[TUT][L5] From Stock ICS to CustomROM step for step guide ROOT/BOOTLOADER/CWM/ROMS

Search This thread

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
Hello guys, this is a Tutorial for the LG optimus L5 step for step Rooting, Installing bootloader, installing CWM and finally installing ROMS.

I made this thread because i thought the other threads are a bit scattered all over the Lg optimus forums which is a bit obsecure.

So here I set up the steps! Good luck!

NOTE: THIS IS AN OLD THREAD, THE METHOD USED HERE MIGHT NOT WORK ANYMORE. IF YOU CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX THINGS WHEN YOU ****ED UP, NEITHER WILL I REPLY TO ANY QUESTIONS ASKED SINCE I DON'T HAVE THE DEVICE ANYMORE

Before doing any of these things: MAKE A BACKUP!

ROOTING

First, What is rooting? (for noobs)

For rooting the L5 you need the following things: "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk" & a root package provided by XxXKINGMAKXxX (Attatched below)

1) go to system settings --> developer options --> turn USB debugging ON
Then, go to system settings --> Security --> allow unknown sources

2) Install SystemBackupTest.apk with a file manager then, open the app and reboot - the app should be kept open while rebooting !important!

when the phone is completely rebooted, change your mobile connection mode to “Charge Only Mode”, then reconnect the cable.

4) Run root.bat from the root package, your phone will reboot and it will be rooted!

UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER

For all E617g owners, go to thishttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2392762 thread.

You need to install bootloader if you want to continue with the next steps.

Its very important to choose the right unlock file, else you will get bootloops!

5) if you got E610/E612g, download emmc_appsboot for E610
if you got E612, download emmc_appsboot for E612
if you got E615, download emmc_appsboot for E615

next, install terminal emulator from google play unrar &
copy emmc_appsboot.bin to your internal SD card.
then, open up terminal emulator and type in:

• su
    [*] dd if=/sdcard/emmc_appsboot.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
    [*] reboot

INSTALLING CLOCK WORK MOD

6) Download "recovery.img" and copy it to your internal SD card.
(there is a special recovery img for the E615 - look in the attatchments)

7) Type in terminal emulator:
  • su
  • dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/recovery-backup.img (optional - makes a back-up)
  • dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
  • reboot recovery

If you did everything good your phone will now reboot in CWM!
If you want to go into CWM any other time: turn off your phone then, press volume down + power, when the menu lights pop up press home button for 2 seconds and you will see CWM.

ROMS

This isn't difficult at all, just download some roms (given below) and drag and drop the zip file into your external/internal sd card.

Before flashing a custom rom do a factory reset trough cwm!

Go into CWM and go to the folder where you placed your custom rom. You can navigate with the volume buttons and the power button(=enter).

Some Roms for LG optimus L5:

!Note! if you want to flash a jellybean (android 4.1.2) rom you need to flash v20 baseband first!!!

BRICKED?

see this thread: unbrick guide

P.S if I forgot anything/ did something wrong, tell me :)

Special thanks to:
- XxXKINGMAKXxX
- Ideleeuw
- The rom makers ^^

Attachments

• My_Root_Package.7z
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,939
  • IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk
    153.7 KB · Views: 2,468
  • recovery.img
    5.3 MB · Views: 2,880
  • v20Baseband.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 2,244
Last edited:

Jayd3n_420

Feb 4, 2013
my lg optimus l5 E612 keeps rebooting itself after the media scan. i have tried to wipe the cache, the dalvik cache and a factory reset in CWM but still kept rebooting how can i fix it?? and also the software version is v10d-nov-16-2012

Reactions: seises
R

raphaelcoder

Followed all the above procedure for LG E615. Touch screen won't work & boot loops.Any idea why?

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
Regarding E612G/E612F

For everyone with E612G/E612F/E610V/E610GO, these aren't compatible with CWM/bootloader, so no CWM means no custom ROMS. You can only root your phone and thats it!

