Universal 1 Click Eris Root App Apk - No PCs, No Scripts Needed, EASY

Search This thread

jrmatics

May 14, 2009
brooklyn, ny
Dam I wish u guys were in the evo threads also. I have an evo, but saw this on front page and decided to check it out. Truly a work of genius. We have something simular to this app but not quite as simple. And just the fact that u request just a simple donation for good causes shows the type of geniuses these guys and gals are. Would u also consider helping us evo owners with a program like this. Xda and its members r freakin awsome! I upgraded to froyo 2.2:D

obededom

Aug 20, 2009
Ohio
Neato...

More to come

Let me say this, I will gain nothing from your .apk (I don't own an Eris and was just lurking) but I want to donate something to you guys. It's a pretty awesome thing imo, for you to a) bust your butt to make a painless rooting process and b) defer donations to help children. That is everything that is good about the android community.

Keep up the good work and do you have a charity in particular you want me to give to?

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
Let me say this, I will gain nothing from your .apk (I don't own an Eris and was just lurking) but I want to donate something to you guys. It's a pretty awesome thing imo, for you to a) bust your butt to make a painless rooting process and b) defer donations to help children. That is everything that is good about the android community.

Keep up the good work and do you have a charity in particular you want me to give to?

My personal habbit is to buy a bunch of cheese burgers, and hand them out when I am downtown.

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
Dam I wish u guys were in the evo threads also. I have an evo, but saw this on front page and decided to check it out. Truly a work of genius. We have something simular to this app but not quite as simple. And just the fact that u request just a simple donation for good causes shows the type of geniuses these guys and gals are. Would u also consider helping us evo owners with a program like this. Xda and its members r freakin awsome! I upgraded to froyo 2.2:D

Is this possible on the HTD Desire too?

This is just using the symlink trick, really just a front end to an already known method. While I do believe this may work on unpatched evo and desires, the nandlocking would make it worthless. I suggest following the work of unrevoked on nandlocked phones.

zipzoomeroo

May 7, 2010
Hey guys, love this community.

Helping a friend who's a few states away. He emailed me: "Hmm, so I did all those steps... So I think it's rooted now. Any suggestions on what I should do?"

Is the easiest way to have him check if it "took" to see if Superuser Preferences is now in his app drawer? (Please note, I'm not doubting that your app worked, I just want to make sure he did it right.)

Thanks.

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
Hey guys, love this community.

Helping a friend who's a few states away. He emailed me: "Hmm, so I did all those steps... So I think it's rooted now. Any suggestions on what I should do?"

Is the easiest way to have him check if it "took" to see if Superuser Preferences is now in his app drawer? (Please note, I'm not doubting that your app worked, I just want to make sure he did it right.)

Thanks.

After flashing rootme.zip, if superuser preference now shows up, yes he is rooted.

keykubat

Aug 26, 2007
very nice stuff

i'm a beginner but ii try to develop android rom's soon i think maybe in two weeks release one of my rom hopefully; i need beta testing dude's :D:D:D

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
i'm a beginner but ii try to develop android rom's soon i think maybe in two weeks release one of my rom hopefully; i need beta testing dude's :D:D:D

Ask in your own thread maybe? This is a thread for ppl using the 1click root. IE New rooters. The newly rooted dont often make good rom testers, errors in beta roms may confuse users, and turn the off of root/android.

dangambino

Feb 2, 2010
baltimore
the recovery seems to not be working. i can reboot into amon recvovery, and reboot, but it wont allow me to select any other buttons. i tried ti reinstall 1 click app, and try new sd, but same results. im on 2.1. any suggestions

digitalyz

Jan 28, 2010
What do I need to be able to use wireless tether only with the rootme.zip. I know I need just a new kernel support this correct? I have a moto droid also and everything for flashing the kernels and all is plentiful but I dont see just the kernel for the eris.

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
the recovery seems to not be working. i can reboot into amon recvovery, and reboot, but it wont allow me to select any other buttons. i tried ti reinstall 1 click app, and try new sd, but same results. im on 2.1. any suggestions

If you can reboot into recovery, then you dont need to run this app again. Use trackball to navigate the recovery.

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
What do I need to be able to use wireless tether only with the rootme.zip. I know I need just a new kernel support this correct? I have a moto droid also and everything for flashing the kernels and all is plentiful but I dont see just the kernel for the eris.

