build.prop tweak mentioned back in the Q&A Section not fix WiFi?
13th January 2014, 01:07 AM |#20  
dannyben's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,553
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigz

Danny! You actually got it working!! Hooray!!!

I dont know about working.....LOL, but i did get it to flash

Still got a ways to go. No 3rd party apps, flashable themes or deletion of playstore apps. But the Tap & Pay does work out of the box.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dannyben For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dannyben Ad-Free
13th January 2014, 02:22 AM |#21  
dawgdoc96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
No GPS for anyone else?

Sent from my sghm-919 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes