FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,610 Vote(s)
64.02%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.54%
I don't know.

489 Vote(s)
19.44%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,929

Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2019, 10:35 PM |#43151  
Thanks Meter: 730

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV01

Hello,
My device is Xiaomi Mi6 and now I'm on LineageOS 16 from @NeoArian.
I've builded a kernel based on the source of LineageOS 16 provided by @NeoArian and flashed it via AnyKernel2 script.
After rebooting I've realized that my fingerprint scanner does not work. It was nothing in "Fingerprint" section of settings and when I tried to add a fingerprint, I've got the error (on screenshot).
I've tried to rollback the kernel (reflashed the LineageOS zip) but it wasn't helped.
I've tried to flash MIUI 9 and on this ROM fingerprint sensor works correctly.
After that I've tried to flash LineageOS 16 again but I still got the error.
Logcat (attached) says that the fingerprint could not be written to memory. Is it possible to reset this memory?
Thank you.

This is typycally solved with flashing the latest firmware. If you already are on LineageOS try first a dirty flash over the existing android system, reboot and see what happened, if doesn´t solve then do a completely clean flash wiping and formatting data and flashing again first rom, then GApps and finally the latest firmware (not complete rom, only firmware). If you want to try the mentioned kernel then flash it before to flash the firmware following the logical sequence.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
25th March 2019, 10:51 PM |#43152  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Wow, it helps!
Thank you very much!
25th March 2019, 11:12 PM |#43153  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92

I've read guides after guides on the internet and nothing seems to work to find the partition tables for this tablet. Is it because it's using some peculiar file system? How do I get past this hurdle?

If you didn´t look it up before there is an official app to unlock bootloader on some Asus devices, this thread refers to it https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-191576-1-1.html .
It´s unlikely that at these times someone find an exploit or something similar to unlock bootloader in a older device like this, said this I assume that at those times bootloader (of some brands and processors) was not so restrictive as in our days it is, I mean that if someone got root it and also got bootup device then bootloader acted simply like a preloader of the necessary components without restricting nor detecting nothing strange if some part of the system was altered, of course I may totally wrong but I think that if you want to build/port a custom recovery like TWRP and then build/port a custom rom for it you won´t get more handicaps than these tasks byself to get them work, there are many old devices previous or around to 2016 (I have one) with a custom recovery, rom and rooted with locked bootloader.

If you already are rooted you can try with some app to backup your boot/recovery like Flashify, Rashr and more. Also there is a "brute" way to know the path of these partitions following "dev" directory using a root file explorer for example MIXplorer app.
26th March 2019, 12:06 AM |#43154  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gladbeck
Thanks Meter: 2,185

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV01

Wow, it helps!
Thank you very much!

I assume you got it working. Even though you might want to notice that 9.3.21 firmware (miui) breaks the fingerprint sensor on our custom ROMs so far so please stay away from this firmware (rollback works).
Greetings!
26th March 2019, 02:37 AM |#43155  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What is the difference between "zerofltecan" and "zerofltebmc"?
I want to flash a custom rom on my samsung galaxy s6 G920W8 variant (Canadian). I used an app to check what model my s6 was and it said it was a "zerofltebmc". I also looked up what the canadian variant was called but it said it was called "zerofltecan". Now im not sure if i should use the download link for zerofltecan or for zerofltebmc. Can someone please explain to me which one i should use.
Help would be appreciated,
Thanks.
26th March 2019, 03:20 AM |#43156  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,568

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a mere.ar

I want to flash a custom rom on my samsung galaxy s6 G920W8..........

The zerofltexx encompasses the SM-G920, SM-G925, SM-G920F, SM-G920I, SM-G920S, SM-G920K, SM-G920L, SM-G920T & SM-G920W8

I do believe that the model SM-G920W8 includes both the zerofltebmc and the zerofltecan.

I could be wrong since I don't have an S6 myself. Maybe someone could either validate or elaborate on the above information.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle" AND Nickname for "My Ex-Wife}.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
26th March 2019, 04:19 AM |#43157  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendrop

I want to reprogram my Sony Xperia M2 hardware keys (the power button is broken)
How can I do this in kernel level?
I want to reprogram my camera button to be power button.

(note to mod: I am sorry for double posting this question)

There are several tricks to do this.

A simple Google search for:

"How to remap hardware keys android"

Should give you results that can get you started toward figuring something out.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

The zerofltexx encompasses the SM-G920, SM-G925, SM-G920F, SM-G920I, SM-G920S, SM-G920K, SM-G920L, SM-G920T & SM-G920W8

I do believe that the model SM-G920W8 includes both the zerofltebmc and the zerofltecan.