I think the stock kernel supports it, but I can't check right now

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
tracball wont work to select options. except reboot cuz its selected by default. :(

tracball does work on phone though

This is on the droid eris right? Trackball should navigate amon's recovery. Hrmph, you could try to manually do it using the clockwork recovery, since it uses the vol keys to navigate

dangambino

Feb 2, 2010
baltimore
This is on the droid eris right? Trackball should navigate amon's recovery. Hrmph, you could try to manually do it using the clockwork recovery, since it uses the vol keys to navigate

Yeah. i tried to flash through clockwork but the phone isnt rooted yet. i have adb setup on my nexus, but cant find the drivers for the eris

eorourke

Aug 5, 2010
I installed the one click root last night and it appeared everything went fine. However I've been charging my phone since 10pm last night and its still at 30% battery life. I didn't have this issue before rooting - is it related to the root or is there another thread I can look at on how to resolve this?

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
I installed the one click root last night and it appeared everything went fine. However I've been charging my phone since 10pm last night and its still at 30% battery life. I didn't have this issue before rooting - is it related to the root or is there another thread I can look at on how to resolve this?

Check your other running apps, and uninstall the one click app. There should be no additional battery drain with this process.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ## I will clean up the code, and UI this weekend: and for those with any doubts: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/1-click-eris-root-app-no-pc-required/

## To those tempted to redistribute my apps, or apps based on my work without permission. This will only result in me using a new obnoxious DRM system. Please stop it.

Preface, This is not a free app, its a try before you buy app. If this app works for you, and you are happy with it. You are required to donate a meal to a homeless youth, or any amount of money to a youth outreach type program.

This is a TeamAndIRC production. The source code is available on request, if good reason exists.

I got bored and whipped this up tonight with ECLIPS3. This will root your Droid Eris running 2.1 with 1 click.

If something doesn't work, don't freak just contact me. Tested working on latest RUU.
    This does NOT erase anything off your phone.You can keep you data/apps with this root!

Step 1) download and install this apk
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8699733/erisone010.apk - VERSION 0.1.0

Step 2) Run, read disclaimer, press button

Step 3) Reboot, once rebooted your phone should have Amon's recovery. Yay.

Step 4) Use the recovery to flash rootme.zip that is now on your SDCard, or the custom rom of your choice.

Step 5) Go into settings, and turn usb debugging on. After you have root, please uninstall this app.

Just that easy.

Please come chat with use at http://chat.andirc.net or irc.andirc.net #droideris if you have a separate IRC client.

Credit to:
    Eclips3 for spending hours and hours and hours testing my crap. Without him this app wouldn't exist.

TopazAaron for the icon

wag3slav3 for the root method

Amon_RA for the recovery image

erisuser1 for the post that gave me the idea.

and to the authors of flash_image and superuser.apk.
    This is 100% legit! Very easy to do. One click. If you cant click one button. You dont deserve root lol!

If you do have troubles:

chat.andirc.net
    The trackball works fine, only in Amon RA is it not working!?!?

It happens. You are not the first. There are workarounds, and I provided links for the same.
    OK, because you guys are the Eris guru's, I am kind of dumping a couple of questions in the same post...(sorry, but you are good!)

So I will preface with the fact this MAY not be completely related to the rooting, but I figured this would be a good outlet for it. I went through the process, rooted the phone, everything was peachy. I had Superuser and everything. When trying to open up Titanium Backup, I was prompted as usual to grant permissions, which I did. When it finally launches, it tells me unable to acquire root access.

Is this just maybe a problem where Titanium Backup doesn't work on the Eris, or is it possible that it did not completely root somehow?

**Furthermore, I then flashed clockworkmod and attempted to flash the GSB ROM. It flashed successfully, followed by gapps (blah blah). But then when I rebooted, it just replayed the boot animation for 7 hours (over night). I backed it all up before meddling, so life is good, but could that be related to the root issue too?

I am sorry to ask this here, and truly appreciate any help you have to offer!!

Thanks!
    TK

With TiBu, there is a "Problems" button at the bottom. I assume that you didn't have Busybox installed, and that will install it for you. That was probably the issue.

We Eris users tend to discourage Clockwork Recovery, as people with Clockwork have bricked their phones in the past. However, based on your post, my guess is that you did not wipe data before you flashed GSB and gapps. Forgetting to do that will lead to the results you describe.
    If anyone still needs it here you go I found it on the wayback machine