FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HOLY SHIZNIT! I just got my OnLive.com invite. WWOOWW!

239 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By maxpower097, Senior Member on 3rd July 2010, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So about 6 months to a year about I hear about a new concept for gaming called onlive. Its a consoleless based cloud gaming system using high end specific servers to run your game and then broadcast the graphics via video online. The possiblitlies would be endless but thats alot to ask and almsot not possible. Well 6 months pass and I see a new article saying they are offering an Alpha release deal with ATnT wherer Atnt pays your script 4.99 a month, for a year, and you pay after that. So I signed up figuring AtnT would be picking up the bill. So far you can choose from Mac or PC versions of the app. The app is around .5MB. So tonight I come home and low nad behold theirs and invite. They said they are gonna do em in waves as the system allows it. So I sign up and download it on my PC and let me say I was throughly impressed. Their is about 1/8th a second lag that I can see but the graphics are just under a ps3 or equal to. Sound on my PC stuttered a lil bit and it would drop a frame every now and again but it was definately playable. They have like 11 games now to choose from from major developers and whats cool is you can rent games for a couple days for like $4. Or you can buy them for more, but every game gets 30 minutes demo time. So you can play every game 30 mintues to try before you buy. So I played around with it and was blown away. It definately has a couple bugs but its more then playable and the graphics are great. Oh yah you have ot be wired right now to use it. THey aren't doing wireless yet. So here goes the real test. I whip out my Asus 1000HE netbook with 2GB ram and 1.6ghz atom cpu. Load up onlive and install it. Ran a game and it looked identical to my PC or PS3. It was freaking amazing!!!! Actually it ran way better on my netbook. Less dropped frames, sound was crystal clear, lag seemed a bit less. It was aboslutly amazing. I'll try to make oyu guys some video's to watch. But if it ran so good on my 1.6GHZ atom, I can only imagine it could run awesome on my HD2!.Check it out and sign up for the free year promotion. You'll be absolutely blow away and will definatelly see this in a phone soon. It could easily be done.

PS Im so amazed I'm gonna look into buying stock in this company.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)