I could be wrong since I don't have an S6 myself. Maybe someone could either validate or elaborate on the above information.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle" AND Nickname for "My Ex-Wife}.

If they follow along with a commonality among other galaxy S devices in a series, I think you might find that these S6 variants are all hardware related in the same manner that all of the Galaxy S3 "d2" variants were related, they were all d2something but could all use the unified d2lte ROMs and the S4 devices were all jfltesomething and could all use the jflte ROMs.

It seems these S6 variants are all zerofltesomething, so, in theory, the zeroflte ROMs should work on any device that is zerofltesomething.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by a mere.ar

I want to flash a custom rom on my samsung galaxy s6 G920W8 variant (Canadian). I used an app to check what model my s6 was and it said it was a "zerofltebmc". I also looked up what the canadian variant was called but it said it was called "zerofltecan". Now im not sure if i should use the download link for zerofltecan or for zerofltebmc. Can someone please explain to me which one i should use.
Help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

I will say one thing in addition to my previous post.

Depending on how the ROMs were built, there "may" be an important difference between a zerofltebmc and a zerofltecan ROM. If the ROMs are not built in the same manner as the S3 unified d2lte builds were done, it might make a difference which one you use, the unified builds were built to work on all the devices regardless of what network they were on. This was not the case with ROMs that were built for a specific d2 variant. For example, a d2vzw ROM was very different from a d2spr or d2att ROM, they were different but "could" be flashed without harming the device, the radio and other things wouldn't work though. I would verify whether there is a difference between the zerofltebmc and zerofltecan ROMs, just to avoid potential headaches that require a series of flashing procedures to get back on track.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
26th March 2019, 10:39 AM |#43158  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Screen can stop
Hello,

I bought a Galaxy S9 (Europe) in 2nd hand who was rooted. (Knox triggered)
I tried many times to install a rom stock downloaded from Samobile then installed TWRP.

I realized some bugs. There are problems when i want to set the lock screen option. Impossible to put digital printers, when i set Pin code, sometimes it doesn't recognized the good pin and tell me "try again". Then i'm forced to do a factory reset.

2nd problem and the worst...
If i restart my phone, on the screen which ask to enter the SIM code :
  • The screen turns off.
  • 5 secondes later turns on
  • then turns off immediately

Finally i can do anything except a shut down the phone thank to download mode, then do the factory reset via TWRP...
PS : When i come back on TWRP after this bug, i see that the smartphone has strangely lost the encryption with no-verity-opt-encrypt 6-0 (screen keep only).
Could you help me please to resolve those problems ?

I'm close to sell that phone just for a software reason...

Thank you
26th March 2019, 09:33 PM |#43159  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialFF

Hello,

I bought a Galaxy S9 (Europe) in 2nd hand who was rooted. (Knox triggered)
I tried many times to install a rom stock downloaded from Samobile then installed TWRP.

I realized some bugs. There are problems when i want to set the lock screen option. Impossible to put digital printers, when i set Pin code, sometimes it doesn't recognized the good pin and tell me "try again". Then i'm forced to do a factory reset.

2nd problem and the worst...
If i restart my phone, on the screen which ask to enter the SIM code :

• The screen turns off.
  • 5 secondes later turns on
  • then turns off immediately

Finally i can do anything except a shut down the phone thank to download mode, then do the factory reset via TWRP...
PS : When i come back on TWRP after this bug, i see that the smartphone has strangely lost the encryption with no-verity-opt-encrypt 6-0 (screen keep only).
Could you help me please to resolve those problems ?

I'm close to sell that phone just for a software reason...

Thank you

It´s well known the issues that implies to root the last Galaxy S and Note series devices from 8 and following.

Most of users don´t know how to deal with a rooted device and a custom recovery so the better if you think to sell it is returning it to its original state as much as possible with flashing the entire rom stock including stock recovery, from the two CSC files that you´ll find select the OYN one to delete/reset all the preferences.
27th March 2019, 12:57 AM |#43160  
Flag Menufia / Cairo
Thanks Meter: 140

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

RIL stands for Radio Interface Layer, the RIL controls the radio(modem)

@Droidriven
Please explain more ,i searched more but I couldn't understand .
The Following User Says Thank You to kapmino269 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kapmino269 Ad-Free
27th March 2019, 02:47 AM |#43161  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapmino269

@Droidriven
Please explain more ,i searched more but I couldn't understand .

https://wladimir-tm4pda.github.io/po...telephony.html

This gives a demonstration of RIL functions.

More info:

https://www.oreilly.com/library/view...22255c11.xhtml

https://www.e-consystems.com/blog/sy...odule-SOM/ril/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)