[HOW-TO] Remove the FPS limit on stock-ROMs

Search This thread

matteof93

Aug 26, 2011
Bagnolo Piemonte, ITA
Huawei decided to put a FPS limit on its stock-ROMs, and this limit makes a stock-rom jerky and unsuitable for gaming.

I have looked for a script that was able to remove this FPS limit but the only one i found was not working correctly.

Then i found a really useful script that disables the VSYNC (enabled by default in the kernel).

I have tested this script on my u8800pro (stock 2.3.5 + root + CWM recovery + kernel .35 by genokolar) and it works really well. The rom now is really smoot, like CM7, and fast.

I haven't noticed any lag.

This is how to remove the FPS limit:
download this file http://sourceforge.net/projects/matteof93.u/files/69uncapfps/download
put it in your sdcard
download the app "script manager" from the market
open the script with script manager (remember to select run as root and run at boot)
after running the script for the 1st time, reboot the phone

To check if the script works, use an app like Neocore (i get 55FPS).

This script should work with both u8800 and u8800pro. I don't know if it works with the stock kernel.

Last edited:

VuDuCuRSe

Dec 11, 2010
First you say it doesn't remove the limit but disables the vsync, then later you say how to remove the FPS limit and the topic also states that.
What's it gonna be?

Ok, the script simply edits a system file to disable the vsync...

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

#zdzihu: uncap fps
mount -t debugfs debugfs /sys/kernel/debug
echo '0' > /sys/kernel/debug/msm_fb/0/vsync_enable
umount /sys/kernel/debug

Nice move, but it's not cool to just tell people to run some script from "megaupload" or whatever... ;)

Last edited:

anacletox

Oct 24, 2011
excelent

Works great on u8800-51 (entelpcs chile) with stock rom 2.2.2
Thank you very much sir.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei decided to put a FPS limit on its stock-ROMs, and this limit makes a stock-rom jerky and unsuitable for gaming.

I have looked for a script that was able to remove this FPS limit but the only one i found was not working correctly.

Then i found a really useful script that disables the VSYNC (enabled by default in the kernel).

I have tested this script on my u8800pro (stock 2.3.5 + root + CWM recovery + kernel .35 by genokolar) and it works really well. The rom now is really smoot, like CM7, and fast.

I haven't noticed any lag.

This is how to remove the FPS limit:
    download this file http://sourceforge.net/projects/matteof93.u/files/69uncapfps/download
    put it in your sdcard
    download the app "script manager" from the market
    open the script with script manager (remember to select run as root and run at boot)
    after running the script for the 1st time, reboot the phone

To check if the script works, use an app like Neocore (i get 55FPS).

This script should work with both u8800 and u8800pro. I don't know if it works with the stock kernel.