[ROM]ViSiON-X I9505XXUGNG8][4.4.2]i337/i337m/i9505][8 Aug 14][SS/LOKI SAME ZIP]

1,381 posts
Thanks Meter: 942

By dirt, Senior Member on 3rd August 2013, 08:06 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd December 2013, 04:01 PM |#5001  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhugh406

Sorry to post about battery life, but not really sure what else to do.

I'm losing battery fairly rapidly. The screen shots appear to be 1% per hour but within the past 3 minutes I've lost another 4%. Just seems like this isn't normal.

On the latest build. No mods after rom install.

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Turn your brightness down, turn off Google sync and gps.
Go to application manager in settings and kill all apps that are running. Download Rescan media Root from play store that'll help kill some apps from constantly running.
Even with all that you still shouldn't have that kinda battery drain.
I keep my brightness up all the time and I usually get 18 hours and 4 to 5 hours or more screen time.
I'd even flash another kernel as well. Have you tried that?

"You stay classy San Diego"
Sent from my ATT S4 draped in velvety awesomeness
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s8freak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s8freak Ad-Free

2nd December 2013, 06:05 PM |#5002  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4freak

Turn your brightness down, turn off Google sync and gps.
Go to application manager in settings and kill all apps that are running. Download Rescan media Root from play store that'll help kill some apps from constantly running.
Even with all that you still shouldn't have that kinda battery drain.
I keep my brightness up all the time and I usually get 18 hours and 4 to 5 hours or more screen time.
I'd even flash another kernel as well. Have you tried that?

I have attempted all of that and still, same issue. Thankfully I have 2 batteries, but still, shouldn't have to swap them out after only 6 / 7 hours or so. Ugh. Maybe it just needs to sit and acclimate itself. Thanks for all the tips

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
2nd December 2013, 08:40 PM |#5003  
Quote:

I have attempted all of that and still, same issue. Thankfully I have 2 batteries, but still, shouldn't have to swap them out after only 6 / 7 hours or so. Ugh. Maybe it just needs to sit and acclimate itself. Thanks for all the tips

Which kernel are you using?

2nd December 2013, 08:51 PM |#5004  
Philadelphia

More
Quote:

using the audism kernel that comes with the rom. also tried kt and talexop

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:

and, i believe i may have found the problem. at work, i connect to a PEAP authentication wifi. this version doesn't appear to play nice with PEAP, so it would just keep trying over and over and over again and kept failing. perhaps a bug?
2nd December 2013, 08:53 PM |#5005  
Try the first kernel in post 3 in the Deadly Venom thread OP Stock up v2

The Following User Says Thank You to s8freak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s8freak Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 01:18 AM |#5006  
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:

use better battery stats and see what kind of wakelocks you have going on.
did you install apps via tibu? start over with a full wipe and install apps from market.
check out what's synching with google and select the minimal you can get away with.
Turn off blutooth, gps and any other services you don't need.
The Following User Says Thank You to Locoman_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Locoman_ Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 02:32 PM |#5007  
Flag ViSiON,Texas
Thanks Meter: 20,559

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

wow, I would try a reinstall, I have never seen those type results, try a different kernel on the new install also.
3rd December 2013, 02:35 PM |#5008  
Flag ViSiON,Texas
Thanks Meter: 20,559

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What are you doing Ax??

I am finishing force's note3 rom, fixing to release....finished....clev is testing now....

finally over all this rom building stuff, I can maybe relax and enjoy the work, i hope....you just help keep me going here bro...I really appreciate your tech work in here.....that will give you a break from the twins....
The Following User Says Thank You to AxAtAx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AxAtAx Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 02:38 PM |#5009  
Philadelphia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman

wow, I would try a reinstall, I have never seen those type results, try a different kernel on the new install also.

So, I feel as though I figured it out. Had nothing to do with install or kernel or a combination of the two.

I connect to a PEAK authenticated wifi at work, and it appears the mk9 build doesn't support PEAP authentication. So it would try to connect, fail, try again, fail, over and over again.

Unfortunately, I need PEAP integration so I had to move away from this for now. Look forward to a fix!

Also, I've searched and searched, but no real clear/exact situation that matches mine.

I k ow the s4 apparently had problems with 64gb ad cards, but I think mine is toast. Every time I download a rom to the sdcard, philz recovery constantly tells me that the install has aborted (bad). I've re downloaded, attempted to open the zip (with success), but cannot install unless it's downloaded to the internal memory.

At this point, just gonna go pick up a 32 class 10, but want to avoid it if possible.

Edit: hate to take up space here, if someone has some insight, hit me up on hangouts. [email protected]
Ty!

Btw, you guys rock!!

3rd December 2013, 03:05 PM |#5010  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,991

More
The note 3 rom seems pretty complete to me, been rocking it since sat night and its flawless. Got some crazy lte speeds too, prolly not rom related but who knows....almost hit 140mbps down.

My s4 ate a few 64 gb sd cards until I formatted them properly in my pc, I cant remember the name of the program I used but it is not what came with windows..ill check tonight. Formatted to fat 32 and its been perfect ever since.

Sent from Canada via my G2, Note 3 or S4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 05:33 PM |#5011  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,991

More
Thats why I need my fast network speeds...being snowed in I gotta have somethin to do lol.

This is what an ax note 3 rom gives you

Sent from Canada via my G2, Note 3 or S4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386091964875.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	2430828  
The Following User Says Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
att, galaxy s4, i9505, tmo, vision
Previous Thread Next Thread