1,381 posts
Thanks Meter: 942

By dirt, Senior Member on 3rd August 2013, 08:06 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
28th August 2013, 04:35 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Great ROM.

Any chance of adding this mod in aroma for future release?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2262556

Its basically AOSP browser with sync since default browser wont sync with google

28th August 2013, 04:55 PM |#1002  
Flag ViSiON,Texas
Thanks Meter: 20,559

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH54

This really a General S4 question but I want to ask it hear because I am sure you guys know the answer. I am in a Non LTE area but I get 4g. When I enter a LTE area will the S4 automatically start getting LTE? I noticed in the Network Mode settings there is an Option for LTE/GSM/WCDMA(auto connect) and then there one GSM/WCDMA(auto connect). My phone is set to the 2nd option and if I try to change to 1st option it "will not hold",it always reverts back to 2nd option. Is this because I am in a Non LTE area?

Thanks

That is absolutely correct, and when you get into a LTE area it will stick...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AxAtAx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AxAtAx Ad-Free
28th August 2013, 04:58 PM |#1003  
Flag Corbin,Ky.
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman

That is absolutely correct, and when you get into a LTE area it will stick...

So when I hit an LTE area I would need to manually change the setting to get LTE? Or will the phone do that for me automatically?
28th August 2013, 05:08 PM |#1004  
Flag ViSiON,Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH54

So when I hit an LTE area I would need to manually change the setting to get LTE? Or will the phone do that for me automatically?

It should detect it and notify you via the status bar..I have seen that happen before...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AxAtAx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AxAtAx Ad-Free
28th August 2013, 05:09 PM |#1005  
Flag ViSiON,Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidorulz

Great ROM.

Any chance of adding this mod in aroma for future release?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2262556

Its basically AOSP browser with sync since default browser wont sync with google

Hmm I will pass this on to Clev, that is a great idea...stay tuned...
28th August 2013, 05:47 PM |#1006  
Flag Corbin,Ky.
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:

It should detect it and notify you via the status bar..I have seen that happen before...

Thanks. It seems someone told me once that if I had my phone on and was on my Non LTE Network I might have to reboot phone once I was in LTE area to get LTE Network.I really do not do much Data related stuff over Mobile Network so not Big deal if I use LTE when in a LTE area just nice to know it does work.

Thanks again
28th August 2013, 06:14 PM |#1007  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo

It was not working for me and KT's kernel has always been crap for me on S3 & S4 Roms so I installed http://faux.androidro.ms/jflteatt/jb42/ kernel jflteatt-faux123-011u-MFX.zip

so now everything so far seems smooth with working wifi. I also had to correct the apn to the setting that you see in the recent posts.

Isn't that weird cuz KT's kernel never worked very well for me on my S3 but on my S4 it works fantastic.

"I drive a Dodge Stratus"
Sent from my Morphed VisionX ATT S4
28th August 2013, 06:26 PM |#1008  
Flag ViSiON,Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4freak

Isn't that weird cuz KT's kernel never worked very well for me on my S3 but on my S4 it works fantastic.

I agree, and if you look around, 85% of all the issues with the G4 is kernel related.
28th August 2013, 06:51 PM |#1009  
Quote:

I agree, and if you look around, 85% of all the issues with the G4 is kernel related.

Ya know that being said Ax I just flashed faux's kernel from that link wiped dalvik and cache fixed permissions and phone stuck on Samsung splash screen til I rebooted 3 times. Then phone booted and I was going to unistall Ktweaker and install trickster mod but phone froze then rebooted twice and stuck on splash screen again.
Well I just went back installed KT's 8-25 build and BOOM rolling again.
Like I said all phones are different and mine just likes KT's I guess...weird LOL

28th August 2013, 06:59 PM |#1010  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,991

More
This device seems to play best with stock kernels, that being said I haven't had any issues running this new base and KTS 08-20 build.

sent from my S3, S4 or Note2
The Following User Says Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free
28th August 2013, 07:11 PM |#1011  
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

This device seems to play best with stock kernels, that being said I haven't had any issues running this new base and KTS 08-20 build.

sent from my S3, S4 or Note2

I just updated to the 8-25 build and zero issues,lag or anything man my S3 hated KT's kernel. I ran Ziggy, Deviant or one other I don't remember it's name LOL.
I wish some devs would start on building kernels for the S4.
I know absolutely nothing about deving that's why I have utmost respect for the devs!:thumbup::thumbup:

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
att, galaxy s4, i9505, tmo, vision
Previous Thread Next Thread