Thanks Meter: 942

By dirt, Senior Member on 3rd August 2013, 08:06 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
8th August 2013, 11:26 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Wink
I wouldn't lose hope on this ROM.
I've scoured these forums for a ROM that is clean, works, battery efficient and it looks like this is the front runner. I've only yet to install because I've been crazy the past 2 days. Hopefully tonight I'll have a few minutes to myself and install this.

Plus, the more comments, the more features, the more responsive the developer is (as you are) and people will flock.

As for the developer community, I can't speak for them. This is an open community and it's a shame when it stops being that. The whole purpose is to have friendly competition so that you can create something better, not horde what you've done. No one's making a living on these ROMs as I can see. It's a hobby and hobbyists tend to and should be more open.

Keep up the good work and don't let the setbacks drain you. Nothing worth achieving has ever been easy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikeysweet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikeysweet Ad-Free

9th August 2013, 01:15 AM |#102  
Flag ViSiON,Texas
Thanks Meter: 20,559

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

Me too,stuck.at work wifi-less and im deep inside the plant so no LTE either

Ax since im.using 3minit and your update is themed im thinking to reflash version 1.0 overtop of my current 1.0 set up. To remove 3minit then flash 1.1 after that. What do you think? or do we need to wipe anyway prior to new version?

sent from my i337m, i317m or i747m

Sorry all, I uploaded the wrong copy, here is a quick fix......

Flash your kernel again..wifi will work....I will get it fixed...it will work...trust me

Are you saying 3min don't work? I think we have found a reason to not theme the rom, no, do not dirty flash it. I am going to do some test real quick, be back shortly. I suggest a clean wipe for this version.

Wow, sorry everyone, I did not even take the other framework into consideration, let me get with the crew.
The Following User Says Thank You to AxAtAx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AxAtAx Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 01:22 AM |#103  
Flag ViSiON,Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysweet

I wouldn't lose hope on this ROM.
I've scoured these forums for a ROM that is clean, works, battery efficient and it looks like this is the front runner. I've only yet to install because I've been crazy the past 2 days. Hopefully tonight I'll have a few minutes to myself and install this.

Plus, the more comments, the more features, the more responsive the developer is (as you are) and people will flock.

As for the developer community, I can't speak for them. This is an open community and it's a shame when it stops being that. The whole purpose is to have friendly competition so that you can create something better, not horde what you've done. No one's making a living on these ROMs as I can see. It's a hobby and hobbyists tend to and should be more open.

Keep up the good work and don't let the setbacks drain you. Nothing worth achieving has ever been easy!

Thanks for the encouragement, serious, will see what happens, I know one thing you are right about, I want to help, and I figured, if we did a rom for others, it would be easier to help with the issues you know about. Even if someone asked about the cygwin or kitchen, it would be cool to talk about it issues or fixes, I have seen rom threads where you can't speak about such things, just trying to break the mold a little.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AxAtAx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AxAtAx Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 01:29 AM |#104  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,991

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman

Sorry all, I uploaded the wrong copy, here is a quick fix......

Flash your kernel again..wifi will work....I will get it fixed...it will work...trust me

Lol...no i meant at work i dont have access to wifi Ax not that my wifi isnt working!

9th August 2013, 01:33 AM |#105  
Flag ViSiON,Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

Lol...no i meant at work i dont have access to wifi Ax not that my wifi isnt working!

hehe ok, if you are not getting lte, add att into the apn, we left it at Cingular, which att user seem to get lte, or am I confused here?
9th August 2013, 01:41 AM |#106  
Flag ViSiON,Texas

Donate to Me
More
I have got an idea to do 2 roms on the same version, meaning one that we are doing mods with, and a striped down fast, clean, crisp, bug free rom (which I prefer) like version 1.0, which just needed patches that fix nags. That way everyone has an option to mod or not, I know, this can be accomplished thru aroma, but with no help from the majors, we are learning it on the fly. Any one have any ideas we are open to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to AxAtAx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AxAtAx Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 02:18 AM |#107  
Quote:

hehe ok, if you are not getting lte, add att into the apn, we left it at Cingular, which att user seem to get lte, or am I confused here?

Hey Ax when I flash a Rom that has the Cingular apn I don't get LTE either so I just manually input ATT apns no biggie.

"Zed?" "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead"
9th August 2013, 02:56 AM |#108  
Flag toronto

More
Quote:

I have got an idea to do 2 roms on the same version, meaning one that we are doing mods with, and a striped down fast, clean, crisp, bug free rom (which I prefer) like version 1.0, which just needed patches that fix nags. That way everyone has an option to mod or not, I know, this can be accomplished thru aroma, but with no help from the majors, we are learning it on the fly. Any one have any ideas we are open to them.

I like that idea, a bare bones lean and mean rom that users can add to if they choose..themes, kernels,mods whatever. And another full blown rom...this is the peoples choice rom so its good to have choices.

Lol you ought to rename from.vision to peoples choice!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 03:42 AM |#109  
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,563

More
Looks like I have found my new daily driver
Great work on the rom Ax & team
The Following User Says Thank You to ronnie498 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ronnie498 Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 03:58 AM |#110  
Flag toronto

More
1.1 installed no problem for me and this time I had wifi on boot with kt kernel.didnt need to set APNs either had LTE right off the bat.

Nice job ax.

Sent from my SGH-i337 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 04:18 AM |#111  
Flag ViSiON,Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4freak

Hey Ax when I flash a Rom that has the Cingular apn I don't get LTE either so I just manually input ATT apns no biggie.

"Zed?" "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead"

Yes..this time add your att apn...weird we didn't even touch the apn area it is exact as ver 1.0...it has to be a kernel thing ...sorry
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
att, galaxy s4, i9505, tmo, vision
Previous Thread Next Thread