Last edited:
Reactions: seises
P

Psykic

For everyone with E612G/E612F/E610V/E610GO, these aren't compatible with CWM/bootloader, so no CWM means no custom ROMS. You can only root your phone and thats it!

I think you should edit that ...
Just saying

Sent from my LG-E612 using xda app-developers app

P

Psykic

remove e612f
i unlocked bootloader successfully ..
flashed CWM ...
but i just can't use kdz.... :p

BUNNDOO

Jun 23, 2008
Zagreb
Lg optimus l5 e610

HELLO

i tryes AOSP roms and cm 10. passed but wi-fi wont work and no work after v10 v20 i follow procedure step by step

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
HELLO

i tryes AOSP roms and cm 10. passed but wi-fi wont work and no work after v10 v20 i follow procedure step by step

You shouldnt have flashed v20 if you want cm10, also if you want to install a new rom first delete /system, /data and media /dalvik /cache, just wipe everyting from your phone then install cm10(.1).

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda app-developers app

LobaJai

Nov 1, 2014
I would like to suggest updating cwm to a newer version and avoiding the cwm v. 6.0.2.8. Look up for another newer. Recently, some of us we had problems with that version.

Hello guys, this is a Tutorial for the LG optimus L5 step for step Rooting, Installing bootloader, installing CWM and finally installing ROMS.

I made this thread because i thought the other threads are a bit scattered all over the Lg optimus forums which is a bit obsecure.

NOTE: THIS IS AN OLD THREAD, THE METHOD USED HERE MIGHT NOT WORK ANYMORE. IF YOU CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX THINGS WHEN YOU ****ED UP, NEITHER WILL I REPLY TO ANY QUESTIONS ASKED SINCE I DON'T HAVE THE DEVICE ANYMORE

ROOTING

For rooting the L5 you need the following things: "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk" & a root package provided by XxXKINGMAKXxX (Attatched below)

2) Install SystemBackupTest.apk with a file manager then, open the app and reboot - the app should be kept open while rebooting !important!

when the phone is completely rebooted, change your mobile connection mode to “Charge Only Mode”, then reconnect the cable.

4) Run root.bat from the root package, your phone will reboot and it will be rooted!

UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER

For all E617g owners, go to thishttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2392762 thread.

Its very important to choose the right unlock file, else you will get bootloops!

• su
    [*] reboot

• su
  • dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/recovery-backup.img (optional - makes a back-up)
  • reboot recovery

If you want to go into CWM any other time: turn off your phone then, press volume down + power, when the menu lights pop up press home button for 2 seconds and you will see CWM.

ROMS

This isn't difficult at all, just download some roms (given below) and drag and drop the zip file into your external/internal sd card.

Go into CWM and go to the folder where you placed your custom rom. You can navigate with the volume buttons and the power button(=enter).

!Note! if you want to flash a jellybean (android 4.1.2) rom you need to flash v20 baseband first!!!

BRICKED?

Special thanks to:
- XxXKINGMAKXxX
- Ideleeuw
- The rom makers ^^
I know that this is an incredibly old post, more than 6 years since the last OP edition. But, I still have my old LG Optimus LG E610 with ICS Stock ROM, in a very good shape, so I will try this just for the pleasure of doing it and play around.

Many thanks for putting together all this useful infos, OP and all!

P.S. Shame I can't add this (and other similar handsets) to My Devices List.

Reactions: dev-DaT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ROOTING

UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER

• su
      [*] reboot

• su
    • reboot recovery

ROMS

BRICKED?

Special thanks to:
    - XxXKINGMAKXxX
    - Ideleeuw
    - The rom makers ^^
    my lg optimus l5 E612 keeps rebooting itself after the media scan. i have tried to wipe the cache, the dalvik cache and a factory reset in CWM but still kept rebooting how can i fix it?? and also the software version is v10d-nov-16-2012
    Did you used the right bootloader?

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda premium
    Followed all the above procedure for LG E615. Touch screen won't work & boot loops.Any idea why?

Look the above message ^^
    Regarding E612G/E612F